Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Knitty Reject Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gemini6184

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:08 pm
So I finally decided to post this. I designed this tank top pattern and sent it to Knitty for this year's spring issue, and promptly got rejected domokun They didn't say why, either, it was just one of those generic emails that said it "wasn't right for Knitty" stare Anywho, please tell me what you all think. And excuse the fatness that is me sweatdrop
User Image
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:18 pm
I think Knitty is crazy, your top is beautiful.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:19 pm
Was it possibly the pictures you sent? They're a bit blurry and until I saw the last picture, I didn't even know it was cabled. sad

BTW... it's REALLY pretty. Not my style, but very pretty none-the-less. 3nodding

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:46 pm
I would deffinately get some clearer pictures and try magknits or spun or something. That's pretty darned cute!  

Catcheen
Crew

gemini6184

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:16 pm
My aunt's digital camera apparently isn't the best sweatdrop I might try again next year. Right now I'm working on a dress pattern biggrin My mom thinks im nuts  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:53 am
That is a pretty top, I don't see why it was rejected; all the cabling must have taken some time.  

LadyAnubis

enlith

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:32 pm
Ooo! Cute! I love knitty, but I have a theory about them: I think they're like type casting directors. They've already decided what they want in a given issue and if you don't fit it or aren't the "closest one" then they don't pick your pattern. I defiantely don't think there's anything wrong with your tank top! it's super cute!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:15 pm
enlith
Ooo! Cute! I love knitty, but I have a theory about them: I think they're like type casting directors. They've already decided what they want in a given issue and if you don't fit it or aren't the "closest one" then they don't pick your pattern. I defiantely don't think there's anything wrong with your tank top! it's super cute!
I think you might be onto something. Or they only take patterns from the designers they know stare  

gemini6184

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:26 pm
I think its georgous.
*and I think that you are georgous and will slap the next person who appologises for their fat just because they got a curve, either that or slap the society that told them they aren't pretty just because they don't look like them*

but anyhow, I like it
it looks like it took a long time. Maybe that has something to do with the rejection, they thaught it was too time consuming for something simple. Though the effect is well worth it.
I think it is only fair to point out that I don't know what knitty is  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:42 pm
I be me
I think its georgous.
*and I think that you are georgous and will slap the next person who appologises for their fat just because they got a curve, either that or slap the society that told them they aren't pretty just because they don't look like them*

but anyhow, I like it
it looks like it took a long time. Maybe that has something to do with the rejection, they thaught it was too time consuming for something simple. Though the effect is well worth it.
www.knitty.com 3nodding many awesome knitting patterns. I dont think being complicated had anything to do with it, if you take a look you can see their patterns vary. so slap my mother, but i do have asthma and weight kinda complicates breathing. which makes exercising harder. viscious cycle sweatdrop

Maybe I should just keep submitting patterns and then publish the rejects as a separate book. Next on my list is a toddlers cardigan and a spring dress 4laugh  

gemini6184

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:31 pm
gemini6184
I be me
I think its georgous.

but anyhow, I like it
www.knitty.com 3nodding many awesome knitting patterns. I dont think being complicated had anything to do with it, if you take a look you can see their patterns vary. so slap my mother, but i do have asthma and weight kinda complicates breathing. which makes exercising harder. viscious cycle sweatdrop

Maybe I should just keep submitting patterns and then publish the rejects as a separate book. Next on my list is a toddlers cardigan and a spring dress 4laugh
I hope you do. You're obviously really good at knitting. I would love to see more of your designs. 3nodding There's no reason at all why you shouldn't be paid for your hard work. (BTW... even if you don't make a book, perhaps a website where people can pay a nominal fee for the patterns) 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:07 pm
Peppermint Elf
gemini6184
I be me
I think its georgous.

but anyhow, I like it

I hope you do. You're obviously really good at knitting. I would love to see more of your designs. 3nodding There's no reason at all why you shouldn't be paid for your hard work. (BTW... even if you don't make a book, perhaps a website where people can pay a nominal fee for the patterns) 3nodding
Hrmm... i'd prolly lose money on that idea, but its a good one anyway. And thered be a coupon code for my guild mates blaugh  

gemini6184

LadyAnubis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:41 pm
I think that sounds awsome. Somehow I just can't get knit or crochet summer items to look summer-y enough. They always seem too bulky, but that is really cute and I can't wait to see what more you do.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:03 pm
LadyAnubis
I think that sounds awsome. Somehow I just can't get knit or crochet summer items to look summer-y enough. They always seem too bulky, but that is really cute and I can't wait to see what more you do.
It ended up too bulky, really. I didnt have the money for cotton yarn at the time, so I used acrylic and i sweat in it. whee Oh well, next time.  

gemini6184

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:46 pm
That's a cute top. Considering some of the things Knitty accepts, though, I'm not really too surprised. It's probably not multicolored and gaudy enough... and it probably could have used a little more fun fur. domokun

I wouldn't take it to heart, though. You should try other magazines and stuff, and your book idea sounds cool, too. Or take the patterns to the internets on your own.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff