Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
thinking about making a kilt...any ideas?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:20 pm
hay there.
ok so for a wile now I've been wanting to try and mkae a kilt, but I don't want a plane plad run of the mill kilt. (I hate plad...unless its cool plad...and even then I have to talk myself into it. xd )
and I don't want one of those ouber punk ones... I just want a nice some what teen-esc kilt.
so I thought, "hay I bet the ppl in the crafters gild would have ideas" and you've yet to let me down.
so any idea's on my kilt making?  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:51 am
Hmm... a non-plaid kilt. Maybe a nice soft solid color would work. Then you can adorn it with some neat kilt pins or a nice trim. *shrug*  

Catcheen
Crew

11amagirl

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:35 pm
it would be funny to walk around in one made of highlighter yellow material. i can just see it now... people running around, sheiding their eyes from the brightness. wearing those colors is fun rofl  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:08 pm
mmm a kilt without being plaid? would people even understand? i think they would think its a dress... or a towel.  

ryoaie

YoursTruly_SissyBoi

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:00 pm
What about a navy blue or emerald green with a thin belt?  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:23 pm
kilts are not all plad... thats just what every one thinks when they think of them.
knowing me I would do one in yellow...but not for my first. lol.
thanks for the ideas.  

Lee Kushrenada

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:04 pm
I rember seeing someone on some tv show put on a traditional scottish kilt. They got this bit of fabric as tall as they are and wide enough to around them twice. They lay down in it, wraped it around them, put a belt around the middle, stood up so the half of the fabric above the belt fell down, then put another belt ontop of that. The effect was poofy and ick looking.
But I think you want a differnt styled skirt. Check out the clothing tutorial list at craftster.org and see if there is anything like what you want there.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=76112.0  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:51 pm
So... something along these lines?

http://www.utilikilts.com/

I know that really doesn't help much if you want to make one yourself, but... yeah. sweatdrop  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:22 pm
I be me: I'll have to check that out.

DecemberFlower: yes those are for the most part what I'm wanting. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:41 pm
aaaaah, I see what you mean
and I am sorry to say that is compleatly beyond my grasp. I just don't know where to start, it looks so much more complacated than most girls skirts.
Try buying a pattern from a fabric store?  

I be me
Vice Captain

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:47 pm
I be me
aaaaah, I see what you mean
and I am sorry to say that is compleatly beyond my grasp. I just don't know where to start, it looks so much more complacated than most girls skirts.
Try buying a pattern from a fabric store?

I think I might...but there just so...Scotish.
I would make just a skurt but... well I don't think that would go over all too well with...well ya know. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:15 am
If you're part Scottish or Irish look up your clan tartan. Many sites sell kits for making your own kilt, though it can get quite expensive. But hey, it would give the kilt a wonderful meaning besides fashion 3nodding  

gemini6184

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:27 pm
I'm not scotish... I just want to say that I wear a kilt. xd
and I like cheep, cheep is good.
though that would be cool to make something that has meaning to your family line.
I'm 1/4 Japanese and I would like to look up a family crest and maybe do something with that one of these day's.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games