Reply Neopia Central
Good of both worlds Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fire_Sorceress_Me

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:53 pm
sorry to say but i never usally read the user aggrements thing untill it askes for a credit card number,
this is a post to say what is good or bad about each world
gaia-forems are more free u can curse and so on don't have to stick as close to the topic ect. there are also less report happies

neopets-cool backrounds, music, better games ect  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:17 pm
W/ neopets you have more responsibilty...You have to come in at least once a day to feed ur pets and stuff. Gaia is more open about that. Also it's easier to meet people on gaia since you don't have to be 13 to chat. Gaia seems to have a wider variety of people too.

Neopets on the other hand, has tons more games and they a better games too. Which tends to make websites successful since games are generally more entertaining.  

Harishio

magic_by_heart

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:50 am
Harishio
W/ neopets you have more responsibilty...You have to come in at least once a day to feed ur pets and stuff. Gaia is more open about that. Also it's easier to meet people on gaia since you don't have to be 13 to chat. Gaia seems to have a wider variety of people too.

Neopets on the other hand, has tons more games and they a better games too. Which tends to make websites successful since games are generally more entertaining.

You don't "HAVE" to feed your pets, if you make them bloated it lasts more xp and it's not like their gonna die if you don't *pokes all my starving pets* rolleyes And I'm 10 on neopets account and I am aloud to chat and play games and such. I only go on Gaia to talk to my friend who quit neopets and chat w/some people confused Gaia's okay, and pretty fun too. But, it will never be better then neo in my eyes. cool  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:17 pm
well magic things might change as u get older
what i really dojn't like about neopets is how they don't let u join more then one guild, I lvoe how the guilds can be more specific but u can only join one, i am in a inuyasha guild which i really love, but i want to join an card captor sakura one too  

Fire_Sorceress_Me

Cassidy Peterson
Captain

Garbage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:28 pm
Yeah, Gaia and NeoPets both have their advantages when it comes to Guilds. On Gaia you can join multiples and have subforums, but on NeoPets you can block invites and customize.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:59 am
Ai_Princess_Manga_Animae
well magic things might change as u get older
what i really dojn't like about neopets is how they don't let u join more then one guild, I lvoe how the guilds can be more specific but u can only join one, i am in a inuyasha guild which i really love, but i want to join an card captor sakura one too

Yep, thats true. But, that's why they allow you to create spare accounts on neopets. And please, call me Maddy mrgreen  

magic_by_heart

magic_by_heart

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:02 am
Cassidy Peterson
Yeah, Gaia and NeoPets both have their advantages when it comes to Guilds. On Gaia you can join multiples and have subforums, but on NeoPets you can block invites and customize.

That is true too. I like neopets for making friends and playing games and take care of pets and whatnots, but I just like Gaiaonline for chatting, if you couldn't talk to other people on Gaia I probably wouldn't be here! sweatdrop whee 3nodding mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:40 am
Cassidy Peterson

Eventually the "Block guild invites" option will be implemented on gaia too, which I can't wait since i'm tired of them spamming my PM box.

A simple counter would be to set a message in your signature or profile announcing you do not accept guild invites, but this only reduces them by very little.

Gaia just has "more" than neopets now, because it allows for (relatively) Intelligent discussion. You can use your imagination more on Gaia, on neopets you're limited to Adam's world and Doug's will (Doug Dohring is also a scientologist, apparently. not that it matters).

I'm susprised Hrobi is still at it, but I don't blame her since she is just about as famous on neo as, i don't know, Cassidy is on Gaia (Don't you make me bring up examples! XD)  

Genyusai
Crew

Muscular Shoujo

13,300 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Lucentas

Hygienic Humorist

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:44 am
Gaia Good: Avatar customization, get gold for just clicking around and posting, good way to get one's art promoted

Gaia Bad: Not as strict as Neopets about swearing and other unpleasantries

Neo Good: Fun, enjoyable site for all ages, plethora of things to do

Neo Bad: It's becoming far too commercial and it seems Dohring cares more about making the site flashy, exciting, and attractive to advertisers than listening to user feedback and making changes because the players ask for them.

All in all, I like Neopets better because there's no swearing. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:39 pm
Neopets has got more games, but the games gaia has are more realistic. Gaia is supposed to be like earth, neopets like neopia. Also, go to the games graveyard and play some of the ones that have signs on them like "RIP year three" a lot of them, like techo says, are really lame.  

Kallio

! r a w r r

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:21 pm
Gaia: It's more carefree and you can swear and getting gold is easy. Though it's easier for pervs or whatever to get access since you can talk about alot of things. Mainly for chatting in my opinion.

Neopets: Many games, cool graphics and stuff even with the new rule, not as much cussing and tigher security. Though you do have to follow whatever Adam or Doug or TNT says if you don't want to get iced. They're to concerned on flashyness and it slows down the site.

I still prefer Neopets though because that's mainly where all my friends are and I just prefer it -shrugs-

By the way my username is unendingness on neo and i'm new to this guild stressed  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:02 am
laserhamster
Neopets has got more games, but the games gaia has are more realistic. Gaia is supposed to be like earth, neopets like neopia. Also, go to the games graveyard and play some of the ones that have signs on them like "RIP year three" a lot of them, like techo says, are really lame.

Of course they're lame, that's why they're in the Game Graveyard. =b  

Lucentas

Hygienic Humorist

! r a w r r

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:39 pm
The Blue Comet
laserhamster

Of course they're lame, that's why they're in the Game Graveyard. =b

Here here 3nodding They put all the lame, old games there. When neo first came out, alot of their stuff was lame, though now i think they've made it a tad too flashy stare  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:29 am
I just realized another good point about Gaia--you can sell your art services for in-game money and items. Try that on Neopets and you'll get a one-way ticket to Freezeland.  

Lucentas

Hygienic Humorist

dolphinSYJ

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:06 pm
My thoughts about Neopets and Gaia Online:

Pros of Gaia: You don't have to keep your avvies 'full'. And it's a better place to chat.

Cons of Gaia: There aren't as many games, and the games on Neopets are more fun (in my opinion). Plus, Gaia just got a worse layout (in my opinion).

Neopian Pros: Really fun, you can grab a bunch of freebies, get random events and quests, play games, earn trophies, read an online 'newspaper (the Neopian Times)', and raise pets which have levels, stats, intelligence, health, and personalities you can make yourself. And you can paint them or zap them with 'zeh ray'.

Neopian Cons: So much advertising! And they're annoying me because you can have ONLY 4 PETS. Their games seem to cheat on me a lot these days.

If you're younger than 13 you can't chat or anything, and Neopets seems to ignore the 'parental permission forms' of some people. I had to send it in 2 times and my friend sent it 3 or 4 times and didn't get her parental permission. Even after about a year.  
Neopia Central

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff