Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
somepeople

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Usagi Uchiha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:40 am
I found out that some people dont know who usagi is It is terrible!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:39 am
A lot of people in North America only know her as Serena due to the English dubs.
Sad, but true.  

Junieee

8,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Clambake 200

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:49 pm
sucks that you gotta explain it to them. I didnt know Haruka and Michiru were lovers until someone in a collectables store said that fact, I enjoyed hearing the real facts and it turned me away from much American dubbing.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:04 am
Usagi/serena a mean sweatdrop  

Usagi Uchiha

KandyKittyz

250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:14 am
Hey hey! I'm Canadian! lol When ppl say Usagi i quickly ask: "Oh! You mean Sailor Moon?" yea i'm pretty obsessed w/ anything that has to do w/ Sailor Moon sweatdrop 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:15 pm
The dubbing did change some of it, like the name's of some of the characters 3nodding  

Namtastic

Lunatic

AirAce

Original Genius

28,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:36 am
Once I didn't know bt I have this thing about looking up characters I like and was " Usagi?" lol and from there I leqrned more about Sailor Moon. Could I recall how to pronoune their names? no but I really do try!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:55 am
a long time ago i would have been like "usagi? wtf?" because of the dubbed versions but then i got the japanese versions! blaugh now i'm ObSeSsEd heart  

-Vacca Foeda-

Usagi Uchiha

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:04 am
KandyKittyz
Hey hey! I'm Canadian! lol When ppl say Usagi i quickly ask: "Oh! You mean Sailor Moon?" yea i'm pretty obsessed w/ anything that has to do w/ Sailor Moon sweatdrop 3nodding
me too i mean the obsessed part want to be my friend?  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:58 pm
Back in the day, before I got a computer, I never knew that anime wasn't originally American. *somebody shoot me for my stupidity* But now I'm officially a Japanimation freak so tis all cool. Some of the names still elude me once in a while, but in the end it all works out.  

Celestialize_Lenne

Mercuryangel
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:16 pm
Yeah...stumbling across the manga was my first discovery of the changed names...I learned quickly from there.  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:47 pm
Yay internet! Now I'm all, "You know her real name is Usagi right?" Yeah, I'm pretty obsessed with Sailor Moon myself. It's easy tog et hooked on it.  

Solar Kitty-chan

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:22 am
yeah, but it's sad, since it doesn't look like Sailor Moon's gonna come back to the US any time soon, in about 5 to 10 years, future anime newbies wont have a clue what Sailor Moon is.

Just picture it, the greatest Maho Shoujo series that ever walked the earth will be forgotten...that makes me sad now..  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:54 am
I don't think most people would even recognize "Serena" as being a character from Sailormoon, much less Usagi. I think most people are vaguely familiar with the title as being an anime series, but it's certainly not a popular series now. People are forgetting about it as America is moving on to newer anime and manga series, such as Naruto and Fullmetal Alchemist.

Nerina Lyon

Fashionable Millionaire

6,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items