Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Literature
The Pianist

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ams is a dut-nut, and this proves it.
  No! Ams is intelligent! Love yourself, Ams!
  Uh... What's "dut-nut" mean?
  You're calling yourself names again, Ams. (that shows no relevance to the poll) I know. :D
  Yes, she is. >.<
View Results

Lazarus Soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:02 pm
Warning: Ams's words may include constant typos, mainly because she is a dut-nut and makes up her own names to call herself. Also, the girl is very forgetful and, chances are, will make you laugh at her stupidity. You have been warned.

Recently, I read the book The Pianist by Wladyslaw Spilman (I think that's how you spell his name) with my class in the 8th grade. While reading it, I felt so moved emotionally and quite intrigued as to what the Holocaust was about BEYOND the Warsaw ghetto, so I studied more and more on the subject. However, I found that The Pianist provided the best insight as to what really went on, mainly because it provided one man's story as to what happened, and how he handled it. Now, other things I've read (most being from nameless papers that I had to read and books of the names that I can not remember) made it seem as if "miracles", often experianced by Wladyslaw, were what the Holocaust revolved around (at least, that's how I interpreted it) whilst The Pianist revolved around survival, human instincts, music and other things that I have forgotten. What my point is, I think that The Pianist is a wonderful book that explains many, many things that I don't want to get into in fear of this post being so long, people don't want to read it.

What I would like to hear from others is what they thought of The Pianist, if the movie based off the book was just as good, and other things that they think I would like to hear.

~AMS~  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:40 am
Oh, I didn't know that there's a book as well. confused I really must read it. I forgotten most of the storyline because my memory is just plain horrible, but I remember enjoying the movie. biggrin We studied it too in 8th grade.  

[shazz]

[shazz]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:43 am
[.]Morpheus[.]
Warning: Ams's words may include constant typos, mainly because she is a dut-nut and makes up her own names to call herself. Also, the girl is very forgetful and, chances are, will make you laugh at her stupidity. You have been warned.

rofl I bet I pawn you in forgetfulness... and stupidity. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:49 pm
Go watch the movie. It's excellent. wink  

Zealot of Insanity

ljosberinn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:37 pm
I have to admit I didn't know of the book either. I absolutely loved the movie. It's so moving, and the music.. wow. It was the first time I cried in a cinema, I think.

I'm going to have to read the book, now. And you're not a dut-nut smile

Literature

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff