User Image

Lantana was being extra cautious at this time of anyone that she met. She had heard whispers about a bunny that had blood on it that had chased others through the the woods and she was not letting that happen to her! Not after she had been forced to play some weird game by a mysterious voice. That was enough weirdness for her.

However, after letting her curiosity get the better of her she had found herself inside a canyon with no way out the back end, where she totally hadn’t been chasing a butterfly that had been flying around her head and annoying her, and the only way to move was forward. Unfortunately her wings couldn’t do much for her other than flutter quickly when she was angry and trying to look fierce.

Luckily the whole canyon was dry and there didn’t appear to be rain on the horizon, so she could take her time and enjoy the view, not that there was much. There were rocks on both sides and a blue sky above her, and then the winding canyon in front of her. Not too interesting to look at.

As she made her way past what appeared to be some sort of large rock she found herself running into someone. “Oh excuse me!” She said after an “oof” “I didn’t expect anyone else…” She looked at who she had bumped into.

“Rabbit creature!” She yelled, startling the stallion into jumping back a bit.

“You won’t get me! I’m ready for a fight! I dare you to come at me!” Lantana said, fluttering her wings in response. She wasn’t going to let this shifter get the best of her!

The stallion, and now his bunny companion who now come into view were looking at Lantana in surprise. They looked at each other before the stallion said, “Uh… I’m not wanting to fight you.”

But Lantana wouldn’t be fooled! “Ha! You’re just saying that! You won’t get the best of me shifter! Chaaarrrrrgggeeee!” If Lantana had thought about it for even one second, telling her “opponent” what her attack was was really silly. But she was all charged up, adrenaline pumping through her small body and she didn’t want to take chances.

The bunny companion jumped in front of the stallion, putting their paws out and stopping Lantana as she tried to gore the stallion with her horn. “Wait! We really don’t want to hurt you! And he’s not a shifter!” The companion said as he held Lantana back. The stallion nodded quickly. “I’m just new to the area.” He said, taking a step back from the tiny horned horse.

It took a moment for the words to filter their way into Lantana’s brain and be processed, but it eventually happened and she stopped fighting against the companion. “Oh uh, sorry about that then.” She said with a nod to both of them. “I’ve just heard rumors about a, well, not so nice bunny that chased others in a forest and I’ve been a little paranoid about it since. Oh and the mysterious voice as well.”

The stallion and companion looked at Lantana strangely for a moment, wondering if the tiny unicorn had her wits about her, before deciding that it was okay to talk to her for a bit longer. For now.

“That’s all right.” The stallion said. His companion huffed and muttered under his breath, “biggest load of moldy weeds story…” but Lantana didn’t hear the latter. Instead she looked at the two with a questionable look on her face. “What are you two doing down here? If you keep going back there you’ll run into a wall at the end eventually.” She took a quick look at the stallion’s legs. “Well, you might be able to jump it. I certainly can’t, and while these wings can flutter, they’re otherwise only useable for decoration.” She said with a sigh, moving her wings a bit.

The stallion looked past her in the direction that he was facing. “So we can’t get out that way? We just wandered in here ourselves, we thought it might lead… somewhere.” He had to admit that it had been many hours of wandering and now he wasn’t sure what they expected at the end of it. His companion rolled his eyes. “I was looking for flowers at least. Don’t know what the big lug wanted.” The stallion blushed a little.

“Well, if you want, we can try going out the other end, there may be a way to get out of here!” There had to be right? She didn’t want to get stuck in here forever! The stallion and companion quickly muttered to each other and then nodded their heads with the companion speaking. “Well, it’s not like we have anything better to do. Let’s go.” He said, hopping in the direction that Lantana was facing, his stallion friend now following him along with the small horned terror.