Kaveman

Tomorrows Food

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:49 pm
Kaveman
Yeah they had a kid did you ever read the manga or wacht the new OVA

no
i may sound dumb but what's OVA?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:36 pm
This thread is a spoiler by nature, so I'll dispense with the tags.

Kenshin and Kaoru have a son named Kenji. He has Kenshin's red hair and Kaoru's blue eyes. We only see him as a toddler at the end of the manga and in Yahiko no Sakabatou and the Kaden. He prefers his mother to his father, but seems to outgrow that after the manga. There is no real indication that Kenji grows up hating his father, despite what fanon likes to say about him. Kenji grows up to be a genius swordsman and learns many HMR moves with no formal training, making him quite dangerous as he gets into his adolescent years. Ultimately, Kenji will do battle with Yahiko's son Shinya for ownership of the Sakabatou and mastery of HMR.

Your second question: OVA is original video animation. Simply, it's a movie based on an anime/manga that is released directly to DVD. There are two RuroKen OVAs, Tsuiokuhen and Seisouhen. Tsuiokuhen covers the events that Kenshin told the others about in manga volumes 19 - 21.

Seisouhen supposedly takes place after the manga. In it, Kenshin isn't able to settle down with Kaoru and ditches the dojo after giving the Sakabatou to Yahiko, travels through Asia, goes to the Sino-Japanese War and infects Kaoru with a deadly disease that he has contracted.

Seisouhen cannot be taken seriously as the ending for the RuroKen story as it was made without the input of the original author, who has stated in numerous interviews that he doesn't agree with it. Its canonicity is zero.  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Tomorrows Food

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:00 pm
Shinobi 1977

Kenshin and Kaoru have a son named Kenji. He has Kenshin's red hair and Kaoru's blue eyes. We only see him as a toddler at the end of the manga and in Yahiko no Sakabatou and the Kaden. He prefers his mother to his father, but seems to outgrow that after the manga. There is no real indication that Kenji grows up hating his father, despite what fanon likes to say about him. Kenji grows up to be a genius swordsman and learns many HMR moves with no formal training, making him quite dangerous as he gets into his adolescent years. Ultimately, Kenji will do battle with Yahiko's son Shinya for ownership of the Sakabatou and mastery of HMR.

Your second question: OVA is original video animation. Simply, it's a movie based on an anime/manga that is released directly to DVD. There are two RuroKen OVAs, Tsuiokuhen and Seisouhen. Tsuiokuhen covers the events that Kenshin told the others about in manga volumes 19 - 21.

Seisouhen supposedly takes place after the manga. In it, Kenshin isn't able to settle down with Kaoru and ditches the dojo after giving the Sakabatou to Yahiko, travels through Asia, goes to the Sino-Japanese War and infects Kaoru with a deadly disease that he has contracted.

Seisouhen cannot be taken seriously as the ending for the RuroKen story as it was made without the input of the original author, who has stated in numerous interviews that he doesn't agree with it. Its canonicity is zero.

thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:26 pm
yeah they had a kid, Kenji in the ova he's sooo cute as a baby ^^ and he's still good looking when he's a teenager, really takes after his father... he runs off to learn hiten mitsurugi but yahiko goes there to get him back so he goes back to kaoru cuz kenshin is gone on this long trip and....yeah u gotta watch the OVA, and read fanfics ^^ they're awesome  

samuraichikX

samuraichikX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:29 pm
whiteangel31
Shinobi 1977

thanks

yeah..or you could follow what he said...O.o i actually dont think i've watched Tsuikuhen, at least i dont think i remember, if you could fill me in on what it's about i might remember, but yeah i dont agree with the way Seisouhen turned out either, too sad IMO i cry every time is see it, granite i cry every time i see even a video on you tube that has a scene of kenshin and kaoru in it  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:54 pm
I have a picture of them from the manga..

User Image  

Melody Rhyme
Vice Captain

everythingisnumb3rs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:54 pm
ya uh here in the US i think they've put out like 25 mangas (i've read them all, just forgot what number they're on) and i wanna know how long i have to wait till little kenji is born. . .  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:04 pm
You get to see Kenji as a toddler at the end of volume 28, in Yahiko no Sakabatou and in Haru ni Sakura in the Kenshin Kaden.

For your viewing pleasure, screencaps of the Himura family from the lost 97th episode, the true ending of the RuroKen anime.

User Image
User Image  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

ponponpon way x2

Wild Comrade

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:32 pm
Kenji... More evil than Shishio. I found it so strange that he's their son.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:23 pm
Shinobi 1977
You get to see Kenji as a toddler at the end of volume 28, in Yahiko no Sakabatou and in Haru ni Sakura in the Kenshin Kaden.

For your viewing pleasure, screencaps of the Himura family from the lost 97th episode, the true ending of the RuroKen anime.

User Image
User Image

thankyou! but is that episode really "lost"? like can i find it on youtube? meh, i guess i'll search for it on there. ..  

everythingisnumb3rs

Lycorius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:35 pm
97, you sure 'bout that? (not that i'm sayin' you are wrong) Either that or I must say: you dvd people ruined it! there is suppose to be 97 sweet episodes, not the sad 95. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:58 pm
Lycorius
97, you sure 'bout that? (not that i'm sayin' you are wrong) Either that or I must say: you dvd people ruined it! there is suppose to be 97 sweet episodes, not the sad 95. crying

i could have sworn i counted 96, am i losing it..well i havent watched the series in a while to be honest...i should rewatch it  

samuraichikX

samuraichikX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:01 pm
anime_luver88
Shinobi 1977

User Image
User Image

thankyou! but is that episode really "lost"? like can i find it on youtube? meh, i guess i'll search for it on there. ..

there's a kenshin episode i havent seen crying crying crying freiken a i want to see the real ending of ruroken not the crappy OVA i wonder where i can find iit...  
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff