Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
I've been thinking Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kavuu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:19 pm
Its not the illiterates (sp?) that annoy me,
since our brain can raed sutff lkie tihs.
Its the people that choose to "txt tlk"
Some people just dont know better.
What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:08 pm
Yeah. Same here. people who try to reinvent the english language annoy me. stare  

lola_siannodel

LaForet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:32 am
what annoys me most is people who complain about english being too dificult without speaking any other language. I mean if those people tried to learn other languages they may perhaps realize english is really easy.

I personnally speak english, french, romanian, spanish and I'm learning swedish and from that I can tell that english IS really easy compared to all the other languages I speak  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:58 am
Both annoy me, but the "txt tlk" does annoy me much more. Everyone gets in a hurry and makes typos from time to time. We are all only human after all.

personnally personally, english English, dificult difficult  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

KuraiKitty

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:22 am
Ah, but you have to wonder why people go through the trouble of typing 'txt tlk'... it often takes longer than to type out the words. After all, typing the word 'great' is easy; they're all within easy reach of your fingers. Meanwhile, typing 'gr8' requires you to reach up your finger, making accuracy questionable at times and requiring inexperienced typers to go back and try again.

What's the point? o.o

I do understand misspellings, though. No one's perfect.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:14 pm
The English lanuage is the easiest language to learn, and you can create new words and new spellings for it without changing the entire meaning.  

aznspartan94

iNemoh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:52 pm
That stuff annoys me... stare

I never did get how opele can erad ustff ilke htis... kinda cool! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:17 pm
That's like people who do not use puncuation.

It's not like you have to spell out "Period" it's just one key...

Jeez.  

Hepkat

Kavuu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:59 pm
~monicdefox~
That stuff annoys me... stare

I never did get how opele can erad ustff ilke htis... kinda cool! biggrin

yea, usually, as long as the first and last letters are in the right spot, The human brain reads them as if it was in correct order.

"Scuh as tihs"  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:01 pm
it's one thing if you don't know the language, or are dyslexic-you can't help it. but if you know how to speak properly, and just choose not to, what does that say of you?

also, word processing programs spoil people too much these days-they not only correct your spelling, grammar, and punctuation, they usally automatically correct your capitalization for you, as well. i'm a little to used to that myself, as you can see. also, i'm just too lazy to hit the shift key, since i have to delete and retype half of what i write before it's intelligible (i'm a sloppy typist).  

Sachiko13

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:49 pm
What I would do with spell and grammar checkers is set them to flag mistakes, but not automatically correct them. That will alert you, but keep you in the habit of correcting your own mistakes.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:08 pm
I don't know how many freaking rp's I've made, where some txt tlk jerk off wants to join. And I got one guy that talked in l33t. L33T! Every single one of my rp's are literate, big time. And then and I have to deal with them not reading the rules. It snowballs on me, just because of the stupid txt tlk.

Gaia needs to make a place where txt tlk people can go, besides the Chatterbox.

As a matter of fact... *runs off somewhere in the guild*

-The Insane Faerie-

4,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

KiraLight

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:42 am
English is actually one of the hardest languages to learn.
We have so many words that break our the rules of the language.

*Corrected*  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:05 am
ninja
ninja

Well I hate both, I don't mind the odd "lke" where they miss a letter out or something, they was probably just typing quick. But if every word is missing at least one letter or they are mixed up then that really annoys me.

ninja
ninja

P-Nutty

P-Nutty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:10 am
KiraLight
English is actually one of the hardest languages to learn
We have so many words that break our the rules of hte language
ninja
ninja

Yes it is but as there is a minimum age limit of 13 then they should be able to type fairly well by now, in less they are foreign then they have a part excuse.

ninja
ninja

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas