Reply The Harry Potter Movies
Time to cut the crap Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:59 pm
I think it is time to cut the s**t in the movies, they add so much stuff, I think all the s**t they add they could have instead used that time to add more stuff about the book. also they instead of putting stuff from the book they switch it, if you remember from GoF in the book as the twins take the potion and their beards grow they were laughing, not fighting as it was depicted in the movie.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:15 pm
I don't like what they've done with the movies, but let's admit, they could have done a HELL of alot worse.

And its not all s**t O_o

kyomuffins

ofbittersweetmemories

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:52 am
you have to keep in mind that JK Rowling herself agreed to these changes and is present during filming and approves the script before shooting.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:13 pm
No matter how hard you try, book to movie isn't an exact art.

Things have to overlooked, perhaps due to time issues, or feasibility.

And things have to be added, because books describe a lot rather than provide a lot of action.  

Pistil

Avarswiel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:12 am
I think despite them adding to and subtracting from the books they've managed to make some pretty good movies. Sure they all vary from the books but its hard work to make a book into a movie, so many people have expectations for it. I'd have to say though while the third one is a particular fave of mine, they did manage to butcher the book into oblivion. I haven't watched the third one in a while but it had lots of things added to it, and a little too much taken away. I think that another problem that their having with these movies is they keep switching directors, so audiences are getting different versions of the harry potter world because of it, which can be a little confusing. I think the director for Goblet of Fire did an excellent job, I wish they'd keep him.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:59 am
i wish they could have kept christopher columbus the director of the first 2 he did the best job.  

[Hollow Point]

covo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:24 pm
kyomuffins
I don't like what they've done with the movies, but let's admit, they could have done a HELL of alot worse.

And its not all s**t O_o
They could have done worse, so I try not to complain too much.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:25 pm
People should give them credit. Movies are never as good as the books. I think that they did a decent job on all of them. YOu can't expect them to be exactly alike. I mean, they originally wanted to make the fourth movie 2 films and release them a couple of months apart. Overall, people expect them to be masterpieces, but they should remember, it's not Rowling directing them.  

kitsunemajin90

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:50 am
kitsunemajin90
People should give them credit. Movies are never as good as the books. I think that they did a decent job on all of them. YOu can't expect them to be exactly alike. I mean, they originally wanted to make the fourth movie 2 films and release them a couple of months apart. Overall, people expect them to be masterpieces, but they should remember, it's not Rowling directing them.
really!? 2 films that exactly what my mom said they should do  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:08 pm
I understand that changes have to be made because of time constraints and whatnot, but that doesn't mean we have to like it. As most people know, I'm not really much of a fan of the movies. I'd rather stay home and save $9+ reading the book. I'll wait until it comes to cable, just like I did for PoA.  

willowtree
Captain

Aari-chan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:26 pm
You've got to remember that the books and the movies are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. Also, there have been books that were butchered a lot worse. Case in point... Series of Unfortunate Events? Oooh, that bugged me.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:37 am
I didn't like the movies that much, maybe it's because I read the books first... Anyway, I've only seen the first three, but I much prefered the first two. I really didn't like how dementors were portrayed in the third one, but there was a lot that I just found odd about it.  

Kana.Emiko

[ Voldemort ]

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:36 pm
instead of dancing alone -

i really have no problem with the movies. a book and a movie are two very different mediums - they will not be perfect if you turn one into another.
trust me - even a movie that was made into a book have alterations. i got underworld which was put into novel format after the screenplay. there were a lot of changes between it and the movie.

i have learned to just enjoy the movie as the movie, and the book as the book for the most part. some of the changes do bother me, like the exclusion of the mauraders in poa, but i understand the reasoning behind it.
i also agree with people who have posted before, that some of their problems stem from the changing of actors, though i am glad that chris columbus isn't doing them anymore. he did an excellent job on the two he did, but those two books are more... i don't know, light-hearted in a way, compared to the ones that come after it. the way the stories were portrayed work with the storylines, and the ages of the characters, but would have been horrible with the storyline and characters from gof, for example.

i am just really glad that they've done as good of a job as they have. harry potter could have turned into ella enchanted. it's an amazing book, possibly one of my favourite little kiddy books, but the movie - gah. i won't even go into it.

- i should be dancing with you

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:09 pm
I, Robot was supposedly butchered as it too was a book to movie adaption, I have to agree that book to movie adaptions usually suck, but i would expect better J.K is overseeing everything, right? I wouldnt allow such drastic changes as they have done.  

[Hollow Point]

-S h a n i t y-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:19 am
Oh come on. Let's just get it over with. The books and movies are two different things. In the books, one can really feel as if you are the character - reading his thoughts and stuff.. But in the movies, you see it from a third person perspective. It's like you are just watching them do their stuff..

So, expect some changes. There are really some people who only wish to see the movie, and not care a bit about the books. So, alterations have to be made so that those who didn't read the book could also relate to what was happening in the story. And we must also keep in mind the the book is way longer so not every detail is in the movie.

The Harry Potter Movies

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff