Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Death Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do your views on Death's form coincide with my own?
  Yes
  No
  Haven't ever thought much on it
View Results

NeoApollyon

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:59 pm
Death, if given a physical form, would not be a Grim Reaper, or even something you might take as dark or evil at first sight. I view Death as a tall, well built man, with long jet black hair done up in a ponytail . His eyes would be emerald green, with a handsome face. He would be dressed in a soft cotton shirt, long sleeved, like the Musketeer shirts, with a black vest over it. He would also wear black pants to match the vest and black, soft leather boots. In his eyes he would have a gleeful look, a man who takes a pleasure in his work. Not dark, perverse pleasure, but a welcoming kind. He would come to you as a gentleman, curteous and mannerly, after all, who could understand the crisis of death more than he? He would lead you to your afterlife gently, but would not let you steer from the course. Even so, cold would emanate from his person, a reminder of his duties to those who are not yet ready to die. Forever patient and caring though, in my mind. My view on Death is probably radically different from others. I would like to hear your view on it.  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:05 pm
I dont personify or think spiritual entities have a conciousness in the way we observe them to.

E=MC^2

To be honest, I believe in reincarnation, because I believe souls have mass, and that they are recycled and renewed.  

Demi Veritaz

nayasumei

Tipsy Tipper

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:30 pm
I IMAGINE DEATH AS A DARK TALL MAN. ALWAYS HIDING HIS FACE, AND YET SO KIND. I DONT FEAR DEATH LIKE OTHERS, I WELCOME DEATH AS MUCH AS HE WELCOMES ME.  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:38 pm
demonicgoddessnaya-sen
I IMAGINE DEATH AS A DARK TALL MAN. ALWAYS HIDING HIS FACE, AND YET SO KIND. I DONT FEAR DEATH LIKE OTHERS, I WELCOME DEATH AS MUCH AS HE WELCOMES ME.

you, turn off your caps lock, considering i'm in a bad mood tonight consider this your warning.

Death, for me is the old woman of celtic lore, the death crone. either that or Anubis, or the reaper, considering none of them hold any sense of evil or horror for me.  

Dr_lecter1988
Crew

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:32 am
Woah, the doctor is in a bad mood? That is a bit new.  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:04 am
Death. Hmm, when I think of death I imagine somebody with no compassion for others, for he has lost it long ago. He has no need of others, for he knows someday they will be gone. He has no kindness for he has no need of it. Do not fear death for doing his job.
That is if I believed in death anyway.

Lord Blade Icestorm

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:19 am
I agree with you, Feafaroth. I can see your point.

I've never really considered death to be such a horrible aspect in life either. The problem with modern society is that people avoid discussing death and it makes them afraid of it, so they think some horrible monster should be the one to deliver your ending moment.

-sigh- Hrm.....maybe I should stop watching the Many Faces of Death....  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:20 pm
the one thing that stinks is that everyone wants to go to heaven yet no one wants to die.  

The Reused

lola_siannodel

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:46 pm
I haven't thought of his true phisical form, but oh well.

I see death more like....How should I put this.....Well, he's not evil, nor is he good. He accepts all kinds, poor, rich, young, old, so long as it is their time. He (or perhaps a she?) I usualy see as more of a judge, with no favoritism or hatred clouding his veiw. It's your time, he does his job and collects your soul, and delivers you to the afterlife.

Death doesn't particularly appeal me or scare me. I do think suicidal thoughs sometimes when I'm very depressed, but it's not that death seems like an excape, but more like there is no point to being alive, so why not? I usualy snap out of it, though.

@ ilovegir11357, Well, the thing about that is that people don't want to die, but because it's inevitable (sp?), when the times comes, one would want to go to a paridice, like heaven. I, personaly, don't care too much about it. I mean, anything is beter than rotting in a hole in the ground for all eternity. Now, I may be looking at hell a bit lightly, seeing as how I never had a fear of it preached to me, but at least that's something. To be honest, I would prefer the idea of rencarnation. At least I can experience something, and it isn't some paradice with no risks and no fun, or some firey fate, or a hole in the ground. Besides, why think about death, any way? I'm one of those people who like to do what they want and see what happens. When death comes, it comes. Maybe I just live too much in the 'now', or perhaps I'm being careless and even some level of rebelious, but that's just how I look at death.  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:48 pm
I don't fear death.
I never have.

But I don't think of death having any bodily form. To be honest I find that thought ridiculous.

Death is the closing seal on your shipment to the other side. Death is the one thing everyone can depend on because it's inevitable. No matter how advanced we become, we'll never overcome death. And that's what makes death the beautiful occurrance that it is.

MortSanglant

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:59 pm
mortsanglant
I don't fear death.
I never have.

But I don't think of death having any bodily form. To be honest I find that thought ridiculous.

Death is the closing seal on your shipment to the other side. Death is the one thing everyone can depend on because it's inevitable. No matter how advanced we become, we'll never overcome death. And that's what makes death the beautiful occurrance that it is.

While true immortality may never be achieved, humans will find a way to conquer death for many years. The need and want of life will cause for the creation of life enhancements that cheat death. In the end, I believe the only thing that will be able to kill man is man.
-cries- I wonder what Death would do if it had to file for unemployment....  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:20 pm
Macabre_Cogitation
mortsanglant
I don't fear death.
I never have.

While true immortality may never be achieved, humans will find a way to conquer death for many years. The need and want of life will cause for the creation of life enhancements that cheat death. In the end, I believe the only thing that will be able to kill man is man.

If these advancements occur, I will not support them. Death is what gives us meaning.  

MortSanglant

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:04 pm
mortsanglant
Macabre_Cogitation
mortsanglant
I don't fear death.
I never have.

If these advancements occur, I will not support them. Death is what gives us meaning.

Neither would I.
I would be part of the opposing forces attempting to destroy the materials for such thoughts.  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:10 pm
Death probably doesn't even have a visual form, it's probably an invisible being that brings death to someone. In other words I don't believe in a spirit that brings death to someone.  

Beatngufan

XGambit

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:52 pm
Death, the tragic hero, born to take life for eternity, a gentle spirit who guides us onto the eternal place. All passion lost as he must forever take our lives and cause sadness and yet teach us so much. In my opinion, physical existence ornot, death is a great teacher and hero for reminding us of reality and mortality.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff