Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Date Crasher (Chwaer Dywyll x Moonshine Acidtrance)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Artymus

Feral Krampus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:46 pm
User Image
Chwaer had butterflies in her stomach. Not literally, but it sure felt like it. She'd had romantic liaisons before, but this was different. She felt like Moonshine actually cared about what she said and how she felt. She didn't feel silly telling her about the random thoughts she had, or berate her for being silly sometimes. It was nice. Moonshine was nice. And sweet. And kind. Chwaer felt her cheeks heat as she thought over how much she liked the other mare. It was exciting to be....well not in a relationship. This was only their first date, but Chwaer hoped it lead to something more. You barely know her!, she thought to herself. But her feelings didn't care. Chwaer was becoming more and more smitten by the second. It was almost overwhelming, but in a good way. They'd met by chance during one of Chwaer's many travels, and she'd decided to stick around and see how things developed. They'd spent the day together, laughing and talking and just enjoying each other's company. Moonshine had told her about this canyon, so they'd packed a lunch and meandered down, and were currently on their way back up. Moonshine had just told her a funny story, and when she turned back to look where she was going, she saw a stranger with...bunny ears? How....strange...

(WC: 221)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:49 pm
User Image

The family Moonshine came from was massive to say the least, and full of many impressive members. It was easy to get lost in the sea of Glamrock's family and everyone strived and struggled to stand out from the crowd. The pressure to be even more impressively good was especially heavy for Moonshine, descending from Zyanya who suffered a mysteriously dark ailment. Her descendants were more scrutinized, looking for that darkness. Moonshine never helped her case by her interests in death, but to her it was simply a part of life to be celebrated. She stood out for entirely the wrong reasons in her family and was still overlooked among the many impressive relatives she had. She always felt misunderstood and neglected, but that ended the moment she clapped eyes on Chwaer. Moonshine had no idea how gray and dull her world had become until Chwaer burst into life before her. It was like everything else fell away and there was only Moonshine and Chwaer. Every moment since then has only built upon that first heart-skipping moment and for the first time ever Moonshine felt understood and more importantly, seen.

She spent their day hanging onto every word the other mare said, watching the way she slowly opened up and relaxed, her smiles becoming wider, her conversation deeper. Watching the sheepishness in her eyes fade to trust made Moonshine blush under her skull mask. Until that look changed to one of confusion and Moonshine turned to see an interloper on their date. Perhaps it was the adrenaline from her date, or caution after having faced the blood rabbit-monster, but Moonshine found herself leaping between it and Chwaer, brandishing her lantern like a weapon. "Get back!" She gritted around the lantern in her mouth.

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Artymus

Feral Krampus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:31 pm
Chwaer took a step back as Moonshine jumped in front of her to shield her. Her confusion at the stranger on the path turned to alarm since she'd never seen Moonshine have this kind of reaction before. "What's wrong?", she quietly asked her protector. She didn't want to raise her voice too much, the tension in the air palpable. What could have possibly happened before for Moonshine to be on guard so quickly?

Through her confusion and alarm, another emotion flickered: satisfaction? Yes. It pleased her greatly that Moonshine had immediately come to her defense. Chwaer was used to mostly traveling alone and taking care of herself. The only other person who had ever really defended her was her older half-brother, Gorymdaith. When Gory had found her, he'd been looking for his mother, and was more than pleased that he'd found a sister instead. And she'd been glad, too. It had been lonely growing up without a sibling, and she and Gory became close quickly. Despite his ghostly appearance, Gory was kind and wise, giving her guidance and protection like they'd never spent a day apart. Chwaer couldn't help but feel that Gory would approve of Moonshine when he met her. With a small smile, she realized that she'd never met anyone she'd wanted her brother to meet before.

(WC: 219)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:16 pm

Moonshine's eyes were locked on the stallion before them, trying to assess his body language for any potential deception beneath what looked to be a calm exterior. She'd been fooled once but not again. She saw the creatures paws and ears and while most might think rabbits relatively harmless they proved opposite when they become shifters. While she could see the paws and ears from the distance apart they were, she couldn't tell if he was hiding a pelt or was simply a mutant. Her heart was in her throat but she was able to respond to Chwaer, "It might be a shifter trap. He may look harmless from this distance keep back and keep your wits about you."

She was filled with a new feeling she'd never had before as she shielded Chwaer from the potential danger. Sure, she'd do the same for just about anyone in her company but this time the anxiety for her life was laced with an anxiety for MOONSHINE'S life, because the potential to go forward in life without her was already unbearable. How had she suddenly become so important? Moonshine couldn't say, but she was suddenly certain she would never be alone again.

To the potential shifter she called out "Stay where you are and identify yourself!" She flared out her wings both protectively and threateningly. If the lanrern wasn't enough of a weapon she could break bone with her wings.

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Artymus

Feral Krampus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:01 pm
Chwaer went rigid when Moonshine told her the stranger could be a shifter. She'd never encountered one herself, but her brother had, and he had said he'd barely escaped with his life. She scooted farther behind her defender, cowering, trying to make herself smaller. Despite being able to take care of herself, Chwaer was unprepared to face that kind of threat. At least Moonshine had her lantern that could be used as a weapon.

------------------------

The stranger, whose name was Franz, tilted his head. He didn't understand why these mares, who had been perfectly find up until they spotted him, were suddenly so afraid and hostile. "Yooohooooo!", he called out. "My name is Franz! I think I am lost! Do you ladies know how to get to the next town from here? I think I took a wrong turn at Albe...Albuh...Oh now I don't remember what the name of the last settlement I was at is. Anyways! I'm Franz, it's nice to meet you!"

------------------------

Chwaer heard the stranger's voice - Franz's voice, and straightened up so she could whisper to Moonshine. "I'm not so sure he's a shifter...He doesn't sound like one...", she whispered in the other mare's ear. Chwaer realized that sounded silly. She'd never met a shifter before, so how would she know what they sounded like? She rolled her eyes at herself, and internally cringed. Still hovering next to Moonshine's ear, she got the strangest urge to - no! This was serious. This was not the appropriate time to kiss her...her what? Friend? No, her feelings were different from just friend, but Chwaer didn't want to assume anything. I guess we're going to have to have a chat...if we get out of this alive, she thought to herself.

(WC: 288 )  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:13 pm

She stood still, trying to process what was happening. She'd already gone from the endorphin high to terror to... confusion? Was she being too paranoid? She squinted, looking Franz up and down, from his friendly smile and puzzled look in his eyes, to the casual way he held himself. Sans Merci had to explain away its anxiety and slight oddness but this stallion seemed guileless and straightforward. Still, she had a nagging anxiety that she tried to swallow down. Her neck burned hot with embarrassment. Was she harassing an innocent stallion? She slowly lowered her lantern and folded her wings down, still eying Frans suspiciously.

"You just need directions?" She felt so foolish. And in front of the potential love of her life. A fleeting thought that it still could be a shifter looking to ravage the nearby settlement, but she pushed that away. One shifter alone wouldn't be so stupid. She really was affected by that earlier encounter. She never used to be so paranoid. "I'm sorry, I've had a bad experience with a shifter, but you don't seem to be one." She nervously dug her hoof into the ground and glanced back at Chwaer. "I'm sorry, false alarm."

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Artymus

Feral Krampus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:30 pm
Chwaer watched as Moonshine lowered her lantern and her wings, and listened to her apology to Franz. Her heart hurt for her that she'd had to go through such an encounter before with a shifter, but that just proved how strong Moonshine was. When Moonshine looked back at her, Chwaer stretched forward, gently rubbing her nose against the other mare's. "It's okay", she told her. "Better to be safe than sorry." She moved up so they were side by side once again. "You just need to go back up that way out of the canyon, and then take a right until you get to the main road. There should be a sign post at the crossroads", she called back to Franz.

------------------------------

Franz's ears dipped at hearing the black and green mare explain her reason for caution. A bunny shifter sounded terrifying, and he didn't blame her for being on guard. He dared walk a bit closer so they didn't have to yell. "That's alright.", he said to the mare with the bone mask. "No harm, no foul", he told her with what he hoped was an innocent-looking smile. Looking back at the purple mare, he chuckled. "Ah! That must've been where I got mixed up! I took a wrong turn after all. Ah well, happens all the time!" Franz chuckled to himself again. "I swear, if my ears weren't attatched, I'd lose them! Thank you, ladies, for your assistance. I'll be going now! Toodaloo!" He turned around, trotting back up the trail, whistling a jaunty tune.

WC: 256  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:41 pm

The touch of the other mare sent shivers up her spine, like sparks tinging all along her back. She returned the gesture, breathing in the scent of Chwaer. While still a little embarrassed, most of her anxiety melted away at the reassurances of the other mare. She listened to Chwaer give the stranger directions and then watched, more relaxed, as the stallion approached them. "I hope you find your way!" She called after him as he left in the direction Chwaer had indicated. Alone once more Moonshine turned to her date. "I'm sorry my paranoia made that weird," she said shyly. "But thank you for being cool about it."

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Artymus

Feral Krampus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:55 pm
Chwaer watched the stallion go, glad he wasn't the danger that Moonshine had initially thought. She couldn't blame her reaction. Shifters were horrible, horrible monsters, and escaping one would have probably been traumatic. She bumped her flank against the other mare. "No need to apologize, and you'll always be welcome. Thank you for looking out for me." With a smile, she gestured toward the trail. "Let's get back. I'd love to hear about your experience, if you're willing to tell me." Chwaer lightly ran her nose against Moonshine's cheek again, then started forward. This was an interesting life she led, and with Moonshine by her side, it was bound to only get more interesting.

WC: 114

END  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces