Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)
[GUIDE] Sacred Space and Circle Casting

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xNightmare697

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:16 pm
Hello everyone!
First off, Comments and/or questions? Please PM me instead of posting! Thank you!

Introduction:
In this class we'll be learning none other than, spells themselves. I understand that we have a Book of Shadows sub-forum here already where you can already get spells, but before we do complicated ones like those, you need to set up the right area and space to do spells. The preperations for this are going to take a few lessons (weeks) so i'll try to make it as painless and possible, so if it seems boring, please bear with me. After that, I'll post a few that you can try to do.

Very important: PLEASE pay attention to the beginning preparation things before attempting to do spells and rituals! I cannot stress this enough, this is why we are starting out with this in the first place!

EDIT
I apologize greatly! I havent been able to update this as often as I'd like to, so please bear with me, because from now on I will only be updating every other week!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:58 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

xNightmare697

xNightmare697

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:18 pm
Today's Lesson:
Creating an alter

There's actually not much to be said about creating an alter, however, it is probably best if you have one. An alter can help empower yourself or any magical work you do. Creating an alter is simple and easy, for it can be made out of anything you'd like.

An alter does not have to be a fancy table with a pentagram on it like you see in movies, let's get that straight. An alter is made up of personal, meaningful items. Items can be as simple as shells and stones, or as fancy as athames and pendants. It is best however to have a representaion of the four basic elements [earth, water, wind, fire] in your alter. What I mean by representations is, for example, instead of having a lit candle for fire, you can have a red ribbon representing fire. For air, many people use incense and feathers, for they both can represent air. For water, water is usually the easiest and best. Finally for earth, you can gather soil from a garden, stones, or even flowers. These elements empower your alter even more, so like I said before, you should have them.

Like I said, you're alter can be made up of anything, but make sure it's not cluttery, or just a mess of things you want to put to make it look cool. Everything placed on the alter should have a meaning, whether it be personal or magical, everything put on there must be given careful thought. The last thing for your alter is location. Since alters are personal, they should be put in a location where no one will mess with it. For example, if you don't mind displaying it, you can have your alter on a special table in your sacred space (or near it) so that no one can move it or mess with it. However, if your a teenager or a kid and you're afraid your parents or friends might find it/mess with it, you should keep it in a safe place until you need it. Places could be a cleaned out drawer, or in a box, but you have to make sure the place you put it in is clean, for dirt and dust attract negativity.

So this is basically it. You usually need your alter when performing work, such as rituals, meditation, or spell work. However, it is not completely needed everytime, so if you ever can't get it or anything, you should just go on without it.

So now thats it, you have your alter and sacred space, now you need to learn how to prepare to do magic!

Next Lesson: Creating a magic circle  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:24 pm
NOTE: I'm extremely sorry for anyone who keeps up with this thread, I havent been at my house for several months due to vacation, and I haven't had the time. However, I do want you to know I will be updating Around every other week, so please be patient with me.
I aprecciate anyone who reads my teachings, so please continue to do so.
Thank you

I'll be updating this thread as soon as this week, please bear with me!  

xNightmare697

xNightmare697

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:58 pm
Today’s lesson:
Creating a magic circle

A magic circle is where you want to perform rituals and spells. This method helps you focus your energy in a space where you can work freely, empowering you to with your own strength. The steps to casting a circle are pretty easy, but it requires quite a bit of concentration for it to work. You may feel awkward a bit at first, but you’ll get used to it! There are many variations to casting a circle, so this does not mean that this is the only way, you’ll learn to develop a method that helps you personally, and feels comfortable for you.

First, some things you need to know:
-Casting a circle does not mean a physical one, no need for drawing lines or using any sort of material!
-It’s spiritual, following your own energy.
-Your circle can be any size you want, from as small as just a little space around you, up to the size of your room, it all depends on what feels comfortable to you. (I suggest a bigger one though, that way there is more room to move around!)
-A circle, is a circle, although not physical, it’s still important to keep it in tact. This means, if the barrier of the circle is broken (like say you walk out without closing it) the energy it contains is reduced, but don’t worry! There are ways around this (see later in post)

Alright, so to begin, you need to focus yourself, in the middle of the circle you want to cast. At first (although you may change it with your personal taste) you start by facing north, focusing on the energy in your body. Take slow, deep breaths, and focus energy into your hand. When you’re ready, stick out your hand, and begin to move in a clockwise direction, moving towards east. Envision your hands drawing a circle while saying the passage as you move around the circle three times.

The passage is:
I conjure thee, a circle now, around which I stand,
I trace the path between the worlds, a boundary line between god and man.
Earth, Water, Fire, Air, I call upon thee,
Cleanse this space, as I seal, so mote it be.

You don’t have to say this three times, just as many times as you need to finish walking around three times.

Now, pat the ground where you ended your route, say:

As above and so below, the circle is sealed!

You’re done with the circle casting!
As I mentioned before, leaving the circle can reduce its energy level but there is a way around this. When leaving the circle temporarily, put your hands on the boundary of your circle, and ‘cut a door’ moving your hands like you would to part a curtain. After stepping out side of your circle, close back the door. When returning, open and close it up like you did before!

The circle can be used for practically anything, whether you need a place to focus your energy while meditating, performing spells, rituals, and so forth.

Have fun~!

Next lesson: Begin spells!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:28 pm
-reserved just in case!-  

xNightmare697

Rioto_Kish

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:25 pm
Uh...sorry, but is there a spell that helps with visualisation? I'm a little confused with the whole visualisation thing. I've seen spells that require you to visualise yourself filled with light, a circle filled with light, etc, and I'm a little lost. By visualise, do you mean, see it all through your own eyes, or as if you're another person staring at yourself, or another way completely?

I've tried visualising myself filled with light from both first and second person, and while I find both helpful when used together, my visualisation is very weak overall. I was wondering if there was a spell to help with this.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:09 pm
Now I get some of this stuff.  

Angel Bruja

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:17 am
Rioto_Kish
Uh...sorry, but is there a spell that helps with visualisation? I'm a little confused with the whole visualisation thing. I've seen spells that require you to visualise yourself filled with light, a circle filled with light, etc, and I'm a little lost. By visualise, do you mean, see it all through your own eyes, or as if you're another person staring at yourself, or another way completely?

I've tried visualising myself filled with light from both first and second person, and while I find both helpful when used together, my visualisation is very weak overall. I was wondering if there was a spell to help with this.
Basically visualisation is just imagining something to the point where you convince yourself that it's real. It's a standard part of most magic. I suppose it can be done either 1st or 2nd person, depending on what you find easiest/most effective.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:48 pm
Just thought I'd point out that as one alternative for representing water, you could use a shell. Heh, just noticed you didn't really have anything other than water.  

Aleria Carventus

DaleLuck1313

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:12 am
Phoenixfire Lune Soleil
Rioto_Kish

Basically visualisation is just imagining something to the point where you convince yourself that it's real. It's a standard part of most magic. I suppose it can be done either 1st or 2nd person, depending on what you find easiest/most effective.

Well that's another question answered for me. biggrin  
*~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff