Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Genes

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do the kids genes mostly come from?
  Mom
  Dad
View Results

Topher18

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:27 pm
Are you sims kids genes mostly from there mom or dad?

Mine are always from there dad. What really annoys me is they allways have the dads eyes and dads nose! Agghh!! The nose is squashed and I hate that and it has been in all the generations but the first one. lol. It sucks.  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:07 pm
I actually find that it varies. I used to think that the girl would take most after her mother and the boys after the father, but I have one family with 4 daughters, 1 son, 2 fathers and one mother. The eldest daughter is the spitting image of her mother, except she has her father's pointy ears. The second daughter is the spitting image of the elfen father but with the mother's normal ears. But they both have their mother's black hair and green eyes. The last 3 children have a different dad. The eldest daughter is the spitting image of her mother, but with her father's colouring and the second daughter is just the image of her father (poor thing, it doesn't look good on a girl). And the son is nearly the image of his father, has the same colouring, but he has his mother's shaped eyes and her eyebrows! It looks so strange.

So yeah, I've found it's pretty much a mix, they'll tkae eye colours from one parent and hair from another  

Spoilt_lil_missy

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:56 pm
There was something in the guide...

Like, the eyebrows usually come from one parent, and the nose comes from a certain parent...

But hair/eye colors are based off if its dominant (brown/black/custom hair, brown/dark/custom eyes) or recessive (blonde/red hair, blue/gray/green eyes)  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:02 am
surprised HOMA GOSH!!

i know exactly what you mean about the nose.
theres this ugly nose in the family. its been around for about.. hmmm.... 8, 9 or 10 generations. i want to cut it up and feed it to the dogs in the future. gonk

baaad nose. im trying to bring in a sexy nose to erase this..piece of extra unwanted... blob.  

Greenzally

S i m m u l a r

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:39 am
For one of my familys. All the daughters had the same eyes and even hair as the mother all the kids were identical, I will tell you what my boy looks like, but at the moment he is still a baby  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:45 am
Mine are always from the first parent in the list...so at the side where it says who is in the family in that order, the parent which is at the top gives out the msot genes to the children...it really annoys me, so if I have a mum and a dad with 3 kids and the dad has red hair and the mum has blonde, and the dad is in the top of the list, all 3 kids will have red hair! there is never a mixture unless I change it it is so annoying!  

face-_-ache

Radioactive Dinosaur

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:43 am
I think it's a fairly even mix for me. It's pretty much whoever has the dominant features.  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:36 pm
Dad... Yeah. 3nodding  

Minty Mop

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:24 pm
Greenzally
surprised HOMA GOSH!!

i know exactly what you mean about the nose.
theres this ugly nose in the family. its been around for about.. hmmm.... 8, 9 or 10 generations. i want to cut it up and feed it to the dogs in the future. gonk

baaad nose. im trying to bring in a sexy nose to erase this..piece of extra unwanted... blob.

Ahah, one family, I always noticed, had one nostil turned up. I don't know why, but it did.  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:55 pm
in my agame it seems that they get their genes from the person who started the woo hoo

dancr321

kara_neko

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:04 pm
most of my sims follow the prima maxis guide
[facial structure &attributes]
it varies with the eye/hair colour

sometimes i get a mod gene to override the dominant
its amazing how realistic the sims2 is to real life,
come to thinkof it :J

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 2:01 am
BLUE JEANS!  

candee-addict

Sweet_Melissad

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:59 pm
My Sims always seem to get black hair if one of the parents have black hair... I don't know if that is really genes or just.... my luck.... or not luck... It's kind of annoying.  
The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games