Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Research or Knowledge? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

toboetsukasa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:21 pm
How did you stumble upon Pagan? I was lookin *reading* through the Encyclopedia when I first knew what Paganism was. I was then a Christian. I starte to research and I found that Paganism was more my religion than Chirstianism. I decided to continue researching to see what all I could find out. I found the branch Wicca and that is where I've put most of my reasearching into. I love Wicca because "Do as ye will, as long as thee harm none." I have found many interest in Paganism and Im glad that I made this choice. What about you? How did you become interested in Paganism?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:24 pm
I became interested in it because there was this old lady that lived in my apartment at the time and she was a wiccan and got me into it. I fell in love with it the second she started explaining everything to me. I used to be christian too. xd  

Rika369

toboetsukasa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:29 pm
One of my closest friends has an aunt who is into it. Thats how she got into it. I also have a couple of friends whos parents that including me think they're Christian if I told my parents any different they'd probly kill me. There really big Christians. I don't go to church anymore. Neighter do they. When I told my mum I was bi she flipped on me and I was supposed to get saved she wrote me all kinds of notes and stuff my friend even wrote her back.. We didn't give her the note though but it was really funny. She answered like every sentence my mum wrote it was great. I wish parents could just see us as our own person ya know[  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:31 pm
I picked up a book at the local Metaphysical store, Scott Cunningham's "Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner". I liked the symbolism of Wicca, the information on ritual, herbalism, nature... the short-version of the Rede was interesting.

I do research on other Pagan paths, not just Wicca. I'm a member of "nonfluffypagans" on livejournal (A discussion group), and I've made a couple of friends there... so I'm learning new things as I go along. Whatever resources I can find, I pick up and learn from.

As a result of the "Instant Witch" kits, and fluffyism, I've gone back to being a "Seeker". I don't know what path I wish to follow, so I'm just going to do a little searching, internally.

Your parents are doing what they think they need to do to protect you. It's natural, and as annoying as it is to us, we won't be able to stop it until we get up and move on. Your situation.. it's best that you not tell them your faith. (Unless you have. O.o; )  

Keistera

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:23 pm
Due to my poor memory, I think what was going on is I had a great lack of faith; essentially, "If something was there, great; if not, whatever." Well, then I suddenly started learning bits and pieces more about my mother's side last summer... and then, although it wasn't the greatest sign, I was shelving books and found Fiona Horne's book Witchin'. Well, I checked it out, and sped through it. I found the concepts fascinating, lathough somethings didn't make much sense nor did I agree with (I'm so glad I didn't- that book was so fluffy...). Anyways, from there, I picked up the Idiot's Guide to Wicca (and Paganism? I don't remember the title), as well as read a bunch of other books.

I guess you could call that my brief experimenting stage; I never really did any spells; more like charms and pendulum(sp?) stuff. Today, as my heart beats funny, I am throughly researching various texts when I have the time. Fortuantely, once I finish reading one compliation of essays recommended to me, I will be able to read Witchcraft Today by Gerald Gardner.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:55 am
Thats funny I really don't remember... my cousin is a geo-pagan (I say Geo because he mostly uses crystals and other stones but also herbs not really any spells) but I think I just one day wanted to see if there really was something that could make sense, in a religious sort of way... so I searched for magi (danish magic) and it came up with some stuff that I read interesting, then I tried magic and found more and I was "hooked" whee  

Rakei

toboetsukasa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:43 am
My good friends Aunt has a book that she let us borrow to read or might have given it to my friend. I can't remember the title. Everyone in our coven has gotten to read it but me. I've been stuck with internet research and some books from the local library. I cannot check them out or anything because of my parents. I just have to sit in there and read them. I've been hooked since the first passage that I read out of the Encyclopedia it was the shortened version of "The Wiccan Rede" thats how I got hooked. It all made so much since to me and it just seems the right path for me. I have not yet picked my magikal name or a God yet. That im still researching on. I have to be very sneaky and careful though so thats why it takes me awhile. I found this really good site where people post and then a higher knowledged Wiccan will post answers to your questions. I printed all of them out and put them in a binder which I go over all the time just to keep everything fresh in my memeory. I have learned alot and am still learning. I love Wicca and wouldn't go back to Christanity sp? for anything. Thanks for posting. Blessed be and Merry part.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:55 am
Just remember to get knowledge from other sources, and not just this one person. wink

"Witchcraft Today" isn't too bad, so far... his history is... uh... suspect. Hehe. I'm reading it to get an idea of where Wicca came from, so in that sense, it isn't so bad.  

Keistera

toboetsukasa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:19 am
I do I wouldn't soley base my religion on one source that would be irrelevent. I've researched several aspects of Wiccan culture as well as other Pagan paths. I will continue my research because its always good to learn more things. As time goes on who knows what might happen?? I may change my path for another. As for now I stand by Wicca because its the most relevent to my wants and needs in a religion.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:53 am
I never really fit into Christianity, I just went to church and youth group because my parents wanted me too. After confirmation, I didn't feel any closer to any sort of god, and I pondered why I was just going along with something I didn't really believe or feel strongly about.

In 8th grade I met my friend Becki, who told me about being a witch. She taught me a little, and then I searched out the rest of my beliefs from various people and sources. Mostly my own memory and heart. But since my memories of what I HAVE been don't really coincide with any current/definate form of organized paganism, I'm just kind of a "freelancer" or non-denominational.  

Canned Toast

Quadadiddle
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:47 pm

My two friends told me they were witches and I was like "ZOMG RELI? I WAN B ONE TO LOZL" and I became a fluff-muffin. Then I stopped for awhile when my mom told me she was going to send me to christian boot camp. And then my cousin said he'd teach me. But then he told me that everything he taught me was a fluff-covered lie. So I started anew in this guild, and now I'm reading/studying.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:22 pm
I've been researching and poking around since October-ish last year. I've had tarot cards for years though, and I brought them to school one day. My friend Charlie mentioned Paganism, and that he had a book on Wicca. So of course I said I didn't dig sacrificing things (being a rabid vegtibolian). Oh the mis-informed majority. I looked into wicca that night (google is my savior) and was set straight. I started a binder filled with nonsence, and picked up (gasp) a Silver RavenWolf book! Too much "personal experience" stuff, not enough "this is what Wiccans are and do". Since then, I've gotten the "Wicca: A guide for the solitary practitioner" and "A further guide for the solitary practitioner" books, and have been working on making time and space to do a self-initiation ritual. I've been to a paganritual sort of thing once, and it was to celebrate the coming of age of a friend of mine. Course, I didnt know what it was, but it was soooo neat. She rented out a place at Ft. DeSoto and we all sat inside a big circle and burned candles and stuff (dont remember alot of details). I also went to a pagan elementary school (yep, thats right!) It's based on mutual respect, and we call the teachers by their first names and are in "groups", not grades. So... I'm still studying. Haven't done any magic yet, mostly for fear of becoming fluffy.  

The Wallaby

toboetsukasa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:30 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:28 am
Thanks for posing the Wiccan Rede :3.

I found out about Wicca when I was in the 8th grade, about 2 years ago. One of my friends were Wiccan, that was the first time I'd heard the word, and I had no idea what it was. A year after that I heard about it agian, so I started to look into it, and then, a couple months ago, there was a project in my english class, to research a religion and present it onfront of the class. I chose Wicca, and I began to learn more about it, then when I really started researching the religon for my project grade, and for my own knowlege. I am still researching, plus I passed my project.

QueenCrystal

Rakei

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:45 am
The full Rede can be found here: http://www.witch-crafted.com/lesn1.htm#2  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items