Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply The AMV Guild
Music and style Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SC Seung Mina

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:58 pm
What is anybody favorite music? This does relate because They are Anime Music Videos. So what doesn anybody like hearing when listening to videos? I prefer heavy metal to action and light hearted and funny to everything else. Like Sappy Self-indulgence is a great one. "Elephant Love Medley" The name implies a good song.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:16 pm
The Beer Song , by Weird Al Yankovich  

Firamax

Zahmira

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:42 pm
I'm not familiar with The Beer Song, and I have and know a lot of Weird Al stuff.

Weird Al's good. I really love comedy. I should make an Arrogant Worms's video sometime. They're a Canadian comedy group.

I also like classical or instrumental music. I don't like having to read a whole lot into lyrics.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:44 pm
Zahmira
I'm not familiar with The Beer Song, and I have and know a lot of Weird Al stuff.

Weird Al's good. I really love comedy. I should make an Arrogant Worms's video sometime. They're a Canadian comedy group.

I also like classical or instrumental music. I don't like having to read a whole lot into lyrics.

Weird Al rocks.
As soon as I get my stuff I plan to make some Richard Cheese and Me First and the Gimme gimmes videos.  

SC Seung Mina

Firamax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:23 am
Just look it up on the internet. It's like a minute and a half long and pretty funny.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:43 am
Are you sure it's actually weird al? There are many songs out there with his name on them that he didn't sing.  

Zahmira

SC Seung Mina

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:17 pm
Zahmira
Are you sure it's actually weird al? There are many songs out there with his name on them that he didn't sing.

It sounded like him but it could be someone else because I have all his CDs and haven't seen that one.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:10 pm
I'll go look for it. It wasn't live by any chance was it? He sings many songs live that he isn't allowed to record.

Edit: Most definitly not Weird Al.  

Zahmira

Firamax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:05 pm
I think it might have been, I forget. I just have it on my Comp and always listen to it.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:26 pm
It's not his style and it doesn't sound like him to me. There are tones of songs on P2P programs that sport his name, but aren't actually him.  

Zahmira

Firamax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:05 pm
Meh. whatever.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:53 am
Some of the songs are still funny, mind you. But things like that bug me. I'm a very odd person.  

Zahmira

SicklezandHammerz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:00 pm
as long as the song matches the video (not just synch, but mood and such too), I'm ok with whatever, (though i only like rap and r&b stuff i wouldn't normally listen to in parody-ish videos. There is an aishiteruze baby video set to "ice ice baby" which i found hysterical for some reason or another. I have a lower tolerance for music I dislike in drama or action videos than comedy.)

There's a Kanon amv set to a song called hometown from a naruto cd which i thought matches the music very well. The song seems happy but bittersweet in it's own way, and the vocalist sounded like she would look like the girl in the video. The video itself seemed to focus on Shiori's relationship with Yuuichi and personal struggles, like the girl was happy at the moment because she was dancing with/together with Yuuichi, however, it conveyed a sense that things were't really ok. It's really a shame that there were subtitles and some rough parts, because the song/video match seemed really nice to me, with or without knowing what the lyrics meant. (of course, i could simply be partial to this video because i liked shiori's arc in kanon) But anyways, I like drama amvs that match the music in mood.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:06 pm
im more alternet, soft rock. but i listen to any rock. i have a few AMV in my cimputer of YYH to linkin park songs. al long at the clip match the dont im ok. but all AM are fun to wach.

hmm i have so many maybe thats why my compter was fried sweatdrop
hopefuly i dont lode to muchin my computer again i lost all of my AMV when we wiped the hard drive out crying  

Shura11

Familiar Shapeshifter

5,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250

SC Seung Mina

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:20 pm
Shura11
im more alternet, soft rock. but i listen to any rock. i have a few AMV in my cimputer of YYH to linkin park songs. al long at the clip match the dont im ok. but all AM are fun to wach.

hmm i have so many maybe thats why my compter was fried sweatdrop
hopefuly i dont lode to muchin my computer again i lost all of my AMV when we wiped the hard drive out crying

You know that Linkin Park is the most used Music on AMV.org.
And likin park is still in the top used list. That's right even though people misspelled it a misspelling is actually in the top list.
I love Metal Music. I don't know why but the songs that people use in general rock. I have rediscovered Metal Music and have discoever a few new bands. AMVs area great way to discover New Anime and Music if you try new things. I have just been getting from the top 10 list and I have found quite a few new animes that I want to get.  
The AMV Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff