Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
A disgrace to all women who consider themselves "rich". Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Disgraceful?
  Yes.
  Yes.
View Results

Ebania

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:26 pm
Alright, I am not rich. (At least, not compared to some people in my neighborhood). But I'm not poor.

Make sense?

Perhaps. Perhaps not.

I can't get my thoughts straight. Just seeing this post in the Chatterbox seemed to kill a few braincells of mine.

Title of thread: "i wat a rich gurl fer gf"

Some random n00b
crying crying i wat 1 cus i poor crying crying

... I'm sorry... What?

I know this isn't the worse n00b post ever, but it made me ashamed to a) have a Mercedes Benz in my driveway b) be female c) be apart of the human race.

What am I, an item? Just because I'm "rich" by someone's standards, it does not mean I can be exchanged between men (illiterate or not) like a glass of fine wine.

[/random bitching about how the world is so doomed because of lack of literacy on the planet]

xp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:40 pm
That is wrong! I am poor, I can barley afford to live where I am now. I don't want a rich boyfriend, that would be using him. I get so mad when guys by me things, I feel guilty! Wanting some one because you are financially unstable, is a horrid thing to base a relationship! Yes, I have been offended. Excuse me while I go beat that n00b.

smile  

Mia Eidenschink

lola_siannodel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:43 pm
Yes. It is.

I'm tired of people who think that they can marry a rich person (I mainly hear this from girls), and it would solve all their problems. Money can't buy happiness, or love, or anything like that. There is no guarentee he/she won't divorce you, expecialy with a rich man you married only for money, who might divorce you if you have so much as a wrinkle.

I's a sad sad world out there....  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:44 pm
Another thread that is degrading: Talk in My Thread Because You're Sexy.

stare  

Mia Eidenschink

Ebania

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:50 pm
ThexBrokenxDoll
Another thread that is degrading: Talk in My Thread Because You're Sexy.

stare

-_-

It's amazing; what the world is coming to.

@Lola: *applauds every little bit of logic and powerful reasoning in your post*

mrgreen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:01 pm
Really, if those people would take the time to learn to type properly, may be they'll eventually be able to support themselves. Of course, given the level of literacy in these posts, there doesn't seem to be much hope for them, does it?

This reminds me of a cartoon which makes fun of how marriages between old rich men and young gold-diggers are allowed, celebrities are allowed to have their publicity stunt marriages, and yet same-sex marriages "violate the sanctity of marriage".  

The MoUsY spell-checker

WellThen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:27 pm
I'm always disgusted when people do these types of things. You're often poor, because you're lazy. There are circumstances, at times, but more often than not, you don't want to work, so you get what you deserve. Or you live off ******** welfare...

But I'm ashamed to be a male from that! Honestly, find someone you're interested in, not someone who simply has money.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:28 am
The MoUsY spell-checker
Really, if those people would take the time to learn to type properly, may be they'll eventually be able to support themselves. Of course, given the level of literacy in these posts, there doesn't seem to be much hope for them, does it?

This reminds me of a cartoon which makes fun of how marriages between old rich men and young gold-diggers are allowed, celebrities are allowed to have their publicity stunt marriages, and yet same-sex marriages "violate the sanctity of marriage".

Too true.  

Ithaya

Archdemonessa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:09 pm
Okay... I'm now ashamed to live in Wildwood, Missouri, wear expensive clothing, and have money that I earn from a job, and own a Mercedes Benz for a Sweet Sixteen present. I hate people like that, I've hurt them before.

((Note that I put "I earn from a job" in bold.))  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:17 am
While I do agree this is pathetic and low, here is an interesting question.

Is this any MORE pathetic and low than a woman wanting a rich husband? The only thing a woman would be accused for this very request is a lack of ambition and honestly, this is a more common request for women than it is for men. When put in this position, men rarely complain of being treated as an object or trophy. Sadly, men expect this from women; why is this suddenly WORSE when the shoe is put on the other foot?

I am not a misogynist, but I am a realist. If women want to be treated like men, they need to change the rules of what is expected of a woman.  

Jill_Frost

Greedy Gaian

I am Jaques colon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:09 am
I'm sure they weren't serious. If they were, start up the gas chambers, but I'm sure they weren't. But the language is inexcusable. I say we start up the gas chambers anyway. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go and mow my lawn.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:32 pm
The MoUsY spell-checker

Thank you! Finaly! Someone else with enough logic to realize that!  

lola_siannodel

slightlyfoxed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:15 pm
Heh, I'm still waiting for my patron to pay me to stay at home and make stuff!

Seriously, you can have no money, but if you are relatively well-spoken, have a good sense of humor, and a nice set of manners, that's far more sexy than a wad of cash.

As an aside, it is totally normal to not have any money throughout college, at the beginning of your career, and at the beginning of your marriage. You learn to live through it.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:01 pm
Jill_Frost

Is this any MORE pathetic and low than a woman wanting a rich husband? The only thing a woman would be accused for this very request is a lack of ambition and honestly, this is a more common request for women than it is for men. When put in this position, men rarely complain of being treated as an object or trophy. Sadly, men expect this from women; why is this suddenly WORSE when the shoe is put on the other foot?

I am not a misogynist, but I am a realist. If women want to be treated like men, they need to change the rules of what is expected of a woman.

Quite true here. It's pathetic on either end. Now, I'm very much an equalitarian, and believe that men and woman deserve to be treated exactly the same. In this case, whether it's a woman or a man trying to get the rich partner, simply because they're too lazy to work, it's disgusting. It is similar to people who abuse the welfare systems so that they don't need to work even though they are capable of it. I believe that this was simply brought forward because that it was the example that was found.

Now, another problem I see in this thread. People are saying that they are ashamed of owning their expensive things after reading this? Why are you ashamed? You worked (or your parents, as the age may be) to get where you are. Don't be ashamed of what you have simply because you see some beggar who isn't willing to take those first steps to get his/her life on track.  

WellThen

lola_siannodel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:24 pm
WellThen
Jill_Frost

Quite true here. It's pathetic on either end. Now, I'm very much an equalitarian, and believe that men and woman deserve to be treated exactly the same. In this case, whether it's a woman or a man trying to get the rich partner, simply because they're too lazy to work, it's disgusting. It is similar to people who abuse the welfare systems so that they don't need to work even though they are capable of it. I believe that this was simply brought forward because that it was the example that was found.

Now, another problem I see in this thread. People are saying that they are ashamed of owning their expensive things after reading this? Why are you ashamed? You worked (or your parents, as the age may be) to get where you are. Don't be ashamed of what you have simply because you see some beggar who isn't willing to take those first steps to get his/her life on track.

Yes. Either way, marrying for money is pathetic, man or woman.  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff