Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:22 pm
DavyJnah

User Image

Meredith was absolutely not a happy pony. She'd been off checking on another area of territory that she tended to make sure no one had been messing with it unduly. It had taken years to build up relationships with those who lived around the beaches. To show them the ways to care for their beaches and ocean.

Now she had come home only to find the area trashed. It was clear that some teens had been camping here. Worst they had been doing whatever they wanted. The once pristine dunes were now littered with trash, plants stomped into the sand as pony after pony tried to climb the slippery slopes. The culprits were no where in sight.

Meredith didn't know if she should scream in her furry or break down in tears. So she stood there trembling in rage as tears ran down her face.

WC: 145  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:11 pm
magnadearel
]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Firth had been swimming along. Just really minding his own business and getting out for a little. Stretch his fins if you know what he meant. Not that he didn't have wide open space where he was, he just wanted to see some more. So he had taken to following currents and then finally decided to breach the surface where he saw dunes and a pony who looked in some distress. From how far he was he really couldn't tell too much so he swam closer until he could really see the mare. Then he saw the damage and rage swelled in him. The trash that could very easily be swept into the ocean and get caught on others like himself.

"Who," The words were a snarl in his throat. How he wished he could maybe throttle whoever had done this, "did this?!" He bellowed, though his voice might be small, it was clearly full of anger. "The waves could wash this into the ocean." This is probably what she was upset about, being an ocean being as well. "Does no one care above care for the oceans?"

WC: 188  

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:44 pm
DavyJnah

Meredith couldn't believe they would have done this. She was going to have to educate these young ponies on the damages they had inflicted on the plants and animals here. Granted they might have been simply visiting, but that was still no excuse.

Another voice coming from the direction of the ocean filled with just as much anger as she felt echoed off the dunes. Meredith turned towards him. He was a very brightly colored seathi. She growled as she looked back over her shoulder at the damage. "Specifically who, I don't know. But when I find them. They. Will. Regret. It." Her voice was low and menacing and her tail lashed back and forth.

"Some. I've been teaching the ponies that live around here the harm they can cause with careless actions. I was away tending another area while this happened. Do not fear though little seathi, I will clean it up." She hated taking care of someone else's trash. If she had known who'd done this she would see to it that they cleaned up their mess.

WC: 179  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:38 pm
magnadearel

Firth gave a nod to the female when she said they would regret it. He would help her dish out punishment if he could. Though he was sweet tempered, this made his blood boil. Though he wasn't sure he would actually do harm, just voice his anger at them. "I appreciate you cleaning up after them and making the oceans safe for folk like me, but this isn't right. Those on the surface should take care of this even if its just visitors. They should also be making their visitors aware of the ocean and how they could protect it. Monitor them or something." He gave a hard sigh but swam closer to her.

"Name's Firth by the way." Offering his name to the mare, as he tried to cool off from his anger. Seriously though, how could these ponies do something like this? "I'm at least glad that you're educating many of them. Maybe we can get someone to watch this area and run off others who may try to trash it or something? That way you aren't the only one doing the work."

WC: 185  

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:39 pm
DavyJnah

As much as she wanted to drag the culprits down here by the ears and glare at them until they fixed their mess, she wouldn't let another pony possibly come to harm on her beach. There was always more beach that needed cleaning for when she found them. Meredith gave him a kind smile as he appreciated her effort to keep others safe. At least someone understood.

She nodded her agreement. She had hoped that the local ponies might have put their hooves down when it was happening. Seems they were due for another talk as well. "A pleasure Firth, I'm only sorry you had to see my beach in this sorry state." She came over to the edge of the water, so it was easier for them to talk. "I'm Meredith." She gave a shrug of her side fin and a flick of her long graceful tail.

"I can't force anyone to watch over it. I can only do what I can do. Unfortunately there was another part of the beach that desperately needed some help." And that was a whole other swarm of sea urchins.

WC: 187  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:36 pm
magnadearel

He gave her a small smile. Meredith had at least tried to teach the ponies and well that was really all they could do. He began to let the anger go, no point in holding onto it. "At least some of them were trying at least." Another sigh. "I would love to help you clean as much as I can." Not that he could help too much, being away from the water and not having anything but his front half to drag around was difficult for a more water based pony. At least though he had made a friend here. A friend who shared his sentiment of keeping the ocean clean for ones like himself and her.

"If you ever see me around. I will do my best to pop up and be a good example on why we should keep the beaches and oceans clean." He gave a wider smile, the anger nearly gone now.

WC: 156  

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:28 pm
DavyJnah

She nodded with agreement. It was nice when others took her words to heart. The pale blue pony perked up her ears when the small seathi offered to help clean. "Thank you. That is very kind and appreciated Firth. I could use the help patrolling the shallow waters just off the shore. We can set up a designated spot for you to drop off trash that you find and I'll collect it. If its too big for you, come get me and I will help."

Meredith gave him a broad smile. Something good had come out of this disaster. She'd found another pony who appreciated everything the ocean gave them. He might be small, and only able to really help in the water, but every tiny bit counted. Maybe he could get his friends to help. Friends. Despite only having just met, she considered him an ocean friend. One of her very few.

Usually she was always so focused upon her self- taken duties and guarding the coastline that she didn't really have time to make long lasting friends. Perhaps it would be different with this little pony.

WC: 188  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:51 pm
magnadearel

He nodded, excited to help out in any way he could. Making sure to get things into a trash for her would be easy if he could patrol the areas she gave him. "I can do that. I know I can't carry as much as you but I can at least fill up whatever it is that you put together for me to put trash into." Despite everything that he had witnessed he was at least happy to make a friend. Having more friends was something he really needed as she was his only friend at the moment.

"I'm at least glad I found a friend despite the devastation." He gave her a small smile. It was about time for him to get more friends. Especially ones who could spend time in the ocean as well.

WC: 136  

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:21 pm
DavyJnah

She smiled. "Every tiny bit counts Firth. No matter how small the piece. You should understand that." Meredith gave him a tiny boop on his snoot to emphasize her point. Good things came in tiny packages. "You'll be able to focus on the under water areas whereas I divide my time between land and sea."

"The feeling is mutual." Meredith ducked her head awkwardly. She didn't normally talk to a pony for so long without scolding or getting on her ocean soapbox. "It's really a pleasure to find someone who feels the same as I do. Well! Come along. Let's find a good spot where you can stash the trash until I can come collect it." With practice ease she slipped into the waves and gave a flick of her strong tail to hold herself in place until he caught up.

WC: 141  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:20 pm
magnadearel

The tiny boop to his nose cause him to wrinkle it a little. She was right of course. Cleaning anything in the ocean was better than leaving it there. Divide and conquer for cleaning the ocean and beaches. Definitely easier for him to stay water bound than try to even get on the beaches and drag himself around. He followed her to where she was going, it would be good to know exactly where he was to put the trash when he was around. He was actually pretty fast in the water.

"It really is." He mused as he caught up. "Any place you think is good I can put it all there. Once we finish this up I have to run for a little while and then I can be back to clean in the future." He nodded to her. There was still many things in the day he needed to get done himself.

WC: 155

Total: 820  

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:10 am
DavyJnah
Fin!

Meredith nodded in understanding quickly found a spot nearby that they both found acceptable. She even made a note for herself to maybe find something to help hold it. A net would be ideal to hold small pieces of trash so they didn't float away, but she also didn't want it to catch unwary animals. It would require some creative thinking.

"Alright. I'll see you later Firth." She waved goodbye to the little seathi, before heading back to the beach. There was much work for her to do.

WC: 88  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff