Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:46 pm
This is some awesome news.

Here is the source of the following:

Size

Approximately the size of three stacked DVD cases, Wii's elegant design makes it an inviting addition to your entertainment setup without monopolizing it. Thanks to the Wii Remote, you're given more freedom to place the console where it best suits your lifestyle.

Features

Controls: Intuitive control for anyone using the physical motion of the main Wii Remote, which resembles a television remote control. Up to four Wii Remotes can be connected at once using wireless Bluetooth technology. The wireless signal can be detected within 10 meters of the console. Both the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers include a three-axis motion sensor. The Wii Remote also includes a speaker, rumble feature and expansion port, and can be used as a pointer within 5 meters of the screen. The Wii Remote has a power switch, plus pad, A, B, Minus, Home, 1 and 2 buttons. The Nunchuk controller includes an analog control stick and C and Z buttons.

The Look: Wii features a compact design that will make it a natural addition to any television setup. It can be displayed either vertically or horizontally.

Media: A single self-loading media bay will play single- or double-layered 12-centimeter optical discs for Wii, as well as 8-centimeter Nintendo GameCube discs.

Communication: Wii can communicate with the Internet even when the power is turned off. This WiiConnect24 service delivers a new surprise or game update, even if users do not play with Wii. Users can connect wirelessly using IEEE 802.11b/g, or with a USB 2.0 LAN adaptor. Wii also can communicate wirelessly with Nintendo DS.

Virtual Console: Wii will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). The Virtual Console also will feature a "best of" selection from Sega Genesis titles and games from the TurboGrafx console (a system jointly developed by NEC and Hudson). It also will be home to new games conceived by indie developers whose creativity is larger than their budgets.

The Specs: Wii boasts 512 megabytes of internal flash memory, two USB 2.0 ports and built-in Wi-Fi capability. A bay for an SD memory card will let players expand the internal flash memory. Design was optimized with state-of-the-art processing technologies that minimize power consumption, keep the console compact and enable the "sleepless" WiiConnect24 mode.

CPU: PowerPC CPU (code-named "Broadway"). Made with a 90 nm SOI CMOS process, jointly developed with and manufactured by IBM.

Graphics Processing Unit: Being developed with ATI.

Other Features: Four ports for classic Nintendo GameCube controllers. Two slots for Nintendo GameCube Memory Cards. An AV Multi-output port for component, composite or S-video.  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:00 am
Source

Somebody pinch me. Maybe it's because I haven't had dinner yet, but I'm feeling a bit woozy after watching the global premiere of a new trailer for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Shigeru Miyamoto and Smash Bros. creator Mr. Sakurai unveiled the trailer at a special media event held by Nintendo on Wednesday night.

If you thought this had turned out to be a Smash-free E3, you were wrong. We were ALL wrong! The Super Smash Bros. Brawl movie showed Kirby, Mario, Link, and Samus battling it out, and it also introduced FIVE new characters:

Meta Knight (from the Kirby game franchise)

Pit (from Kid Icarus, seen now for the first time in full 3D)

Zero Suit Samus (Ooh la la)

Snake (from the Metal Gear Solid series)

Video highlights include Cook Kirby stewing Mario in a boiling kettle, an atomic flatulence from Wario, a Nintendog pawing the screen (it was unclear what role the Nintendog will play in the game), and Snake performing reconnaissance in a cardboard item box.

The addition of Snake confirms that the doors have been opened for third-party characters to join the fight, although Mr. Sakurai stated that no other non-Nintendo characters have been officially confirmed.

A Q&A session followed the video release, and we'll be posting the full transcript here on Thursday. Mr. Sakurai also announced that he will be launching a website about Super Smash Bros. Brawl very soon at www.SmashBros.com. Called Super Smash Bros. Dojo, the site will feature the video shown at the event along with lots of other great updates.

Stay tuned for more information!

My Side Notes:
In fact...Just found... must watch! Here's the home site. Enjoy ^_^

Of final note...SAMUS ARAN IN NO SUIT!!  

Edymion
Captain

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:31 am
My source is here for all you who want to see the original format I pulled this from! Oh! In case you want a synopsis, most of the games on this list are third-parties, and there are even some franchises that have never seen a Nintendo console, before!

Title/Genre/Release Date

Super Smash Bros. Brawl/3D Fighting/2007
Red Steel/Action/TBA
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption/Sci-Fi First-Person Shooter/TBA
Super Mario Galaxy (working title)/3D Platformer/TBA
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess/Fantasy Action Adventure/Q4 2006
Madden NFL 07/Football Sim/TBA
Wii Sports/Sports/Q4 2006
Excite Truck/Racing/TBA
Project H.A.M.M.E.R./Beat-'Em-Up/TBA
WarioWare: Smooth Moves/Party Game/TBA
Resident Evil (working title)/Horror Action Adventure/TBA
Elebits/3D Platformer/TBA
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors/Role-Playing/Q4 2006
Sonic Wild Fire (working title)/Action/TBA
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam/Skating/Q4 2006
Trauma Center: Second Opinion/Simulation/TBA
Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers/Action Role-Playing/TBA
The Ant Bully/3D Platformer/November 2006
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance /Action Role-Playing/Q4 2006
Disaster: Day of Crisis/Action/TBA
Bomberman Land/Action/TBA
Rayman Raving Rabbids/3D Platformer/Q4 2006
Open Season/3D Platformer/Sep 12, 2006
Necro-Nesia/Horror Action Adventure/TBA
Shooting Tech Demo/Light Gun Shooter/TBA
Fire Emblem (working title)/Role-Playing/TBA
One Piece Unlimited Adventure/Action/TBD
Final Furlong/Alt. Sports/TBA
Disney's Meet the Robinsons/Sci-Fi Action Adventure/2007
Happy Feet/Adventure/November 2006
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2/3D Fighting/TBA
Call of Duty 3/Historic First-Person Shooter/Q4 2006
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz/Party Game/Q4 2006
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab/3D Platformer/Q3 2006
Avatar: The Last Airbender/Fantasy Action Adventure/Q4 2006
Flight Game (working title)/Jet Sim/TBA
Disney's Chicken Little: Ace in Action/3D Platformer/Q4 2006
Sadness/Historic Action Adventure/TBA
Bob Ross Painting (working title)/Edutainment/TBA
Bonk's Adventure/2D Platformer/Q4 2006
Cars/Mission-based Driving/Q4 2006
Harvest Moon/Action/TBD
Donkey Kong (working title)/3D Platformer/TBA
SD Gundam G Breaker/Mech Sim/TBA
Metal Slug Anthology/Shoot-'Em-Up/Q4 2006
Digimon/Action/TBD
Super Swing Golf Pangya/Golf Sim/TBA
Jawa/Action/TBA (JP)
Heroes/Action/TBD
Medal of Honor: Airborne/Historic First-Person Shooter/Q1 2007  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:33 pm
Ya know I love ya when I'm doing this much copy&paste work whee here's some info for all you horror fans!

The Capcom folks are a sneaky bunch. Just last week I ask a good friend of mine in their PR department, "Come on, I'm your buddy, your pal, your friend. Who loves ya? So, um, are you guys going to announce Resident Evil for the Wii? I mean, it's the perfect system."

"Well, Matt, sorry to say, we have no Wii announcements at E3 this year."

Of course, that's what my Capcom friend had to say. That's her job and damn if she didn't do it well.

When I saw the Resident Evil press release this morning, naturally I was stunned/elated/near fainting.

"So it's going to be an original Resident Evil title. But what does it mean, Andy, what does it mean?," I asked my fellow producer.

"It means... we wait," he replied darkly. Thank you, Mr. Shakespeare.

No screenshots. No video. No other info. Yes, alas, we must wait, engulfed in a mystery that will no doubt continue into 2007.

Speculation

We heard it yesterday on the E3 show floor from many -- the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controller have transformed Madden Football. The reaction to Resident Evil Wii may be similar. The controls could make the Resident Evil experience wholly original.

How will the game be expressed on the Wii? With Red Steel and Metroid Prime 3 we've caught a glimpse of what the FPS genre will be like, but if the success of Resident Evil 4 is any indication, it may suit Capcom to produce Wii RE using an over-the-shoulder perspective. The obvious sweet spot will be weapons usage, but if Capcom fully utilizes the controls they're sure to think up totally new approaches to such genre standards as a beast leaping out of a dark dooway. The Wii remote could also be used any number of ways -- a steering wheel or flashlight, for example (pretty much no brainers to be sure).  

Edymion
Captain

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:41 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:42 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Edymion
Captain

linkinparkfan#7

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:29 pm
i am realy happy to see all the positive things that people said about the Wii. i am realy surprised about all the things nintendo incorperated in theis new system. I cant wait to get 1 for my self this november. mrgreen mrgreen biggrin biggrin surprised surprised  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:21 am
Did they confirm an actual launch day? I thought they just said that it'd be out in the last quarter of 2006. question  

_CFTM
Crew

Kitterfox

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:55 pm
Whenever it's out, I'm getting one! I wanna see how early one can be pre ordered....  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:27 pm
I think you can pre-order one now. I think you need to put down at least $15 to pre-order... unless I'm mixing that up with the DS Lite sweatdrop  

_CFTM
Crew

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:42 pm
The Wii/Revolution will probably require a $50 deposit... Unfortunately, most retailers are not taking reservations just yet.  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:56 pm
Gosh, I better start saving the Wii is going to be awesome and Meta Knight in super smash brawl sounds interesting I wonder how his sword will work...  

THE CAKE IZ A LIE

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:16 am
Ya xd You better wink I'm gonna buy it even if I have to go broke! mad  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:03 pm
Good news, I know the Wii will be the least expensive console out there in comparison to the PS3 and Xbox 360 they said [Nintendo] that it will most likely be under $250 and it will be really nice to see the BlueTooth technology and the new controlloers...those are the future of gaming  

THE CAKE IZ A LIE

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:19 am
Speculation is pointing closer to $200 blaugh We'll know August 24, at the official release of launch information ^_^  
Wii Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff