Submit

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:10 am
Hi! I have been interested in Paganism and the occult since I can remember, but I'm still kinda new to it. I recently discovered this term "otherkin", and my interest was perked. I have never felt wholy human; of course, I'm human, I mean, I can look in the mirror and see that. But it's just there's always been some nagging feeling deep down inside that I'm diffrent. I have been looking on the internet for good links about otherkin, but there is so much crap to sort through. I was wondering if anyone could give me a link or some information on them? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:18 pm
I've always found Otherkin.net to be a nice source of information. Of course, most of what I know has come from independent sources... ^^;  

Nicky McCloud

MOD66

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:15 pm
mouseyanna
Hi! I have been interested in Paganism and the occult since I can remember, but I'm still kinda new to it. I recently discovered this term "otherkin", and my interest was perked. I have never felt wholy human; of course, I'm human, I mean, I can look in the mirror and see that. But it's just there's always been some nagging feeling deep down inside that I'm diffrent. I have been looking on the internet for good links about otherkin, but there is so much crap to sort through. I was wondering if anyone could give me a link or some information on them? sweatdrop
i belive i am an other kin of a Vampire, i discribed this in the "So I'm Not Human" Thread  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:38 pm
It is an interesting (and debated) topic. My personal perception is that souls are all essentially the same; the only time that they actually differ is when they are occupying a form or when one is discussing what experience the soul has gained. So, my feelings are that when one feels "out of place" or "different" in the otherkin sense, it is due to very strong experiences from a soul's previous form. Why these experiences would be causing such sensations probably ranges from individual to individual.

However, a soul must ultimately remember that its current form was chosen for a reason. Therefore, it is essentially immature (and possibly selfish) to shun one's current form; rather, it should be embraced for the new perspective and opportunities it brings. Especially with the experience of having other experiences/sensations of another form and learning how to respond/"deal" with them.

With that said, I do not see Otherkin as really "others". Just individuals retaining some interesting experiences from past lives.

Note: My view was formed with the insight and assitance of Nihl and other in the GD's Witchcraft thread during an otherkin disucssion.  

Jameta
Captain

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:05 pm
Thank you all and i have always strongly believed im who i am for a reason.  
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:50 am
Jameta
It is an interesting (and debated) topic. My personal perception is that souls are all essentially the same; the only time that they actually differ is when they are occupying a form or when one is discussing what experience the soul has gained. So, my feelings are that when one feels "out of place" or "different" in the otherkin sense, it is due to very strong experiences from a soul's previous form. Why these experiences would be causing such sensations probably ranges from individual to individual.

However, a soul must ultimately remember that its current form was chosen for a reason. Therefore, it is essentially immature (and possibly selfish) to shun one's current form; rather, it should be embraced for the new perspective and opportunities it brings. Especially with the experience of having other experiences/sensations of another form and learning how to respond/"deal" with them.

With that said, I do not see Otherkin as really "others". Just individuals retaining some interesting experiences from past lives.

Note: My view was formed with the insight and assitance of Nihl and other in the GD's Witchcraft thread during an otherkin disucssion.
heart

I've also wondered if it was not really that of a past life, where the person was X animal, but merely their human lives held major elements or associations that would unconsciously remind them of X animal. Thus "I was sly as a fox in my past life" becomes "I was a fox in my past life".  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

MOD66

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:51 am
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta

heart

I've also wondered if it was not really that of a past life, where the person was X animal, but merely their human lives held major elements or associations that would unconsciously remind them of X animal. Thus "I was sly as a fox in my past life" becomes "I was a fox in my past life".
ah that makes sence so maybe i was a "Vampire" as in i feed off people and they did not like it kinda a Psy vamp  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:26 am
If you believe you are a type of animal (ie werewolf) try the term therionthrope if vampire try sanguinarium.org or sanguinarius.org both are sites i frequent often or just google the term sanguinarian or psy-vamp. there are also a few books on the subject
the Psychic Vampire Codex
Nocturne Witchcraft hints on it
and even How to Protect agaisnt Psychic Vampires is a book i think everyone ought to read even psychich vampires.  

WickedDecember

Dapper Dabbler

4,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:29 am
Huh... I must have missed this topic back when it was originally posted. I share a similar sentiment to Jameta, so I don't put much faith in the concept of otherkin. A soul is a soul is a soul. The essence within all things is something I feel unites all things together and only takes on differentiation when it is housed in something or takes on a particular configuration. Strongly identifying with an animal doesn't mean you were once that creature... you definately have some kind of soul link with that essence, but it doesn't automatically mean you're otherkin. Guess it has to be evaluated on a case by case basis.  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Starlock
Huh... I must have missed this topic back when it was originally posted. I share a similar sentiment to Jameta, so I don't put much faith in the concept of otherkin. A soul is a soul is a soul. The essence within all things is something I feel unites all things together and only takes on differentiation when it is housed in something or takes on a particular configuration. Strongly identifying with an animal doesn't mean you were once that creature... you definately have some kind of soul link with that essence, but it doesn't automatically mean you're otherkin. Guess it has to be evaluated on a case by case basis.

I pretty much agree here.

It kind of reminds me of the nature of being a transgendered person. I am. I'm a guy in a girls body. sweatdrop But in this case there is a biological basis. I was really amazed when scientists found that there were actually differences in the brain structure and chemical makeup of transgendered individuals. I don't really think that otherkin have the physical chemicals or make-up of another animal, however. I figure that only applies to transgendered humans. But I think for them it's more of an individual thing. Some may feel that they were X creature in a previous life. Some may feel that they simply have a strong spiritual connection to that creature. Maybe even a bit of both.

I have a strong connection to a few different animals. When I feel weak and helpless it helps to call on and envision myself as a wolf or tiger. Sometimes it helps filter out fears and thoughts that I don't need, and return the mind to a more basic ( although not less intelligent! ) state.

The Viscount

Liberal Sex Symbol

5,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

decembermoon23

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:25 pm
our coven is a "Otherkin" coven so to speak.. we draw all the lost souls... ^_^

I myself have discoverd that what we think of as a past life... i was a b*****d child of two mythical creatures.. a sphinx and a Faery... I am VERY cat like and VERY flighty... a fun combo I must say... my otherkin body would look like a human with faery wings and a cats tail... i had no cat ears.. crying

It's a very touchy subject and your best bet would be to talk to people in the otherkin community to help better understand what you may be, if at all otherkin.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:25 pm
When you say "otherkin body" would you mean astral form?  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Guitarhero356

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:02 pm
Ay, i'm an angel spirit though I may not always act how people expect me to, The best thing I can say is say to yourself,

So'lai manahk'tasha elehk'ta mahk'tasha yamana!

Translated into english:
Bring forth the power within.

The tongue is that of the ancient grigori, but say that to yourself a few times in the grigori tongue and if there is anything otherkin about you that should help it awaken. Oh, on a side note, that chant can also charge shields when you touch stuff while saying it as well, so be sure you know what you're doing. say it fast.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:27 pm
Guitarhero356
Ay, i'm an angel spirit though I may not always act how people expect me to, The best thing I can say is say to yourself,

Translated into english:

The tongue is that of the ancient grigori, but say that to yourself a few times in the grigori tongue and if there is anything otherkin about you that should help it awaken. Oh, on a side note, that chant can also charge shields when you touch stuff while saying it as well, so be sure you know what you're doing. say it fast.

That'll take a couple tries to get it anywhere near fast....  

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200

Guitarhero356

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:42 pm
Azana Brown
Guitarhero356

Translated into english:

That'll take a couple tries to get it anywhere near fast....
Well, practice makes perfect. It's nothing too powerful but it works.  
S.P.A.M. : Spacious Pocket of Absolute Miscellaneous-ness

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff