Submit

Allerisse

Fashionable Genius

7,400 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:40 pm
Do you like the house-elves? I generally like them, but I also find them a tad bit annoying. Dobby's okay, but he was really a pain in the butt in book 2. Winky's always sobbing about something, and Kreacher's a disgusting little toerag. (although he IS funny!)

Discuss the house-elves here! Are you okay with them? Would you like one to be of service for you? Do you find them creepy?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:53 pm
I like house-elves, although we haven't seen a great example of one yet. I mean, Dobby is a rebel, Winky is emotionally disturbed, and Kreacher is a horrible little sneak! So... Judging from those three, I wouldn't like them, but looking at house-elves as a whole, then yes, I do like them. I wouldn't mind having one, actually... He/she would be nice to talk to, if he/she could get over the "I'm not worthy!" complex, hehe. blaugh 3nodding  

Magenta Platypus

NotorietyJames

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:58 am
I dont know if i LIKE house elves, but I definitely think they play an important role in the books. House elves are always twisting things up and around and making everything interesting. You never know what theyre going to do  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:47 am
wOoT!!!! FiRsT pAgE!!!

House-elves!!! winky was plain annoying!! dont like kreacher!! but i think i have a rather soft spot for dobby!!! i mean he is kinda kool!! u no!!! i dont really like the concept of house elves though cuz it is like slavery u no!!! and u can abuse them and stuff which is wrong!! but like Kari Seregon said, they would be fint o spend ure time with if u dint have anyone else!! of course, they have to lose thier complex first!!!  

shruti_frutie

covo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:12 pm
I hate all the House Elves except Dobby.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:28 am
I actually really enjoy the house elves, and wouldn't mind having one work for me at all! I also really love seeing the correlations between the house elves, the brownies of Welsh/English fairy lore.

For those who don't know, brownies were a type of fairy that stood a couple of feet tall (the idea of tiny fairies didn't come in until the Victorian era) who lived with one particular family. They would help out around the house if a little bit of bread and milk was left out for them, and they loved to have the family gossip whispered up the chimney for them. They would become horribly offended if they were ever thanked, and they were simply doing their job, and if they were given clothes, they would become so offended they would leave and never return. 3nodding

The Bookwyrm

FayeKasumiValentine1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:42 pm
The house elves, we haven't seen a vast majority to know how a lot of them think. I like Dobby, he's funny and I think he likes working just not when he's being kicked and shoved. Winky, I feel sorry for her really. She's been brainwashed in a way and she feels her life is nothing if she's not serving the Crouches. Very sad, I feel all in all Hermione's right and they are should be paid for their work. And who didn't hate Kreacher, he was as dark as the Blacks (besides Sirius).  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:17 pm
I love Dobby. I hate when he hurts himself. I agree he does whine a lot. I hate Kreacher. Is he the reason Sirius died?  

ceebee skank

TheLostOne42

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:16 pm
they are awesome  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:24 pm
I heart Dobby. He's simply the best. I also think house-elves add a bit more to the story in sub-plots along with the main one. It just wouldn't be the same without them!  

EmsMercury

queeneb

Quotable Phantom

5,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:13 am
haven't met one i have liked except dobby...though he can cause a lot of trouble! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:22 am
I think having a house elf would be great because I have a lot of little things I have to do all the time but I never feel like doing it yet I really want it done. I would be nice to mine though. That way it will stay out of love than fear. 3nodding  

SHOEBACCA

SmartCookie1800

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:43 pm
I like house elves alot for the most part. I mean obviously if they serve a bad family they'll probably turn out bad, like Kreacher, but I think all in all they're really awesome. I mean I'd be with Hermione full on if I thought they were unhappy, definitely would think we should set them free. But since they ARE happy Im all for it. Though some of them CAN be kinda annoying, you're right.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:15 pm
i like house elves. i think theyre cute. i even like kreacher. kinda anyways. ^_^ i =m glad that they've played somewhat of a big role in the books  

mystikdreamer

Mystical Dreamer

13,675 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Frozen Solid 200

ThirtyOne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:47 am
Allerisse
Do you like the house-elves? I generally like them, but I also find them a tad bit annoying. Dobby's okay, but he was really a pain in the butt in book 2. Winky's always sobbing about something, and Kreacher's a disgusting little toerag. (although he IS funny!)

Discuss the house-elves here! Are you okay with them? Would you like one to be of service for you? Do you find them creepy?

Yes, dobby is quite noying in second book but he's cool in the others. Winky is a bit weird, I can't say I really like her.
and......I hate kreacher!!!! mrgreen  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces