You have two choices for prompts:

1. It's a dark and blustery night, and you've fallen asleep in a thicket in the forest. You dream you've joined the wild hunt. What's it like? How did it happen? You can tackle just one of these questions or explore your own.

2, You fall asleep safe in your bed and dream that for some reason the Wild Hunt is chasing you. Tell us about it. Talk about that breathing down your neck fear that envelops you. Do you know why they’re chasing you? (You don’t have to). Show us what it’s like to be running and scared.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Raspberry Iced Tea yawned and collapsed on a pile of dry leaves. "Ah, sweet fall. I love October. Not too hot, not too cold... And now it's time to sleep." Closing her eyes, she imagined the wonderous festivities that awaited her when she opened her eyes. It is, after all, Halloween season. Raspberry Iced Tea felt herself drifting off... Then suddenly, she heard hooves. Hooves, seemingly galloping through the trees along a dirt path. How odd, Raspberry Iced Tea thought, but was too fatigued to open her eyes and search for motion. Maybe I'm already dreaming, and it's difficult to distinguish reality from dream, Raspberry Iced Tea rationalized as she continued to drift off.

Then suddenly, Raspberry Iced Tea was awake. Or was she? She was sitting against a tree in the forest, listening to the world around her. It was nighttime, and she felt threatened. Something was coming for her. The sound of hooves never stopped. They seemed closer now. And she could clearly tell that there were multiple horses.

Raspberry Iced Tea felt a cold chill run down her spine. They were coming. But what did I do? Raspberry Iced Tea combed through her memory. What did I do the past few weeks? Did I do anything that could have upset anyone? Did I disrespect any kind of religion or ritual? She had done nothing wrong. But they were coming. Instinctually, hair began to stand on her legs and her back. She didn't know what to do or where to run.

Maybe I can run to someone else? A friend? Is this a Halloween curse cast upon me? If it is, maybe it'll go away if I'm in the presence of another pony.... And if it's not, and we're all affected, maybe we can get away together! Raspberry Iced Tea began to ponder who could be sleeping around her current location. Stryka! Stryka has got to be around here. I'm pretty sure he's down by the river bank. If I can make it to him, maybe I'll be safe.

Conveniently, Stryka's camp was in the opposite direction from where the sound of hooves seemed to be coming from. Raspberry Iced Tea began gently trotting in his camp's direction, trying to remain as quiet as possible. Then the trot slowly became a sprint. Raspberry Iced Tea took a deep breath. I swear I just heard one of their horses neigh! she thought, as she closed her eyes in disbelief. Am I asleep? Tell me I'm asleep. Wake up, Raspberry Iced Tea! You have got to wake up!

Raspberry Iced Tea ran and ran. She ran so much, but she never got tired. She thought this was suspicious and began to wonder... maybe she was dreaming. She isn't much of a runner and would never have been able to run so much without having to stop. Then she continued to run. Okay, now she was sure. This is a dream. But is she cursed? The sound of hooves seemed to follow her and sounded louder than they were before. They were indeed following her. They were chasing her.

No one, uh... dies in real life because they died in their dream, right? That can't happen... unless this is a Halloween curse.. then, maybe...... Raspberry Iced Tea frightened more and quickened her pace. She has got to get to Stryka. He's strong and would definitely help her.

Raspberry Iced Tea wondered if this is a fruitless endeavor. She turned around and saw nothing. But the sound of hooves, and now, very clear neighing sounds, could be heard. Is she destined to die at the hands of this ghostly adversary? Why were they hunting her? She furrowed her brow and continued to run.

Raspberry Iced Tea ran for what felt like an eternity. Then she saw the river bank. Now, where is Stryka, she thought. He's a night owl, so he might not be asleep yet.. I hope other ponies (besides myself and that ghostly herd) exist in my dream! If not... well, I guess I'm alone, and I have to pray that the sun comes up and they'll disappear in a cloud of smoke or something, she pondered.

Stryka was nowhere to be seen. She couldn't even find his sleeping spot! Raspberry Iced Tea panicked. The sounds of hooves were getting louder, but still, she couldn't see anyone coming after her. All she saw was dark, empty plains that stretched to the ends of her field of vision. Then she jumped into the river. Maybe I can lose them like this? I heard this might work for bloodhounds... what about ghosts?

Raspberry Iced Tea submerged her body, shook around, and jumped out onto the grass on the other side of the river. Shivering from the cold and the fear of her ghostly stalkers catching up to her, she shook and took off running again. As she ran, she heard loud neighing along the river. The heard seemed to have come to a halt...

Raspberry Iced Tea, filled with fear, continued to run and run and run...

Word count: 845