Reply The Owl's Roost | Resources and Services |
Tornado- asking for your prayser or energies

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MOD66

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 5:25 pm
i live out near Raleigh Nc and we are having a tornado watch m kinda lost on prayr but im trying the best i can im asking for any one to pary or send me your energyies any and all hope would be great  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:13 am
I wish the best for you on this, Twack. 3nodding I hope you are doing well now.

For future reference, a good place to make this type of post would be in our Well of Wishes in The Owl's Roost. wink  

Jameta
Captain

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:39 pm
Tornado watches, nothing personal, are nothing. They're just strong storms that MIGHT have the right conditions to make a tornado. Here in the midwest, they're quite common and are often disregarded for the most part.

Tornado WARNINGS, on the other hand, are gravely serious. They mean a tornado is in the area, and you better be hiding your butt somewhere safe or you'll end up in Oz. I've only actually been through two of them, since the tornadoes always seem to spawn in other counties than the ones I'm in.

Tornadoes themselves, depending on their strength, last varying lengths of time; also, their lines of destruction, depending on size, can be quite small. However, they're very spontaneous and pop up pretty quick. When checking the sky, look for a miscolored sky, like a greenish color sometimes (from what I've heard), and try to spot "funnel clouds", which are what tornadoes start as.

This Public Service Announcement has been brought to you by Azana Brown. razz

Don't take this to mean that I don't send you my best wishes in such situations...I'm just a little more used to them, I suppose.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:20 pm
Azana Brown
Tornado watches, nothing personal, are nothing. They're just strong storms that MIGHT have the right conditions to make a tornado. Here in the midwest, they're quite common and are often disregarded for the most part.

Tornado WARNINGS, on the other hand, are gravely serious. They mean a tornado is in the area, and you better be hiding your butt somewhere safe or you'll end up in Oz. I've only actually been through two of them, since the tornadoes always seem to spawn in other counties than the ones I'm in.

Tornadoes themselves, depending on their strength, last varying lengths of time; also, their lines of destruction, depending on size, can be quite small. However, they're very spontaneous and pop up pretty quick. When checking the sky, look for a miscolored sky, like a greenish color sometimes (from what I've heard), and try to spot "funnel clouds", which are what tornadoes start as.

This Public Service Announcement has been brought to you by Azana Brown. razz

Don't take this to mean that I don't send you my best wishes in such situations...I'm just a little more used to them, I suppose.

if yor on a coastal place, or nearby one, i find i can tell when there is a good threat by checking if the weather is ...well, scary. i tend to go kind of ....robotic, and the area seems to be kind of grayish. it usualy stays realy cloudy for a while, and the clouds are realy weird, like when you put too much flour in dough, and it gets all broken up and clustered.  

twilight insanity

The Owl's Roost | Resources and Services |

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff