Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Scrapbooking? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

People Counter
  +1
  ~mandatory poll whore option~
View Results

Trekkette

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:31 am
Anyone here a scrapbooker? If you are, post and tell stories! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:08 pm
I tried scrap booking and soon found out that I totally suck in this area of the arts . . . I don't know why, but mine don't come out all cute and pretty like everyone else's . . . crying  

sakurachan61123

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:14 pm
I.... have all the stuff to scrapbook. I just haven't found the motivation to actually sit down and do it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:48 pm
My mum makes cards for friends using scrapbooking techniques.  

I be me
Vice Captain

The Cigarette Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:20 am
My mom, older sister and I used to scrapbook all the time.
We even went to this scrapbooking club they had at church.
It was pretty fun.
Mine looked pretty crappy compared to everyone else's.
My sister made a scrapbook with her friend Meagan.
It looks pretty good, I guess.
And I think my mom still does it sometimes.
I've kinda quit on it...
Who knows...maybe I'll pick it up and try again another time.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:06 pm
This is not meant to sound critical or anything but ..

I don't *get* scrapbooking. I mean, do people actually put pictures in these things or do they just make books of stuff?

Whatever they are doing it's an insanely expensive hobby if you get into buying all the gadgets and jeejaws that they have.  

taligator

Trekkette

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:28 pm
Pictures do go in. I personally can't stand the people who put items in but...

And yes it is expensive for a good album and pages for said alum, but after that, stickers and punches can come from the dollar store and if you hit sales at crafty stores right, you can get really good stuff for less

@sakurachan61123- don't worry, mine looks crappy, too. i like the process  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:01 am
i do but my mom is obssessedshe is crazy  

switchblade12

Trekkette

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:04 pm
All mothers are crazy. mine is currently babysitting my little cousin and giggling happily away  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:21 am
i like to use that paper tha has a different design on the front then back.i cut the corners then turn them around and paste them to the paper.  

switchblade12

Wings Akimbo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:38 pm
I scrapbook! It is teh rule! How could I not love that loverly goodness of photos attractively arranged on a page? heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:39 pm
taligator
Whatever they are doing it's an insanely expensive hobby if you get into buying all the gadgets and jeejaws that they have.

Gadgets and jeejaws?!? Where? I know of no gadjets and jeejaws.  

Wings Akimbo

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:08 pm
I'll use scrap-booking stuff to make cards, but when it comes to actual scrap books, I'm of the old mindset where I just try to fit as much stuff as possible on a page  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:26 pm
I like to scrapbook, although because I do so much I usually only have tim eto do one or two pages at a time.

I have two books started right now: one is for my trip to Europe I took last spring (2005), and one is going to be a gift for my boyfriend, with pictures of us, and our family - it was a going away gift for when he shipped out to basic training, but his file was put on hold and he has a new job, and is considering sticking with that instead of finishing the enlistment process.

I also use scrapbook supplies to make greeting cards - I was selling them in my Etsy shop, but I decided to pull them and will probably list them in my LiveJournal for sale instead.

Aphadon

rosesylace

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:12 pm
I do. Scrapbooks are a great way to add something special for a wedding reception or for a graduation! I look at scrapbook ideas pages a lot and study HOW to do them. I go by only what I like. Simple, but elegant. It's a great way to motivate teenage girls if you include them in on your projects.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff