Total Votes : 57

xXalkalineXx

Friendly Phantom

4,450 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:26 pm
Alright, I know there are a lot of scary movie fans out there 3nodding so if it wouldnt be too much trouble, I'd like to have some good suggestions for my little collection. I dont have many DVDs but I plan on getting lots and I only want the bloodiest. So, yea. chill out and talk shlasher movies, it doesnt get much better than that whee  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:27 am
i would like to suggest the movies Saw Saw ll The Nightmare Before Christmass Corpse Bride Edward Scissorhands The Crow The Crow City of Angels The Crow Salvation The Crow Wicked Prayer Fight Club to name a few  

grotesquekreeple

BloodyKateMary89

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:32 am
Man, you sure like The Crow a lot, don't you?

Well, if you want REAL horror, I suggest you go with something more along the lines of:

Wolf Creek (fabulous movie, BTW)
And although it isn't out on VHS or DVD yet, "The Hills Have Eyes"
The Exorcism of Emily Rose
And if you just want a subdued thriller, "Sleepy Hollow"

I'd name countless others, but I forgot my collection at my brother's house.

And in my opinion, all the best horror films were made before 1990.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:15 am
Ahem, if you want someone to recommend good horror movies, I'm the one you want.

Mind you, a horror movie doesn't have to actually scare you to be a good horror movie. A lot of people misunderstand that.

You're going to want Ginger Snaps. It's an excellent film about werewolves. There are two sequels, which I've yet to see. But this is an excellent one.

You'll surely want the classic John Carpenter's Halloween. I'll recommend the sequels, minus the third one. It's terrible. It doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Michael Myers. Very lame.

Another great one, but most likely hard to find is The Evil Within. It's a French horror film. It may also be listed under the title Baby Blood. It's an excellent movie. Just promise not to judge it by the actors, they are all hideous humans.

Another great movie is Waxwork. It's sort of like a House of Wax deal, but it's more supernatural. It's really good.

I'll also recommend Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, and Army of Darkness. They are more on the humourous side of horror, but they are great nonetheless.

Dead Alive is an excellent zombie movie. Directed by Peter Jackson, mind you.

I'll just mention this now, if you want good horror movies, you have to look at the classics and the older ones. New horror is just sad.

Sleepwalkers by Stephen King is great! And so is Pet Sematary. Oh, how I recommend that movie. It has the perfect horror movie aire to it. It's an excellent movie.

The Frighteners is really good too. It's another horror/comedy. Michael J. Fox stars in it. It's a great movie. The storyline is really good.

I have many more, but I'll just leave you with those for now for a taste. twisted

MortSanglant

teddysreallylol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:59 pm
first nightmare before christmas and corpse bride arnt sacary u can only choose ur own scary movies in my opinion  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:01 pm
Original Dracula and frankenstein are great.

Same with rocky horror picture show (even thou that isn't scary)  

Zarl

Magnetic Sex Symbol

]sarcasm[

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:31 pm
"The Hills Have Eyes" is out on DVD/VHS. the one that just came out in theaters isn't. But the old version is. The one that was just in theaters is just a remake.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:33 pm
If anyone wants to see a good movie get Cannibal Ferox its been banned everywhere but Australia and Russia... Its the most grusomest movie ive ever seen...

GO LOOK FOR THE TRAILER  

Allhaven

2on

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:27 pm
Well, by scariest, I assume you mean goriest. The problem with that however is by the time you've seen a shitload of movies then your already desensitized to violence, and nothing is considered 'scary' anymore.

There are some perfectly good horrors that arent particularly gory, but with good directing, acting etc. are quite scary (not in the former sense of the word).

I recommend like others have, you go back to the older, god fathers of horror.
Friday the thirteenth, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Prom Night, Pet Semetary, Carrie, the list goes on.

What I wouldn't recommend is that you watch all the sequels to each, unless your open minded enough not to let a crappy sequel spoil an otherwise good series of movies.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:43 pm
I'm going to have to agree with mortsanglant on a lot of those movies...

I haven't seen Waxwork or The Evil Within. But I have seen the rest, and suggest them.

Hrm..I would have to say that perhaps you should even add Jaws in.
While it's not to gory, or horrific. it's a nice movie to watch, and it lets you use your imagination about what a shark can really do.......

There is some other movie in my head right now, that I keep thinking of, but I can't remember the title.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:44 pm
Macabre_Cogitation
I'm going to have to agree with mortsanglant on a lot of those movies...

I haven't seen Waxwork or The Evil Within. But I have seen the rest, and suggest them.

Hrm..I would have to say that perhaps you should even add Jaws in.
While it's not to gory, or horrific. it's a nice movie to watch, and it lets you use your imagination about what a shark can really do.......

There is some other movie in my head right now, that I keep thinking of, but I can't remember the title.

We agree on a lot. It's because we're the masters of the North and the South.
3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:36 am
anyone seen "Saw"?  

Athiel

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:54 am
Athiel
anyone seen "Saw"?

Good movie considering it only took 18 days to film - which is three days less than it took to shoot Halloween. The acting isn't really up to par. A big let down on Cary Elwes part because he's normally a pretty decent actor. The storyline is good. It has a nice twist at the end. But I'm just noticing that's all people look for anymore in "horror" movies. If there's no twist they dont' think it's a good horror.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:26 pm
best horror movie of all time:

Stanly Kubrick's 'The Shining'

other good horror movies

Kingdom Hospital
Saw
Saw 2
Pet Cemetary
Children of the Corn
Wolf Creek

and there are some really good Twilight Zone episodes

and horror movies that offer pretty much no actual freak factor, but will make you laugh your a** off and are worth watching for that reason alone

Hostel
Blair Witch Project 2
The Grudge
The Exorcist
The Omen
House of Wax
Red Rose
Dawn of the Dead
The Ring
The Ring 2
Boogyman
Jeepers Creepers 2
Ringu
The Hills Have Eyes
The Sixth Sense
The Exorcism of Emily Rose
Freddy vs Jason
House of 1000 Corpses

and every single Friday 13th/Jason movies ever made  

_Built_to_Offend_666

King-Card

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:55 pm
I like all kinds of movies, but I like action the best especially gangster ones.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff