Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Personality, encouraging, and inheritance.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which is your favorite trait?
  Neat
  Outgoing
  Active
  Playful
  Nice
  ?
View Results
Emradrig rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 1 Total: 7 (2-12)

Emradrig

Aged Healer

9,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:44 pm
If you encourage a child's personality to be completely different, will they pass on their new personality when they grow up and have kids or will their old traits that they were born with be passed on?

My plan is to make a toddler with his nice at 10, and give him two grandparents. One with Neat and Active at 10, the other with Outgoing and Playful at 10. They'll encourage him until he has everything full. Hopefully he'll give those traits to his kids.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Hmm.

I don't know if that would work.

But I never get far enough to do "encouraging". neutral  

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

Zwiebelsaft!

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:22 am
i'm doubtful of that, personally since if you change your hair color in the mirror, then red hair (your new hair color) doesn't pass onto your kid, but if (s)he were to inherit your sim's hair color, then (s)he would recieve the original hair color that your sim had... sorry if i confused you, but anyways, to prove me either right or wrong download simPE and go check out your individual sim and then you can tell, or you can have 10 kids, possibly fulfill your sim's want and get the result- your choice mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:14 am
I thought that if you encouraged them to have a higher trait, it was linked to another so another would go down.... confused I know that also happens with the interests if you get them to read a book about interests, lets say sports, another interest is linked in so that one goes down...

face-_-ache

thatrockscaresme

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:59 pm
With boolProp testingcheatsenabled true, you can drag up their personality traits.

I don't remember if they pass it on though...

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:05 pm
thatrockscaresme
With boolProp testingcheatsenabled true, you can drag up their personality traits.

I don't remember if they pass it on though...
but if you have University, then you'll have to use the 'sim modder' and not click on the stats itself  

Zwiebelsaft!

Emradrig rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 6 Total: 8 (2-12)

Emradrig

Aged Healer

9,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:08 am
stressed My bloody experiment was a failure.
Neither of the elders were able to encourage the kid. What the heck went wrong? Was it because they weren't blood relatives? Was it because they were too old? Is it just some stupid glitch?

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:24 pm
Emradrig
stressed My bloody experiment was a failure.
Neither of the elders were able to encourage the kid. What the heck went wrong? Was it because they weren't blood relatives? Was it because they were too old? Is it just some stupid glitch?
nein, child, nein- toddlers cannot be encouraged, but wait for them to be a child and then it's available  

Zwiebelsaft!

Sweet_Melissad

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:32 pm
I'm not really sure, but I had a similar question. If you "dye" your Sims hair, will they pass on their natural hair color to their children, or the one that you changed it to???  
The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games