Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Your neighborhood

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever made your own neighborhood?
  Yes
  No
  I made a post apocalyptic neighborhood where no one was alive.
View Results
Emradrig rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 4 Total: 7 (2-12)

Emradrig

Aged Healer

9,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:22 am
Have you ever made your own custom neighborhood?
What was it like?
What kind of people lived there?

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:54 pm
I have a hard time keeping a neighborhood.

I'm homping I can keep the one I'm working on now.

All it has, as of now, is a pregnant teens facility. Eventually, they'll move out and build a neighborhood from them.  

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

Spoilt_lil_missy

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:54 pm
Yep, I have 2 of my own. Though I did say this in the other thread but hey, i'll repeat myself.
The first is called Arbordale and there I have my favourite Sims from Pleasantview, Strangetown and Veronaville. They're all either second generation or Uni sims or ones I've created myself. I really wanted an alien elf, so I had Stella who comes in the Strangetown University marry the eldest of the Elf boys...forgotten his name, Titania's eldest son. And after having two normal eared daughters they had a pointy eared green skinned black eyed Son...I was excited. But that is my town of aliens, elfs and humans. And probably my favourite, and so over populated that it takes forever to load.

My second neighbourhood is Ying Yang Island. Theoretically on one side we have the beautiful rich people and on the other side the ugly and poor. That's the place of my custom skins, where blue meets black meets invisible meets tiger meets cheetah meets...you get the point. I also have the Sim Me there married to Orlando Bloom with two lovely children. Which is one of the reasons I love this neighbourhood so much. But it's definitely my place of experimentation. My favourite family (other than me and Orlando) is this blue skinned, blue haired blue eyed woman married to a purple skinned, purple haired purple eyed elf man. They have 2 children. The eldest, the son, has his father's purple skin and hair but his mother's blue eyes. The daughter has her mother's blue skin and hair and her father's purple eyes.

I'm very very happy with my neighbourhoods.  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:03 pm
Yeah, I love making my own neighborhoods. They're usually just full of normal people that don't do anything special. I almost have to remind myself to have people cheat on each other once in awhile to make it more exciting and because not everyone can have a perfect life.  

Sweet_Melissad

pinapplepielady

2,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:27 pm
I just finished building and uploading a town called Sunflower Valley, which has one of those silly, cartoony, sci-fi settings that are typical in retro cartoons.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:45 pm
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

Urgh, I try, but I never end up populating it completely. I usually make new neighborhoods for new story ideas, so my characters don't show up in other stories. Problem? Once I take pictures for the first chapter I'd like to post, I lose interest in playing that neighborhood and later scuttle off to make a new one. rofl

Some themes include:
- Apocalypse challenge. I made an AWESOME university map for this one, for later on in the challenge when I unlocked college.
- Evil plantsim takes over neighborhood. I was going to start out with a plantsim who decides to take normal sims captive and force them to spray trees until they transform into plantsims themselves. She also spawned spore babies to raise to do her bidding. Never got past the first captive. ;-;
- Legacy challenges. They were all in one neighborhood, but most never made it past the first chapter's worth of pictures.
- Simvivor. I made an island map, and even two entire tribes, but I never got around to making anything actually happen.

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:04 am
I had a custom 'hood in The Sims 2 which I named Crystal Springs because I think that was the default name for the map I chose and I actually liked it. That was the one I ended up playing in the most.

In Sims 3 I downloaded CAW so that I could make my own 'hood. It's in game now but I still have a lot of homes to build and lots to finish before I actually start playing it properly.  
The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games