Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply TokyoPop Manga Guild
Do you think tokyopo should come out with more anime? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

little wolf blossom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:55 pm
Most anime isn't published or released by tokyopop, usually by someone else. Do you think tokyopop should start making more dvd's?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:30 am
Well...I think so. The anime might be better that way since TP would have a larger saying in what happens in the anime and can keep the series interesting and truer to the manga it stemmed from. *shrugs* That's just what I think at the moment.  

Tobias Mule

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:23 pm
I think it would be interesting if Tokyopop starting making more DVD's. I agree with Mika-chan about it as well, they would have more of a say and may keep more to the story lines.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:03 am
If TP did come out with DVDs it would only be dubbing over the already exsisting Japanese script. It really wouldn't be able to decide how an anime is made and how truthful it is to an anime. That's up to the Japanese animators. I know one of my friends said they don't like anime and mangas being alike because it gives you something to be surprised about but I just hate when they're too far away from thje orignal manga. I do know someone once said that they hated an anime series because it wasn't like the manga at all besides a few pivital points but if they didn't have those points it would be two completely different stories.  

Masquanade
Crew

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:16 am
No. They should stick to what they're good at. Manga. I mean, look what they're doing to Groove Adventure Rave! Last I heard, they're only releasing the dubbed edited versions.
I don't like the way they released Marmalade Boy.
The only anime I thought that they did a good job with was GTO. And the dub wasn't too bad except for the female voices (excluding Fuyutsuki-sensei).
Just stick ta what ya know, TP. That's all I gots'ta say. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:47 pm
no! Then they may get caught up and not have time for the mangas! But then I'm sure they could do both, but one or the other would be rushed at some point and T.P might loose it's popularity. Did any of this make sence? sweatdrop  

Queen Piglet

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:25 pm
Yesss~ It made sense. blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:01 pm
Fuu_Windom
no! Then they may get caught up and not have time for the mangas! But then I'm sure they could do both, but one or the other would be rushed at some point and T.P might loose it's popularity. Did any of this make sence? sweatdrop

. . . kind of . . .  

Masquanade
Crew

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:12 am
I think it made sense... or at least I think so and yeah you could be true!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:20 pm
they should. But there are alot of good anime publishers. So maybe it should stay with its great mangas  

Dooma

Enduring Guardian

Cruzle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:35 am
At first I thought, "Yeh, how cool!" But you al seem to not like the dubs Tokyopop has made thus far... so maybe it'd be a bad idea. They just need to get that one good company (is it Viz? Tha same people who dubbed Cowboy Bebop and lotsa others) to give them tips or something. xd Another neat thing would be for them to have try-outs for the voices where ordinary people (such as you and I, agent-less) can try out for vocal roles and see if we got what it takes! I think I'd be a god voice-actor; ut then again, I've never really tried. I do have the uncanny ability to change my voice from high to low, though! Anyway.. I think local vocal try-outs would be awesome.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:05 pm
Cruzle
At first I thought, "Yeh, how cool!" But you al seem to not like the dubs Tokyopop has made thus far... so maybe it'd be a bad idea. They just need to get that one good company (is it Viz? Tha same people who dubbed Cowboy Bebop and lotsa others) to give them tips or something. xd Another neat thing would be for them to have try-outs for the voices where ordinary people (such as you and I, agent-less) can try out for vocal roles and see if we got what it takes! I think I'd be a god voice-actor; ut then again, I've never really tried. I do have the uncanny ability to change my voice from high to low, though! Anyway.. I think local vocal try-outs would be awesome.

Bebop peoples is Bandai Entertainment. Local voice acting try-outs would be c00l. 3nodding  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

Telenna

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:38 pm
If they hire more people, then they should makem ore, and thatway, they can concentrate on manga, nad be able to continue making good anime, un-editted, and subtitled ^.^  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:35 pm
yes !!!  

Rita-Chan

akan3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:51 pm
I don't really care.  
TokyoPop Manga Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers