Should Luna and Neville date?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe
  Gold
View Results

evil_black_cat

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:58 am
I've got a couple questions for my fellow Harry Potter fans.

Why wasn't Harry always able to see the kestrals? He saw his mother die when he was a baby, didn't he?

Where do young wizards and witches go to school before they're eleven? They had to learn how to read and write, etc. somewhere.

So what do you think?  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:58 am
Harry didn't really see his mother die, so he couldn't see the Thestrals until Cedric died. Also, Rowling said she didn't think it was possiblt to introduce the Thestrals at the end of Goblet of Fire because of the way the book ended (being the first where the characters don't return to the station to board the Hogwarts Express, if I recall correctly) - so she says that Cedric's death hadn't really "sunk in", hence why he was able to see them at the beginning of the school term.

I'm also guessing a lot of young wizards and witches are either homeschooled, or just go to normal schools since many wizarding families still live in the Muggle world.  

Kermi

Hygienic Consumer

covo

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:12 pm
What Kermi said.  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:42 pm
Kermi
Harry didn't really see his mother die, so he couldn't see the Thestrals until Cedric died. Also, Rowling said she didn't think it was possiblt to introduce the Thestrals at the end of Goblet of Fire because of the way the book ended (being the first where the characters don't return to the station to board the Hogwarts Express, if I recall correctly) - so she says that Cedric's death hadn't really "sunk in", hence why he was able to see them at the beginning of the school term.

I'm also guessing a lot of young wizards and witches are either homeschooled, or just go to normal schools since many wizarding families still live in the Muggle world.

Erm... you stole my speech!!! How could you ?!? Just jesting, I agree with you.

[ Liquid Fantasy ]

LeighMae

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:41 pm
I like your thoughts. I was thinking somewere along the lines of that. Good questions, and good anwsers.  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:58 am
kermi is right  

[Hollow Point]

evil_black_cat

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:58 am
HHmmm...  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:44 pm
Well Harry might've not seen his mother die when Voldemort killed her. He was probably under the blanket or something. He only heard her scream. That's what he said to Ron and Hermione when a dementor is near him.  

MochaCreme

[.Chipped.Not.Broken.]

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:50 pm
evil_black_cat

Why wasn't Harry always able to see the kestrals? He saw his mother die when he was a baby, didn't he?
I Thought about that but he was a baby and probibly only heard her scream.
Where do young wizards and witches go to school before they're eleven? They had to learn how to read and write, etc. somewhere.
Yah I have wondered about that.. Maybe they go to muggle schools because do you remember in the begining of year none of them knew any spells(except hermine)
Also I remember somwhere in the book Hermine refered to something that sounded like a different(more harry Potter) way of saying math. They just dont really mention them because there not as intresting as a Potions Class smile

So what do you think?

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:21 pm
What Kermi said.

And we know Harry at the very least went to a normal school. Remember the uniform ordeal?

Spastic waffles

~rubyblue~

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 pm
evil_black_cat

So what do you think?

1st question: well, its thestrals, and he probably can't see them because he either was too young or didnt actually see his mother die clearly. he was in his crib...but thats just my guess

2nd question: i think some can go to muggle schools (not sure) or they just learn at home.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:32 pm
I just realized the the diary in 2nd movie was a hornox  

[ Liquid Fantasy ]

Kermi

Hygienic Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:48 pm
[ Liquid Fantasy ]
I just realized the the diary in 2nd movie was a hornox
Horcrux, you mean? Dumbledore tells Harry outright that the diary he destroyed was a horcrux - Tom Riddle's first Horcrux, I believe ^__^;
Did you only just read the Half-Blood Prince?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:02 pm
Mmmn... good question, two weirdos, interesting!  

Heaven Edge

im2cool4skool

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:16 pm
jk rowling stated that he didnt see the death of his parents, but he was in his cot at the time. all he remembers was the flash of green light. since he saw cedric's death, he could finally see them. oh, and its a thestral.  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff