Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Announcing the 1st Craftin' Knitalong! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Take a look
  let us know what you think
View Results

firrantello

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:54 am
Welcome!
Welcome to the thread that is to be the center for Craftin' guild's first knitalong! It was spawned from this thread which is still loosely being used to discuss/plan.

What is a knitalong?
A knitalong (also seen as knit-a-long and variations thereon) is a process "where a group of people knit from the same pattern, such as for slippers or a sweater, and blog their progress."
If you decide you like the idea but don't like our knitalong, here are some others to check out.

What do you need to know?
You'll need to know how to knit in the round on DPNs (double point needles). You need to know how to do the following stitches: Knit, YOs (yarn overs), increases, decreases (Hint: this is a great small project to learn these stitches on!)

Our knitalong!
The pattern: Lauren Kent"s Dice Bag (http://knit.atypically.net/other/dicebag/pattern.shtml)
Start date: June 1, 2006.
End date: none!
What you need: DPNs of any size you want, any kind of yarn you want to try this on.
Examples: I've tried this pattern before. Here are my pictures of a finished product.
bag 1- [x][x][x] bag 2 - [x][x][x]

How do I join?
Post and just say "I want to do this!" or "I want to join!" or some version thereof. Then, once the start date rolls around, start knitting and talking about it!

What is this thread for?
Anything related to the knitalong. You can ask questions, post pictures of your work in any stage you want, whatever you want.

Participants
(I'll try to add everyone! If I miss you, PM me and let me know)

KitsunekoChan
Lee Kushrenada  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:54 am
I'd like to join~ There's no lady that could use some extra little bags. 3nodding  

AngwyMallard

AccentualWolf

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:25 am
I can't believe that my old thread has sparked a new revival in the knitalong in this guild. Times like these makes me feel proud and old and I'm only 20. crying  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:54 pm
AccentualWolf
I can't believe that my old thread has sparked a new revival in the knitalong in this guild. Times like these makes me feel proud and old and I'm only 20. crying

I'm only 20 too smile
Actually, there was a request there for harder patterns, you might take a peek.  

firrantello

firrantello

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:56 pm
KitsunekoChan
I'd like to join~ There's no lady that could use some extra little bags. 3nodding

Pfft, I finished one of these with a batman logo on the front last night for a guy friend of mine. Whee!  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:00 pm
That's pretty cute and simple. I bet they're good for thinning out the stash. xp  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

AngwyMallard

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:50 am
firrantello
KitsunekoChan

Pfft, I finished one of these with a batman logo on the front last night for a guy friend of mine. Whee!

Heheh~ But I'm going for a lace trim. ^.~  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:24 am
Hmm... I'd love to join, but have little need for a dicebag at the moment. Maybe I could make something of similar shape, that goes on the head and uses all the same stitches?  

Zahra Ovaci

firrantello

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:09 am
Zahra Ovaci
Hmm... I'd love to join, but have little need for a dicebag at the moment. Maybe I could make something of similar shape, that goes on the head and uses all the same stitches?

I suppose it's ok with me, but I think that probably defeats the purpose of using the same pattern  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:10 am
DecemberFlower
That's pretty cute and simple. I bet they're good for thinning out the stash. xp

Excellent for it smile

KitsunekoChan
firrantello
KitsunekoChan

Heheh~ But I'm going for a lace trim. ^.~

Ooo... sounds like it'll be pretty  

firrantello

firrantello

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:23 pm
reminder to everyone interested, this starts tomorrow!  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:12 pm
yes! we have a thread. xd

you bet your kitting bun's I want in on this! xd  

Lee Kushrenada

firrantello

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:43 pm
Lee Kushrenada

Oh good. I was hoping we'd have more people on this xd  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:35 am
firrantello
Lee Kushrenada

Oh good. I was hoping we'd have more people on this xd

is it really just going to be the 3 of us? o.O
gosh I hope we get more ppl... ho well... it'll still be fun! 3nodding  

Lee Kushrenada

firrantello

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:59 pm
How's everyones bag going? Have you started yet? Are you done yet?  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff