Submit

Mature Fangirlism
  More fantastic than the boys they obsess over
  A solid reality that immature people put down
  Yay bishies
View Results

KiyaraSabel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:56 am
Many girls the world over are fascinated by men and boys they will very likely never meet, some of whom don't even exist. Even still we extol their virtues and discuss them at length. Sometimes merely because we find them pretty, as one would admire a hot house flower, but often something more about them drives us.

This thread is for discussing why we are so obsessed with the men and boys of our choice.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:16 pm
Why I like Sephiroth

First off, I admit, I find him stunningly attractive. He has a very masculine jaw, with full lips, often twisted into an alluring smile. His eyes are an amazing shade of green and his cat like pupils send chills down my spine. His clothing is a stark contrast to his pale creamy skin and brilliant silver hair. He has a very broad shouldered muscular build, and is rather tall. I find him so attractive not only because of how aesthetically pleasing they are, but because of how firghteningly insane he is, you can feel a chill knowing that you will never possess him that you can only hope to be noticed by him, because you would be nothing to him, because you could be nothing more than a willing slave to throw yourself where he bids you if only he would deign to acknowledge you. He is unattainable, and that is truly the greatest charm of his dark attraction.

Also, he has a very interesting amount of character depth, there is so much hidden in his past, so much more to the story we will never know. We have seen only the barest glimpses of the brilliant, calculating man he is, and even less of the seemingly cold personality before he was utterly consumed by the fires within him. He had a strongly ironic sense of humor, a dark melancholy air hung about him, and his distant stare which showed him to be a lonely but seemingly emotionless man. Sephiroth was a brilliant flare in a cold world, but he knew none of the things which make our lives worth living, he never knew his mother's love, Gast was the only caring guidance he had known and it was lost to him at a young age. Everyone else treated him as an abomination, respecting him only because they feared him. I doubt very much he ever really knew love, and that is another reason for the fangirls to flock to him, thinking perhaps they could have been someone to show him this greatest gift of life, to give him a heartfelt smile, not his cold sarcastic smirk. Though he is not real, his character is very realistic, he feels plausible, like someone you might meet in this world, a sad young man who's never known empathy, only the civilities required for the coldest of interactions.

I believe that he wanted only to belong, but it was something he would never find. What he ended up finding was a glimpse of hope that he was different for a reason, that he existed for a noble cause, to avenge the loss of people who were like him. But again, he found this was only another lie. Is it any surprise this promising young man turned on the world, believing that everything was a lie that there was nothing for him, that there was no one to care about him, only people who saw him as a monster, a tool for their benefit. Is it not sensible he wanted to destroy it, and hope to find somewhere else that would not be the same pack of lies that he'd known his entire life? Sephiroth was a tragic villian, someone who you could feel sympathy for, someone who you could relate to. Don't we all feel that there are times we do not belong? That no one really knows or cares about us, believing they would abandon us if they really knew what lurks in our hearts? Sephiroth discovered these things we fear most to be true about him, that he'd been nothing more than a tool for someone else's gain.

Jenova used him with what strength remained in her to convince him there was a way to escape, and so he overtook her weakened essence, and began his plans to free himself.  

KiyaraSabel

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:40 pm
*applause* *sniff* Furry, that was absolutely beautiful....

This may not be exactly what the thread was made for, but after having been able to discover something about myself, I wanted to share it:

Now, I have finally categorized my love of Bishounen. I have found three main characteristics that I tend to look for:

arrow 1. Silver Hair
arrow 2. Bangs, or swept back spiky hair (Like Zack, Axel, and Riku)
arrow 3. Slim, almost feminine build

Note that most of the bishies I love have 2 out of 3, so the more I like them doesn't have to do with having all three of these qualities. Even Sephiroth really only fits two, as his build is muscular. Also, Kuja happens to posses all three, but that doesn't mean I like him more than say, Vincent, who only has two. (Yes, I think of Vincent as having an almost feminine build.)

There are more, bonus traits that I like as well, such as being a villain, being insane, pale skin, striking eyes, using a sword, and many more.

Here is an heiarchy I put together. This is who I like most at the moment. (note that there are really only four levels, just some of them are occupied by more than one bishie) (also, only slightly over half have silver hair... Okay, yes, I am obsessed.)

User Image

There are plenty more that go somewhere below that, like Rufus, Seymour, Baralai, Ritsu, Yuki, Kyou, Orochimaru, Sasuke, Shikamaru, Kenshin, Ed, etc. etc. And then the odd ones, like Kefka, who seems to fit none of the traits, yet he's still awesome!

The bangs trait (2) is something I recently found out. Perhaps this is a bit of a KHII spoiler, but I think I need to use it to illustrate my point. Ansem from KH, though he has silver hair, was never really that good looking. Then, upon playing KHII, a second part of this Ansem appeared. this was Xemnas, and he is SUPERLY hot. The only striking difference? BANGS! His hair was also a bit spikier, and his skin a bit paler, but it was definitely the bangs that turned him hot in my eyes. Also, before he turned evil, he had very slight bangs that still made him look so much better!
User Image

So there, this is my take on 'Bishie or not?'  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:41 pm
eek He IS hotter *mouth hangs open in stunned awe* Who's the pretty boy next to Riku? He looks hot-angsty. And I would get on your case about wwhy is Cloud on the list, but I admit I was checking him out too the last time I watched AC.

Y'know, now I need to demonstrate my Bishie Hierarchy. Hmmm, let's just make an entirely new topic for that, you can start it if you want, I'm gonna have to go organize all my fave pretty boys. rolleyes  

KiyaraSabel

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:19 am
Yes, Cloud's a bishie. It's all in the pretty face.

And that pretty boy is Zexion from KH: CoM (Riku's story)!!!! heart heart heart heart heart heart heart You never fight him, because he's one of those manipulating people. Unfortunately, he's gone. sad But he was definitely my fave KH character (besides Sephy and Riku) for a long time! Axel even called him Zexy once. xd And now I tend to call him Sexy Zexy.  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:29 pm
lol Zexy xd  

KiyaraSabel

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:30 pm
Hmm, a prime example of stereotyping fangirls:
http://www.analogpaladins.com/Images/Comics/AR/index.html?comic=6  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:05 pm
That does it. I'm getting Chain of Memories. And if it's ok, I'm gonna make my own heirarchy.  

Calamity from the Heavens

The City of Parte`

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff