Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Oh, holy crap. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your reaction to seeing where that link took you was...
  "Aargh!! Nooo... Must make war. D<"
  "Wow, so there really is one!"
  "Help. I think I'm going to hyperventilate. (Did I spell that right?)"
  "I already knew about it... -bonks KoshiDoragon on the head-" Me: Ouch.
View Results

KoshiDoragon

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:14 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?guild_id=12781

I didn't know where to put this, as there was no available topic for me to correctly catagorize this in. But I just thought all of you have a right to know... maybe some of you have found this already, but to those that haven't, I warn you.  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:01 pm
Is it safe? I mean, would parents watching me over my shoulder be a bad thing if I followed the link? O_o  

Casey Stephens

Durem Duelist

Ithaya

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:04 am
XD At least some of them are literate. ^^

But I doubt most of them have the brains to follow orders, therefore nullifying their advantage of sheer numbers. Plus they'll probably end up commiting mutiny and attempting to strangle their leader (because s/he is literate).

But God help us if they invade....wherever they haven't already invaded.

EDIT: Actually...just read their 'new recruits' forum. They're really not that bad. Most of them are literate, or semi-literate, and I've already gotten used to the 'O RLY, YA RLY, NO WAI!' thing...

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:48 am
Ikonik Angel
XD At least some of them are literate. ^^

But I doubt most of them have the brains to follow orders, therefore nullifying their advantage of sheer numbers. Plus they'll probably end up commiting mutiny and attempting to strangle their leader (because s/he is literate).

But God help us if they invade....wherever they haven't already invaded.

EDIT: Actually...just read their 'new recruits' forum. They're really not that bad. Most of them are literate, or semi-literate, and I've already gotten used to the 'O RLY, YA RLY, NO WAI!' thing...
<[LITERATES ROCK; whether you like it or not heart ]>

Yeah, they're not that bad. At least their english is legible... unlike some others'. But you have to admit, the name of the guild sure is intimidating...

<[I... I'm hyperactive heart User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.]>

KoshiDoragon

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:22 am
See, my newbie guild works to train them in the ways of gaia, and how to be literate, functional people here.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?gmode=index&guild_id=2857  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:50 am
DarkElf27
See, my newbie guild works to train them in the ways of gaia, and how to be literate, functional people here.

now,]http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?gmode=index&guild_id=2857
now, there's a useful thing to have.

and Casey12347, yes, it's perfectly safe if your parents are watching over your shoulder-no nudity, profanity, gore, or anything else protective parents would disapprove of.  

Sachiko13

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:51 pm
It's not that bad. A few spelling mistakes, to be sure. But I've seen much worse.  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:17 pm
I actually think it's a joke. Honestly, the way people are posting, I don't think the people there are actually illiterate.  

WellThen

Sgt Luigi

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:27 pm
I belive my guild (Gaian Marine Corps) may have to stop the nooblets....

exclaim NEW WEAPON DISCOVERED exclaim
Literacy gun

This weapon is very effective on leetspeakers, etc.. It works by launching visible letters that form old English, such as "Yonder" and stuff like that. this erases ALL English butchering from the victim, and then they become literate.  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:16 pm
Sgt Luigi
I belive my guild (Gaian Marine Corps) may have to stop the nooblets....

exclaim NEW WEAPON DISCOVERED exclaim
Literacy gun

This weapon is very effective on leetspeakers, etc.. It works by launching visible letters that form old English, such as "Yonder" and stuff like that. this erases ALL English butchering from the victim, and then they become literate.
<[Word of the Day: temerity: Unreasonable or foolhardy contempt of danger; rashness.]>

My knowledge of old english is very limited. gonk

<[I... I'm hyperactive heart User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.]>

KoshiDoragon

Cocoon Master

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:56 pm
Dear Lord, I knew it was only a matter of time before they began to mass! Nooblets cluster together like colonial diatoms. gonk

Heh, yeah. As already stated, I think that that guild is more of a joke than anything.  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:30 pm
I agree that it's just a joke.
If not, then at least they're some-what litterate.
I doubt that they'll invade...

Though I'm not saying that the entire of Gaia isn't already infested... XD

Embers_and_Ashes

KoshiDoragon

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:15 pm
<[Word of the Day: pablum: Something (as writing or speech) that is trite, insipid, or simplistic. (Word of the Day by www.dictionary.com heart ]>

Now that I look back, I realise that perhaps I overreacted (sp?). But still, you have to say it's surprising, don't you? But one thing I am happy about the Nooblet Army guild is that they don't flame literates... and in turn, we don't flame noobs either. Which is good... right? sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:08 pm
DarkElf27

]http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?gmode=index&guild_id=2857

Wow nice idea for a guild! I hope you make Gaia a better place. biggrin  

beliael

Lou101

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:23 pm
*Wince* But one of them was using the word "broughten". I'm not a grammer genius, so I could be wrong, it is supposed to be brought isn't it?  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff