Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Corded reproduction corset (image heavy) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should I make another one in pale gray glove suede?
  Yes
  No
  No comment
View Results

silverhippo

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:04 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:38 pm
That's really really gorgeous! As big of a pain as it might be, I think a grey glove suade one would be fabulous. I completely envy your corset-foo  

Catcheen
Crew

Flaed

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:49 pm
Wow! What an absolutely gorgeous corset. It's inspiring. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:49 pm
That is totally jaw-dropping in it's beauty. That color was a choice pick. 3nodding If you do one in grey glove suede, I'd love to see that one too when you're done. I can't imagine the dedication it took to make that... and stick with it! eek  

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

firrantello

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:15 pm
*drool*
if i had the money, i'd beg you to make me one. alas...
it's beautiful work.  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:46 am
firrantello
*drool*
if i had the money, i'd beg you to make me one. alas...
it's beautiful work.
same here.

though where i would wear it is beyond me. it is absolutely astounding  

gemini6184

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:17 pm
That is gorgeouse. If i made one, i can't see making another one exactly like it in a different color though. If your up to it and find it worth while, i say go for it, i think it would look lovely in grey.  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:31 pm
Please excuse my language, but OH MY GOD! That is so amazingly beautiful silverhippo. I can only barely imagine the amount of work that went into this. I know I don't have the patience to make one.
It would look amazing in grey too, but I can understand that you don't want to do another one right away.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

ryoaie

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:37 am
i think it is gorgeous!

it is just a shame that the string is so heavy duty, it takes away from the delicacy of the piece. mebbie you should find some heavy duty ribbon?  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:34 pm
Ohh.. It turned out absolutely gorgeous! smile I can't help but wonder where you got the busk from, however.. I purchased a pattern to make a corset of my own a while back, from the sewing and quilting store where I live, and I haven't been able to finish the project, because not only did the employees at the store not know what a busk was, they knew they didn't have one once they found out. :/
My granmother was thinking maybe a bridal supplies shop, but we don't have such near where I live.

Ayeaka

silverhippo

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:28 am
Ayeaka
Ohh.. It turned out absolutely gorgeous! smile I can't help but wonder where you got the busk from, however.. I purchased a pattern to make a corset of my own a while back, from the sewing and quilting store where I live, and I haven't been able to finish the project, because not only did the employees at the store not know what a busk was, they knew they didn't have one once they found out. :/
My granmother was thinking maybe a bridal supplies shop, but we don't have such near where I live.

Lots of online fabric shops sell these (I have never seen them in a normal store). I got mine from Vena Cava Designs as I am in the UK as are they. If you do a search on Google for corset supplies you should be able to find a local one.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:57 pm
omg!!!i love it!! heart i love you!! heart i wish i could get my self to do all that... xd wow!!!!  

crashingplanet99

[ the.knitting.ninja ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:25 pm
Absolutly gorgous in the details.
If you were to make another one, it would probably go alot quicker, and you can make it look differant, maybe with less, and differant detail.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:32 am
Im speechless!
U put a lot of hard work into for4 whole monthes, it came out really beautiful.
Ur right though, that manican doesn't fit it out that well.
But I can picture pretty well on a model or somebody else pretty well.
I wish I had a corset like that and maybe match it off with a flowing skirt.

~Night

NightRainSpirit

Kitanya_Rose

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:07 pm
*drowns in drool*

Holy Mother of Gaia that's hot!
I fricking love corsets... The detail is stunning and the shape and colors.... my jar dropped.
It's honestly better than most of the work I see at Ren-Fairs.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff