{PRP} The Unicorn Is In {Niobet x Levant}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:26 pm
User Image

The orange stallion rose bright and early this morning. He hummed as he gathered his supplies. Being the group's healer meant a lot to him and he carried out his duties to perfection. He had started out without knowing really anything except that his horn could heal others. As a foal he'd made his first forays into healing. The others had welcomed his efforts and guided him as best as the horn-less could. Much of it was trial and error.

When he'd become a young stallion a wandering herd of unicorns had passed through. They somehow heard about him and sought him out to offer free training. Levant was ecstatic. He absorbed their knowledge like an empty sponge. He learned the best way to apply the magic of his horn. Most importantly he learned when to save his energy and not use his horn. That had been one of the hardest lessons for him to understand. Learning how to pace himself and not wear himself out was so important to his vitality and happiness.

With supplies gathered it was time to head to the beach. He had found a nice little cove to set up shop back when he was first learning and tried to treat anyone who showed up. The cove was relatively sheltered and shallow; he did his best to accommodate those who couldn't walk on land. Nor did his limit himself to only those of his family group. You had to abide by his rules or he wouldn't treat you though. Levant held his healing sessions twice a week, but his family knew where he lived and could easily get him in an emergency. The orange stallion hummed to himself as he made his way towards the beach and his cove.

WC: 294  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was a rare day when Niobet slept in much later than sunrise. It had been -- well, she couldn't really remember when she'd last spent a lazy day dozing on and off and doing nothing else. Truth to tell, she might have appreciated having a day like that, but this morning, it wasn't meant to be.

Instead, after a good stretch, she gone for a morning flight. She had no personal territory to watch over or to guard, but she felt better taking a look around an easy flight's distance, making sure that nothing too odd or out of the ordinary was taking place down there. She liked to cloud walk, dipping her hooves in the mists that had yet to fully burn off before the sum was at its peak.

And then she liked to explore. This morning, she'd found am interesting twist of water, and decided to follow it inland, just to see where it led. There was no telling how much that was new abd exciting or at least worth a closer look, just around the next vend.

And there it was. Something, or perhaps someone, worthy of her curiosity. She circled the little cove before choosing the right approach for a landing. Not close enough to startle, not too far away to be missed and with a deft control rhat made sure neither of them would suffer the indignities of carelessly flung bits of loose sand.

When she had he balance and she'd shaken her feathers into place so they'd lay as she preferred, she stepped toward the bright-coated stallion and the place he seemed prepared to work.

"Expecting someone important?"

wc=275
magnadearel

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:08 pm
Samuel Carlin

Levant was preparing all his materials. On the ones where he didn't need to use his horn, it was better to have supplies ready. Bandages and salves went a long way. His family seemed to be quite accident prone. Thankfully it wasn't usually too serious. He'd just gotten everything put away when an unexpected and unknown visitor showed up. He appreciated that she chose to land slightly further out so everything wasn't covered in sand.

Noting her precise control, the stallion didn't think the mare was sick, but he supposed it could be for something that wasn't immediately obvious. Levant waited politely while she settled her feathers. Noting as he observed her that her feathers were in fine quality.

"Greetings gentle lady." He gave her smile and a deep chuckle, "all of my patients are important to me. My name is Levant. Are you requiring any assistance this fine morning?"

WC: 150  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:49 am
The stallion didn't startle as she approached. Good, then she'd made her arrival clear enough. As she approached, though, he greeted her with such formal, flowery language. Ah, one of those types. Is that my luck?

"There's no need for all of that," she answered, amused. "I might not be a lady, after all." Or not the sort who expected delicate handling, at least. "It's nice to meet you, Levant. I'm called Niobet."

With an ear flick, she added, "Did you say patients?" A glance at the things he'd prepared confirmed the words. "So you're a healer then." Even without the salves and bandages, it made sense. Unicorns and their horns.

She blinked. "Oh! No, I'm fine. Not a scratch or strain on me, as far as I'm aware. I just saw you from above and thought I'd come have a look."

wc=143
magnadearel

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:56 pm
Samuel Carlin

Levant snorted with humor as she declared she might not be a lady. "With gracefulness like you showed landing clearly you are." It never hurt to call one sir or lady in Levant's books, particularly when he didn't know the name of the subject. He gave her a half bow with his head. "It is a pleasure to meet you this fine morning Niobet."

He noted her gaze going around the area and waited for her to come to the obvious conclusion. It was pretty common for unicorns to go the healing route. One could say it was rather in their blood. Unless something foul befell a unicorn, most that he'd heard of felt the calling to heal. Some needed a push to get them there, and others like him just knew it instinctually.

The orange stallion was relieved, and maybe a little sad?, that she was fit as a fiddle. "Well that's good to hear. Most of my visitors usually come bearing at least some scrapes and bruises." He chuckled. "Please feel free to take a look around. I treat using both physical means and with my horn, so I'm able to treat quite a wide variety of ailments."

WC: 200  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:07 pm
"If grace was the only requirement to be a lady," Niobet countered, "the lands would be full of them. Grace can be am act, after all, can't it? Or at the very least, a well-praciced skill."

Since he'd invited her to do so, she did take a few moments to explore the place he'd cleared our for his services. "Do you have a lot of patients, usually? And will you forgive me for saying I hope not? I know, healing is your gift, as well as your trade, but I think if your beach here was crowded with patients waiting for your touch, sonething dangerous might be going on. Not," she added, turning back to consider him again, "that you look like you'd have much trouble taking care of yourself."

There was a question for him. She completed her tour of the area and came back to him, curiosity in her gaze.

"Do you ever find yourself mistaken for a fighter rather than a healer?"

wc=165
magnadearel

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff