Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Mother's Day Projects!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you forget about Mother's Day?
  ....yes :sweat:
  No, of course not!
  I plead the fifth! :ninja:
View Results

gemini6184

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:02 am
Mother's Day is the 14th people! Are you making something for your mother? If so, share!

I'm working on a cute shrug knit with Caron's Glimmer yarn for my mom - so cute heart and I've been asked to do the cake as well xd I get to try out that new Bake 'n Fill pan of mine heart  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:59 am
I'm not doing anything too special for my mom. I might knit her up some more dishclothes because she said she'd like another few and they're fast to do.  

firrantello

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:11 am
I made some bobbin lace bookmarks for my mom, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law. Since they all live 2/3 across the country from me, I aimed for something I could easily and cheaply mail.  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:27 am
im moving out the friday after, so i wanted to do something extra special to sort of ease tensions sweatdrop and my mom is hard to knit for cause she has sensitive skin so when my store got this yarn in i jumped on it.  

gemini6184

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:53 pm
I'm cleaning the house. I don't knit/crochet fast enough and i dunno what i'd make her anyways.  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:49 pm
I totally copped out and bought my mom a gift certificate to ACMoore. sweatdrop  

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

enlith

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:16 pm
I realized mothers day was coming like two weeks ago. In the midst of finals, moving, and other projects on similar deadlines, I'm crocheting dish towels. Not dishclothes, but towels. We have towels for every season and in all sorts of colors, so I thought I'd add some to the collection.  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:04 pm
Mothers day was a while ago here (UK) it's part of the run up to Easter.

I honestly can't remember what I did for mothers day. I know that I made something as I always do, but just what, I have no idea confused  

[Grendel]

wingedorange

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:13 pm
I'm graduating college two days before Mothers' Day and what with finals and going into Manhattan to do grad school stuff, it's been crazy. I'm planning on trying to finish a small cross-stitch kit (Dimensions Stone Path line; it's a watering can) that matches my mom's kitchen theme, but I bought her a nice set of new car mats (her request) in case I can't finish it. smile  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:10 pm
Peppermint Elf
dude, that's not a cop-out. when i have a kid i want that for mother's day

my mom always wants something cleaned xp and I dont have the stamina  

gemini6184

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:44 pm
I wish I had money to get some thing... I guess I'll knit her some thing with the yarn I have.
I wish I had money to buy new yarn! crying  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:48 am
gemini6184
Peppermint Elf
dude, that's not a cop-out. when i have a kid i want that for mother's day

my mom always wants something cleaned xp and I dont have the stamina
I normally can't manage to get half the cleaning done. However this year its a joint present from me -and- my brother, so he can help out. 3nodding I'm also making her a card... I need to get a picture of the verison wireless network to put on the front, then on the bottom i'm gonna put "Thats not the network i ordered..." then inside its gonna have a bunch of hott shirtless guys and say "This is the one we were supposed to get." or something like that. Then it'll have the normal "happy mothers day mommy!"  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

CassieConnors11

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:36 pm
Everyone is goign to hate me. I am truely wicked. My mother hates getting flowers. So I am going to border on the edge of being bitchy and send her potted flowers. she hates cut flowers but I figure a potted flower and she will not get so grumpy.  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:11 am
Mother's day here passed a while ago, but have any of you thought of making coupons? My brother and I used to do it a lot when we were kids. You know, make a booklet of ten coupons of things like "Walk the dog," "Vacuum the livingroom," "Breakfast in bed." That sort of thing. Then we'd draw all over them and make them pretty. They'd be redeemable at any time up until the next mother's/father's day. My parents were great and never used them, but it's the thought that counts and they make great presents for parents. 3nodding  

Pelta

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:35 pm
missmagpie
Mother's day here passed a while ago, but have any of you thought of making coupons? My brother and I used to do it a lot when we were kids. You know, make a booklet of ten coupons of things like "Walk the dog," "Vacuum the livingroom," "Breakfast in bed." That sort of thing. Then we'd draw all over them and make them pretty. They'd be redeemable at any time up until the next mother's/father's day. My parents were great and never used them, but it's the thought that counts and they make great presents for parents. 3nodding

that's so cute. xd
I think me and my older sister used to do that... gosh that was a long time ago. whee  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff