Reply ~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~
What happens.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

StrangerOfTime

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:59 pm
Um, What happens at the end of Rurouni Kenshin. I would really like to know and I don't care for spoilers. You can also just ignore this topic if you want. I am just curious if Kenshin dies or him and Kaoru get married or something. Like I said before you don't have to answer me if you don't want to.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:56 pm
Spoiler in white!!! Highlight if you want to read:
I'll just say both to your questions and leave it at that. Others can elaborate if they want.  

Melody Rhyme
Vice Captain

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:57 pm
End of anime: Spoilers in white... After a filler season, there's a final episode that was never included with the anime, called the Memorial episode. Kenshin and Kaoru are married and have their son Kenji.

Endo of manga: Kenshin and Kaoru marry and have Kenji. Kenshin passes the Sakabatou on to Yahiko for his genpuku (coming of age birthday) and semi-retires from swordsmanship, though he does take up a bokken after giving up his old sword.

The OVA doesn't count as the real ending because it's nothing more than a b*****d sequel dreamed up by the idiots at Sony.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:36 pm
I have a question as well its a spoiler (sort of) so its in white too.

There's a Memorial Episode? I thought the last episode was when they visited Tomoe's grave.
sweatdrop

LustrousJade

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:28 pm
The Memorial episode is after the third season, which was never shown on TV over here. The Memorial episode was never released on DVD along with the others and must be purchased separately in the Memorial boxset.

Very difficult to obtain.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:35 pm
I wish they had the Memorial box set to rent somewhere... gonk  

ponponpon way x2

Wild Comrade

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:07 am
As do I.  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:26 pm
There are three different endings actully....

Theres the tv ending (the whole filler thiing goes off on its own weird tangent)

Then theres the OVA ending

And third and best is the manga ending!  

Sky~Samurai

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:25 pm
Yeah, thanks to Sony's crap. scream

Are there any other stories that ended up with three different endings? Doesn't Evangelion have two or three different endings?  
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:38 pm
I found the anime's ending so weird, after the last episode I felt disappointed. "Okay, that's sweet and all, but that barely passes as the ending to anything!"  

ponponpon way x2

Wild Comrade

Sephiralen

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:46 am
Shinobi 1977
As do I.
Do you know where I can buy the memorial boxset?? surprised  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:46 am
The only places that it seems to be available are Japanese auction sites such as Yahoo Auctions Japan. Good luck reading that. eek  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Enishi-san

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:14 pm
Shinobi 1977
Yeah, thanks to Sony's crap. scream

Are there any other stories that ended up with three different endings? Doesn't Evangelion have two or three different endings?

Avoid the show ending. gonk It makes no freaking sense at all. I'm still looking for the movies at my Best Buy.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:33 pm
The actual anime ending was crap. Crap crap crap. confused There was no closure at all. They didn't even move half the time.  

booyaka22

Chibibotan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:12 pm
Yea it really was horrible...and the ova just makes me sad...stick to the manga unless u find the episode...  
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games