Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply The AMV Guild
Favorite AMV Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SC Seung Mina

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:07 pm
This will become, if people use it, the official Rating an AMV thread. Just post whatever your favorite videos are.
Please for Gandhi's sake, don't say "I like it." Please give a blurb about why you like it.
If you wish, you may use the AMV opinion form as shown:

Original (Originality of the video)- I give this an eight; I have seen videos similar but this one has a new twist
Capture (How high quality is the footage)- I thought that the Footage was a bit blurry at times so I will give this video a 7
Sound (How is sound quality- NOT how good the song is!)- Man, I couldn't understand a word they were singing,and It wasn't Heavy Metal! They get a 2.
Action (How well the Music went with what was on the screen)- They must have thought that "Turning Japanese" was a fight song. It isn't. they get a 3 for comedic effect.
Lip (Was it lip-synced? Well? Poorly? Note: This only applies if it seems like they actually tried to Lip sync.)- N/A because it was obvious Lip syncing wasn't the goal of the video.
Effects (Transitions, overlays, technical stuff)- I thought that the slide transitions were perfert for the Opera in this one. They get a 9.
Effort (Did someone put time and effort into this, or splice it in five minutes?)- It looked a 3-year was told to make a Music Video. I think they couldn't have spent more time on this unless they didn't make it at all. I give this a 3/4
Review (Would you watch this again?)- I have this video on Constant Loop all day(I know my Co-workers want to shoot me), It is so addicting! 50 Billion!
Overall (Seriously, Do you need help with this one?)- I wish I could make babies with this video. 29 and a fifth.

Good things: __________________________________________________

Or you could make your own gradin' criteria, but you don't want to be different, do you?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:15 pm
Post #2: AMV guild Fav List!

Here Is how I plan to do this here List:
Post if you feel a movie deserves to be placed in the favorite list.
I and hopefully others will watch the movie. If 2 or more people post a second motion then It will be added. Until then it will be in the Pending List.
I won't take nominations unless it has a link with it!

Fav List:

Pending List:
Herr Der Schatten Found Here
Whisper Of the Beast Found Here
We Want You Found Here  

SC Seung Mina

Zahmira

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:02 am
AMV Hell - by A2A

Originality - An easy 10/10. This has got to be one of the craziest videos I've ever seen.
Capture - 9/10 Nothing to complain about here. The video looks find at full screen. There are a few places that are a little off, but nothing horrid.
Sound - 9/10 Again, nothing to complain about.
Action - 10/10 All the music clips were picked perfectly. They either matched what was on screen exactly, or provided excellent comedy.
Lip Sync - 9/10 Sections 4,6 (see below) had very good lip sync.
Effects - 9/10 Most of the effects where in the opening and closing parts of the video, but they were fantastic.
Effort - 10/10
Reviewability - 10/10 Whenever I sit down for some AMVs I always re-watch this one.
Overall - 9/10 I wish I could make babies with this video. No, I really really do. There are a few sections that I didn't like as much as others, but not many!

Breaking the video down
Section 1 - The Fanservice
Who doesn't love fanservice? And this is about as bad as it can get while people are still wearing clothing. The harder sound of the music goes well with all the bouncing and jiggling, and the editing made it perfect!
Section 2 - Spilt Water
I love Kill Bill, and this is amazingly funny. The red light is perfectly timed with the 'siren'.
Section 3 - Spank My Booty
It didn't hurt the video, but this wasn't one of my favourite sections.
Section 4 - Anything You Can Do
While I don't like the song, the end of this section was priceless.
Section 5 - I Believe I Can Fly
The good old Love Hina punch! "I believe I can touch the sky..."
Section 6 - Writing a Paper
I love the Mac version of this audio clip, so this I already like. It's so true. The lip sync was perfect, but I didn't like the one little jump her face made.
Section 7 - I Feel Like a Woman
Good old bishounens, you never let us down.
Section 8 - The Moon
Just like America to blow up the moon. wink
Section 9 - Ninja
All I have to say is:
Ninja! Ninja Rap! Ninja! Ninja Rap!
Go! Go! Go! Go!
Go Ninja Go Ninja Go!
Go Ninja Go Ninja Go!

Actually, the editing at the "Go Ninja Go Ninja Go" parts was absolutly beautiful. Also, I love Vanilla Ice.
Section 10 - Sugar
Even though I feel like shotting myself when I hear this song, there is no song better for this anime.
Section 11 - Fire
This one just didn't work for me.
Section 12 - Candy Girl
Cute. Very cute.
Section 13 - Like a Surgeon
A million points because it's Weird Al!
Section 14 - Bomb
Another one that I didn't quite get.
Section 15 - Move
The editted version of the song, but it works. Actaully it works quite well with this scene.
Section 16 - Always Coka-Cola
We all know the song, even in another language. But this song to guns and violence? You bet!
Section 17 - Coming Soon
The only serious part of the video, except even it isn't.

My review of AMV Hell 2 will be next.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:24 pm
Deluxe by MTT's Kwasek
Original 8- I thought that the timeline in it was good, but has been done before
Capture 7- The video was clear, except when there was a fast transition and then it got shoddy
Sound 9- Everything sounded pretty good to me, though there were some minor flaws
Action 6- I didn't see much action, but what there was was good enough, I guess
Lip- N/A no lip synching involved
Effects 8- Like I said things got shoddy during Fast transitions, but overall very nicely done
Effort 9- It looked as if some one did put alot of work into this AMV, over a period of time
Review - this is the best AMV I've seen to date. My Family hates me because I play it so much
Overall- The best AMV I know off. If some one can top this, they are a Godsent.  

Firamax

Zahmira

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:34 pm
AMV Hell 2: Son of AMV Hell - by A2A (no link as there is > PG13 level clips.)

Originality - 9/10 Technically this has been done before, but it's the same guys, so it doesn't really count.
Capture - 9/10 Nothing to complain about here. The video looks find at full screen. There are a few places that are a little off.
Sound - 9/10 Again, nothing to complain about.
Action - 10/10 All the music clips were picked perfectly. They either matched what was on screen exactly, or provided excellent comedy.
Lip Sync - 9/10 Sections 1,4,5,6,11,14,16,preview (see below) had very good lip sync.
Effects - 9/10 The Mountine Dew was done quite well. Very difficult to improve at all.
Effort - 10/10
Reviewability - 10/10 I watch this one every time that I watch it's predecessor.
Overall - 9/10 Just as good as the first one.

Breaking the video down
Opening
The blood and her eyes rolling up in her head was great! And excellent job there. One down, 41 to go.
Section 1 - Andy Griffith
A short big of lip sync that was done well. The reaction of the characters was excellent.
Section 2 - Unit 01 - part a
I think I see where this is going...
Section 3 - Space Ship
Crayola has an anime now? Cool! The crayon ship flying through the sky of the other anime was pretty good, one woman turns around to look at it. Excellent timing.
Section 4 - Happy Birthday
I would be looking at this guy that way too. Bizzare and random.
Section 5 - Mr. Ed
Should I be imbarrased that I know this clip is from the hentai Wordsworth? Lip sync is about as good as it can get for a horse wink
Section 6 - I Don't Think You...
Not only is the lip sync good. The keyboard playing matches pretty well too! Bonus points!
Section 7 - This is Strange
No, really, it is. I don't get it.
Section 8 - Unit 01 - part b
Yep, I think I do see the point.
Section 9 - You Don't Always...
I feel bad for laughing at this. I mean it is a rape scene (editted and made fuzzy).
Section 10 - Stabby Stabby
Not really funny, but the editting and stabbing is timed well.
Section 11 - How Many Licks
The style of the animation is perfect. Some of it from the anime, some is obviously fan art. How many points should I give it? One... Two... Three... Three.
Section 12 - Gendowned
This is one of my favourite sections! It speaks for itself.
Section 13 - Unit 01 - part c
I love where this is going!
Section 14 - Rejected
This is very wrong, but the audio is from Rejected, so it's ok! Lip Sync seems a little off maybe.
Section 15 - Mountine Dew
The effects here are great! I love Shinji choking the can!
Section 16 - I Have a Dream
Mr. Poepoe! Poor Bulma.
Section 17 - Drop the Bomb
Not funny. Kinda disturbing.
Section 18 - Unit 01 - part d
Pure. Genious. In fact, the lyrics of this song discribe how I felt at this part in the anime. Even more so when I watched End of Eva.
Section 19 - MmmBob
The editting could have been better in places, it was a little off. But the idea here is beautiful.
Preview
Lip Sync is perfect!

I can't wait for AMV Hell 3!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:56 pm
Zahmira

Section 11 - Fire
This one just didn't work for me.

Section 14 - Bomb
Another one that I didn't quite get.

Yay! Go weird al!
I liked these two. If you love someone, set them on fire!" How can that not be funny to the firebombing scenes. Firebombing=bad but it is funny if you combine it witht the music.
Happy Music+sad suspense of suicide bomber. Think about it.  

SC Seung Mina

Zahmira

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:47 pm
I guess I just liked other ones better.

It's not that Firebombing = bad. I mean, I also laughed at a rape scene. redface  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:49 pm
Zahmira
I guess I just liked other ones better.

It's not that Firebombing = bad. I mean, I also laughed at a rape scene. redface

That's cool.
I will eventually get around to reveiewing the others in my post. I have been busy with Quarter finals.  

SC Seung Mina

Ozean-Konigin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:31 am
Rurouni Kenshin - Part of Me

Originality - 9/10 I've yet to see another AMV that really focuses on Kenshin's past and present and does this good of a job but I'm sure there are others so I can't give it a perfect score

Capture - 10/10 The AMV looks great even at full screen,nothing wrong that I could see

Sound - 10/10 In my opinion the music really fit the clips in the AMV and just worked really well

Action - 10/10 The video was focused completely on the action scenes,and did a perfect job of matching the song with the clips

Lip Sync - NA/10 As far as I could tell,there was no lip sync so no score for that one

Effects - 10/10 Excellent effects,the creator really knew what they were doing here.

Effort - 10/10 I rarely see a AMV with this much effort poured into it.

Reviewability - 10/10 Everytime I turn on my computer I watch at least three times.

Overall - 10/10 Excellent video,hope to see more great ones from the creator.

*EDIT*
Forgot to put the link:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?vid_id=48469  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:38 am
Mitternacht: by Pwolf Found Here

Originality: 5 It has a similar structure as lots of videos but this one is good too.
Capture: 10- had very high quality and having seen 2/3 of the animes used I saw very little degradation.
Sound: 10- the music was very clear and a good song too!

Action: 9- All the linking was very good; Mitternacht and it's about Vampires.

Lip: N/A wasn't the goal.

Effects: N/A THere weren't any effects.

Effort: 9 because the way this video goes there is no way it was a slapdash job.
Review: 10 I watch it everyime I watch videos.  

SC Seung Mina

SC Seung Mina

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:58 pm
Engel: Song: "Engel" By Rammstein
Anime Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Originality: 10! The lip sync idea rocks, and despite that there are tons of Profiles about Asuka, I think this is fresh
Capture: 9 The scenes were mostly clear
Sound: 10 Beatiful, Good song, Good quality.
Action: 9 Beatiful! Everything ran together very well.
Lip: 11! The lip was nigh upon perfect, and the way he did it was hilarious.
Effects: N/A I don't think there were any.
Effort: 10 He obviously worked to get the lip down.
Review: 9 Almost Everytime~
Overall: 9.7. Excellent AMV. A must have.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:03 pm
TaskMasta'sAnxiety
Song "Anxiety" By Black Eyed Peas
Anime: Akira
I must start by saying that I am addicted to this song. I listen to this song twice whenever I open up my AMV folder. Which is a couple of times a day.

Originality: 10. I can't be certain but I haven't seena naything like it. But I am not an avid Akira AMV collector.
Capture: 10 Excellent quality as far as I could see
Sound: 10! I might be biased but the sond is very clear
Action: 9 because there are some times but everything else is very well done
Lip: N/A because that isn't the point.
Effects: 10 The effects are very good and original and even through them the syncing is done perfectly
Effort: 10 I am sure this one took a while and everything works well and doesn't seem shoddy.
Review: 10Everytime I open The folder
Overall:9.9 Almost perfect but could just a couple of touches, and lose the Outro!  

SC Seung Mina

SC Seung Mina

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:48 am
Are these the only good videso out there? I will add some more as soon as I get to my computer and have access to my own videos. i can't so anything about them until I get there though.
I think that if other people put up more opinions I will put in a "Guild AMV Favs" section in the first post. Then we could have a list of the greatest movies according to us.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:07 am
DraconisMaster
Are these the only good videso out there? I will add some more as soon as I get to my computer and have access to my own videos. i can't so anything about them until I get there though.
I think that if other people put up more opinions I will put in a "Guild AMV Favs" section in the first post. Then we could have a list of the greatest movies according to us.
Sound good. I'll try and get a few more videos up here as well.  

Zahmira

Zahmira

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:49 am
Hellsing Trailer - Fluxmeister

Originality - 7/10 - Making trailers isn't the most original idea out there.
Capture - 7/10 - Not the best I've seen. I suspect the quality of the video was reduced simply to make the file smaller.
Sound - 9/10 - Sounds good to me.
Action - 10/10 - Absolutly amazing. Everything is perfect.
Lip Sync - N/A
Effects - 10/10 - Everything fit perfectly. I wouldn't do anything different.
Effort - 10/10
Reviewability - 10/10 - You bet I want this one over and over.
Overall - 9/10 - Only because of the video quality.

This is one of the best videos I've ever seen. If only all Hellsing AMVs could be this good.  
The AMV Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff