Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
I got one of them

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:18 pm
This isn't the worst thing but it is the fact that it was in real life that scares me.

I was in class one day and I go grab a book to read. When I get back to my seat, I see a note on my neighboring desk so, being a curious human being, I decide to read it.

It was litterally:
Quote:

1: Any plans for the weekend?
2: not really lol
1: O... Do u wanna come over to my house or something?
2: um. No thanx.
1: Y not?
2: I just feel like staying home.

It went on for the whole sheet of paper replacing some words with letters like that. The only good things I can think of are, there are worse out there, and at least they spelled any out.  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:05 pm
I've seen much worse than that.  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Dreamcaught

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:22 pm
Shinobi 1977
I've seen much worse than that.

I didn't realize this was a contest.  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:20 am
that wasnt bad at all  

SJC^Superslacker^

KoshiDoragon

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:21 pm
<[Word of the Day: pablum: Something (as writing or speech) that is trite, insipid, or simplistic. (Word of the Day by www.dictionary.com heart ]>

It wasn't too bad, and when I pass notes around, I tend to talk in "txt tlk" too. It's the only effective way to converse with friends quickly during classtime.

<[I... I'm hyperactive heart User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.]>

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:05 pm
KoshiDoragon
<[Word of the Day: pablum: Something (as writing or speech) that is trite, insipid, or simplistic. (Word of the Day by www.dictionary.com heart ]>

It wasn't too bad, and when I pass notes around, I tend to talk in "txt tlk" too. It's the only effective way to converse with friends quickly during classtime.

<[I... I'm hyperactive heart User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.]>
yeah so do I. plus it saves space. sometimes I'm passing notes on tiny pieces of scrap paper I find on the ground  

KiraLight

Acanthea Grimscythe

Beloved Lunatic

9,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:08 am
I never use "txt tlk" unless it's for be right back, and the different laughing out loud ones... NEVER! Not even on a note. I don't give a flying rats' arse what the size of the piece of paper is. *grins* I like making things harder on myself.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:23 pm
Hmm... It's understandable, at least.  

Zealot of Insanity

Nicholas Kaze

Friendly Prophet

16,625 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:53 am
It's not so bad, but the fact that it was in real life- well, allow me to just say that I understand your horror.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:41 am
It would be better if it was on, maybe, an IM or something, but the fact that people actually used it in real life makes it all the worse.  

Farrago

Proxy Codger

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces