Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Naruto
  It is great but people have gone to far
  I just like it
  I'm one of those overdoing it people
  i just ignore it now
  moderator should make a sticky thread for a naruto RP and get rid of all the others
View Results

haid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:56 pm
I love "Naruto" with the bottom of my heart... But I'm sad to say it is way to far over done. I'm not going to stop watching it or being a fan. It is like DBZ I will never not like that show, GT is another story... This is more of a rant thread for people to voice there opinion of the hundreds of ninja RP's and "Naruto" Charaters being used as RP characters in other RP's.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:03 am
Really? You think so? I don't. Everyone needs an obsession every once in a while, and sometimes a fantastic anime/manga series comes and just blows people away... it's a way to relate to others and make friends, and to re-start near-dead imagination cells in your brain. Naruto is actually a healthy obsession, too... it teaches life lessons. It also gives hurting/suffering/pained people characters to relate to, to help them get through bad times. (The Naruto manga actually sprang me out of depression) I'm glad that so many people are obsessing. Better Naruto than meth, beer, and cigarettes, right? Yeah. 3nodding  

~the Love Goddess

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:50 am
I voted for option three. XD
I supporter CERTAIN types of fandom.
Cosplaying's cool, art is cool, SOME RPs are cool.
It's even okay to be utterly obsessed.

HOWEVER, fangirls... UGH.
And of course people wrapped up in the English version... UGH.

@ ~The Love Goddess:
I agree. There's pretty much a character MOST people can relate to.
In a manga, this is usually the main character.
I can say right now a lot of the girls relate to Ino. Violent bitches... >_>;
I just hate how people lie about who they relate to.

Mmkay. When I found out which character I was getting on every test, I was pissed off.
According to my results, it was the correct response. mrgreen
However, most kids get ecstatic over it.
If a Gaara person got Gaara, they're be upset and quiet about it.
If a Sasuke person got Sasuke, they'd feel indifferent, and wouldn't tell the whole world, "LOOK IM SASUKE KUN."
And the age-old result, if a Shikamaru person got Shikamaru, they wouldn't go, "HO s**t LOOK WHO I AM" and freak the ******** out.
My personal opinion is that YES, kids can relate to the characters, but more like different ones.

*clears throat*
As far as laziness goes... mad [<-- I really hate this topic. It makes me rant.]
There's different kinds. Naruto is the TYPICAL amount of lazy.
He just does what he wants. Lazy doesn't always mean innactive.
Naruto does what most kids do; avoids a lot of his responsibilities.
But kids go, "I didn't do my homework so I'm..." or, "I sleep long so I'm..."
It's like, no.
A lot of the characters have these traits. NOT just Shikamaru.
Which is why it drives me crazy when someone's all bubbly and is galavanting around screaming, "IM TEH LAZY GENIUS PRAISE ME!!"

Which leads to my next level of fustration.
Users who get Kakashi, Shino, or Shikamaru. [Yes. Again. XD]
You're NOT ALL geniuses.
Okay. You just happen to share personality traits with them.
Being a genius isn't having straight A's, always being right, or being known as, "smart."
I come from a very lucky bloodline of family members who happen to have pretty substantial IQ level.
IQ is genetic; and people consider this number is what makes one a, "genius" or not.
The asian kid at the Go tournament who beats everyone in his path; adjusting his glasses delecately as he adjusts his wrist band to be perfectly straight, is considered a genius because unlike no other, he can make extremely quick and accurate assumptions.
This is because the Intelligence Quotient is basically a number estimating how quickly, efficiently, and accurately a person can make simple to complicated calculations in their head.
So like Kakashi; when he was climbing that mountain and the panel zoomed in on his brain?
That represented an immediate calculation. MOST KIDS can't do that.
MOST. I will say I'm pretty rusty.
My uncle got most of the good genes; an IQ of around 144 or so.
WHICH IS LIKE SHIKAMARU'S 200 in real life.
200 is IMPOSSIBLE. Okay, it would be like... Maybe an ALIEN has 200.
Being at 200 would practically give the person telepathic abilities. u_u;
And as we know, Shikamaru isn't a very evolved being. neutral

Sorry for the rant. I just hate how kids go, "IM LEE!!" and they never get off their asses. >_>;
[UNLESS they have that CRAZY personality, which I don't see often. >_>]

LARGE TEXT TIME!!
My point is, there is healthy obsession and non-healthy.
The non-healthy kind is the kind where people have to LIE about s**t.
Who they are, what they like/eat/read/do, how long they've liked Naruto...

And on that subject kids tell me all the time, "Oh I've liked it for 7 years."
And I go, "Oh, it wasn't even out in America then. So what types of Naruto events were going on around that time?"
None of them can give me a straight answer because they were lying.
Or I don't even have to ask; and can already tell they're lying because they can't even read a Japanese sentence to me.
Anyone who liked Naruto that far back would have had to have been very involved with Japan to even know about it.
I have always been too involved with Japan, myself. >_>;

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:44 pm
Slight spoiler dead ahead

I really dont think it's over done... I mean. it'd be lame if there was only bad guy-orochimaru- around... The addition of the Akatsuki inc. was a good effect! It's like when Cell-the coolest bad@$$ from DBZ- was there all along! That was cool! and all good shows will be forgotten if they are not continued... look at MiB the cartoon! Static Shock! Thundercats! The golden eagel (or the mysterious city of gold or whatever, I watched it in arabic)! X-men evolution! all those good shows lay forgotten! why? because the series ended and didnt make a good comeback with a cool season!
So naruto should go on! but stop at the top of the hill (same where all DB series stopped) and not go over! not one bit! -.-;  

Reso Miso Soup

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:52 pm
Resolute Infliction

I really dont think it's over done... I mean. it'd be lame if there was only bad guy-orochimaru- around... The addition of the Akatsuki inc. was a good effect! It's like when Cell-the coolest bad@$$ from DBZ- was there all along! That was cool! and all good shows will be forgotten if they are not continued... look at MiB the cartoon! Static Shock! Thundercats! The golden eagel (or the mysterious city of gold or whatever, I watched it in arabic)! X-men evolution! all those good shows lay forgotten! why? because the series ended and didnt make a good comeback with a cool season!
So naruto should go on! but stop at the top of the hill (same where all DB series stopped) and not go over! not one bit! -.-;
The anime may, but I'm sure Kishimoto has an ending planned. 3nodding

(I ALMOST CALLED HIM SASUKE! XD)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:02 pm
Well, true... as it has been said: all good things must come to an end... *bursts into tears*  

Reso Miso Soup

~the Love Goddess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:31 pm
You make many wonderful points, Shikalee. 3nodding I agree very much so... there are people with an un-healthy obsession. ...I don't blame it on them, however. Often, when a child is spoiled, or never shown the truth/ the right paths in life to take, they end up like OMG I M A GENUS!!!111!!!! Talking sense won't help, they shall remain ignorant. But... they get to flip my burgers. So much potential is wasted...

Ugh. I hate it when people tell me that they have liked Naruto for a long time. I actually was the one who started the entire Naruto fad where I live, and it's really insulting to me when un-healthy fans say that they have liked Naruto for a long, long time.

People lying about who they are is also insulting. Uchiha Itachi wouldn't go: OMGOMGOMG LOOKSLOOKS IM ITTCHI!!!!111!! IM SO MCH BTTA THN YOUZZ!!11!!

I wish I could help these people. There should be some kind of mental institute for 'those who weren't grown up in the right way who lack common sense/knowledge of the world'.

>>...I agree... a lot of girls relate to Ino. (I'm actually female too, but... not like that.) It's kind of sad. I think we need more people like Naruto in this world.

...I also quite dislike when fans talk about wanting to have the children of Naruto characters, especially when they are sixth grade fans who haven't even read all the English manga... Eww.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:50 am
~the Love Goddess
You make many wonderful points, Shikalee. 3nodding I agree very much so... there are people with an un-healthy obsession. ...I don't blame it on them, however. Often, when a child is spoiled, or never shown the truth/ the right paths in life to take, they end up like OMG I M A GENUS!!!111!!!! Talking sense won't help, they shall remain ignorant. But... they get to flip my burgers. So much potential is wasted...
Poor people. I sometimes wish they'd open up an realized...
"Hey, I CAN be a genius if I WORK at it."
All it is is THINKING. And all that takes is a little bit of your time.
Not even... that much effort...
I don't think?

Does lower IQ make it harder to think? o_o;

~the Love Goddess
Ugh. I hate it when people tell me that they have liked Naruto for a long time. I actually was the one who started the entire Naruto fad where I live, and it's really insulting to me when un-healthy fans say that they have liked Naruto for a long, long time.
A friend told me what Naruto was when I started liking it. I however started reading it long before that in Japanese; but hardly liked it because... well... I thought Naruto was a food [which it is] so I didn't know it was a person's name. Same with like all the other names. Except Sakura. I was so damn confused. gonk
Then I learned about Hiragana and Katakana; and the difference. XD

~the Love Goddess
People lying about who they are is also insulting. Uchiha Itachi wouldn't go: OMGOMGOMG LOOKSLOOKS IM ITTCHI!!!!111!! IM SO MCH BTTA THN YOUZZ!!11!!

I wish I could help these people. There should be some kind of mental institute for 'those who weren't grown up in the right way who lack common sense/knowledge of the world'.
EXACTLY. Itachi wouldn't EVER say who he is anyway; unless in a deep, sexay manner. surprised
Lawl.

EXACTLY. MY GOD.
When I realized who I was most like, I was PISSED OFF. XD
I didn't even know who he was.
Turns out it was true.
Probably 4/5 Naruto fans [who know me in person] would say I'm too much like Shikamaru for my own good. sweatdrop

~the Love Goddess
>>...I agree... a lot of girls relate to Ino. (I'm actually female too, but... not like that.) It's kind of sad. I think we need more people like Naruto in this world.

...I also quite dislike when fans talk about wanting to have the children of Naruto characters, especially when they are sixth grade fans who haven't even read all the English manga... Eww.
You're a girl? SWEET! XD
But yeah. Naruto is a role model. A lot of the other characters have serious issues. XD

You mean have sex with them? gonk
I only giggle when adult girls fawn over Itachi or Kakashi.
"Oh Itachi's mah lova..." rofl
But besides that, they're 12 and 13. and later on 15 and 16.
STILL TOO YOUNG PEOPLE. gonk
THEY ARE UNTOUCHABLE. [Not by law, by COMMON SENSE.]

Though... *blush blush* Pengy would envy them if they were real.
But wouldn't people envy all heros?
Spiderman? Sailor Moon? GOKU for christ's sake?
Kids go, "That's not popular so I don't like it."
My three examples.
Spiderman takes a NORMAL DUDE and makes him into a hero.
Sailor Moon; a ditzy teenager; LIKE MOST GIRLS, is faced with a fate that has passed through many centuries.
DBZ. Goku goes through vigorous training to protect the earth and his family. Being as strong as he is, and as nice as he is, he is constantly pressured into fighting.

But no one sees these good sides of OTHER characters.
Because they'd MUCH RATHER join the Naruto BANDWAGON. mad

Syndactyly

haid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:44 pm
~the Love Goddess
Really? You think so? I don't. Everyone needs an obsession every once in a while, and sometimes a fantastic anime/manga series comes and just blows people away... it's a way to relate to others and make friends, and to re-start near-dead imagination cells in your brain. Naruto is actually a healthy obsession, too... it teaches life lessons. It also gives hurting/suffering/pained people characters to relate to, to help them get through bad times. (The Naruto manga actually sprang me out of depression) I'm glad that so many people are obsessing. Better Naruto than meth, beer, and cigarettes, right? Yeah. 3nodding
I like that POV see but are you wearing a headband in public buying all the merchandice... That was one of the major things that i was trying to voice i can understand if you liked it from the manga that is how i started too... but getting people away from drug lol not like that my cousin likes to watch it high so ... yeah lol  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:50 pm
Shikalee
I voted for option three. XD...
I like your rants lol but i'm a fan before it was mainstream in america is what i am i bought the manga downloaded the eps. with the fan sub on it so i have liked it for alittle over a year now i just get upset when something is really over done and do you have any suggestions for a good up and comer anime since you are so in touch lol ^_^  

haid

haid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:55 pm
Resolute Infliction

okay i see what you mean but you can't say Thunder cats are forgotten or any of those really i rmeber them all i mean look at doug remeber him lol you just have to find the right station to see the shows doug i guess is till being played on noggin or somthing like that the first couple of seasons where the best ones and just the other day i saw the thunder cat season one and two were now out of DVD never to be forgoten ^_^ That version of forgotten is really just fadding out of the mainstream because they lost there popularity or veiwers went down so the rating went down and then the funding meaning bye bye show TT__TT  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:01 pm
~the Love Goddess
You make many wonderful points, Shikalee. 3nodding I agree very much so... there are people with an un-healthy obsession. ...I don't blame it on them, however. Often, when a child is spoiled, or never ...I also quite dislike when fans talk about wanting to have the children of Naruto characters, especially when they are sixth grade fans who haven't even read all the English manga... Eww.
lol Yeah i started the Naruto fade with my friends too i mean i got kinda to the point where there obsession made me stop watching it TT__TT but then i came back lol They only person that when they do a quiz should be excited about who thye got is a naruto type person any other should just smile or get offended that they would think that they are the same ... a getting chouji situation i'm a fan threw and threw no matter what people end up doing i just don't ever want to really talk aobut naruto because people change when you bring up the anime and this is just the really bad dubbed version that they speak of  

haid

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:02 am
haid
Shikalee
I voted for option three. XD...
I like your rants lol but i'm a fan before it was mainstream in america is what i am i bought the manga downloaded the eps. with the fan sub on it so i have liked it for alittle over a year now i just get upset when something is really over done and do you have any suggestions for a good up and comer anime since you are so in touch lol ^_^
I just get upset because everyone lies about it.

I'm not pointing fingers to anyone; if not everyone but;
no one "STARTS" as fad in their town.
Chances are, someone else already was into it.
Like a boy who's family lives in Japan and sends him Jump Weekly.
None of you guys, "STARTED" anything, sad to say.
My friend told me about Naruto, but he didn't, "START" the fad.
It had already been around for a good 2 years. Widely-known in America.
Just because kids didn't know about it didn't mean business entrepenuers weren't already on Naruto's track years before anyone else knew.
No one can beat direct ties to Kishimoto.
None of these kids; meaning everyone in this guild, can say, "I KNEW ABOUT IT FIRST!!"
Because guess what?
Kishimoto and his group knew about it years before it came out.
This is how the industry works.
Not to mention the fact the few members who HAVE known about if for that long don't have to SAY it.
They don't feel the need to show it off; because it's the truth.
Just about everyone else lies about it, or is just plain stupid.
And I'd like to think none of you are stupid.

Sorry if this is changed your outlook on my rants. ^^
I speak the truth and only the truth if I take the time to type this much.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:05 am
Oh, an anime to beat Naruto?
Not at the moment. Kids are so stubbornly stuck into it at this point that I have no power over it.
See uh, Jump Magazine, and a few others, have subliminal messages in them.
Most people don't notice, but it says, "Buy Naruto!" on EVERY OTHER PAGE.
Some magazines are more descrete.
But this is the first time I've seen BRAINWASHING jump into manga.
And kids say, "I noticed and I don't buy/STEAL them for that reason!"
Guess what?
You guys don't know that.
If you knew you were being brainwashed, what would be the point of it?
"Oh, hey guys. Just bought some Naruto today because I'm being brainwashed. Cool, huh?"

Yeah right. rolleyes

Syndactyly

haid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:43 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items