21%  [ 9 ]
Prisoner of Azkaban
60%
 60%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 41

willowtree
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:00 am
Hey, LiamsGirl was supposed to create this a long time ago, but I figured I'd go ahead and do it. So, do you like the movies? I'm actually not that big a fan. I'd rather just read the books any day.

I haven't actually seen the third movie yet. I didn't go see it with all my friends because I had to work, and then everyone told me that it sucked, so I just figured I'd wait until I could watch it at home. I've now heard a lot of mixed feelings toward it.

So, here's some questions I'd really like to know your feelings about:

Which movie was better?

Which director do you think did a better job with them?

Would you rather sit down and read the books or watch the movies?

What do you think about the choices in actors?

I actually have an odd story about that. I first read the books years and years ago, before there was even talk about a movie, and Alan Rickman has always been one of my favorite actors. So, the first time I read book 1, I always pictured Snape looking a lot like Alan Rickman. I told everyone that if they ever decided to make a movie, they should cast him. Then, like a year later, I found out about the movie and that they had chosen Alan to play Snape! I was soooo excited.

Oh, and I really think that a good choice to play Voldemort in the next movie is Jeremy Irons, I always picture Voldemort looking a lot like him.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:22 am
Ugh. the third movie was just horrible...
There were so many holes in the movie I could fill the Dead Sea into those holes.. stare
The acting was super crappy, this Dumbledore was wayyy to emotional to be like the cool, composed Dumbledore in the books >_>  

laksa88

Vintage Baby Deer

Rainbow Smoker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:37 pm
laksa88
Ugh. the third movie was just horrible...
There were so many holes in the movie I could fill the Dead Sea into those holes.. stare
The acting was super crappy, this Dumbledore was wayyy to emotional to be like the cool, composed Dumbledore in the books >_>

-nods- Very much so. I hated all the actors..escpecially the ones who played Dumbledore, Lupin, and Sirius. Peter was pretty darn awful, too. The movie seemed way rushed...and had a million gaping plot holes. It confused the hell outta my parents razz  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:11 pm
the 3rd movie completely sucked compared to the first two. i love the first two, i think they kick a**! i didn't think the acting in the 3rd one was too bad, but i didn't like the new Dumbledore too much. i love the actors who play Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Hagrid, and a lot of others! i was so disappointed with the 3rd movie, it missed so many main details from the 3rd book. The new director completely ******** up the 3rd movie! but i did hear that there is a new director for the 4th movie, so i am very happy about that! well that's all i have to say...for now at least! biggrin  

LiamsGirl

willowtree
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:01 am
LiamsGirl
the 3rd movie completely sucked compared to the first two. i love the first two, i think they kick a**! i didn't think the acting in the 3rd one was too bad, but i didn't like the new Dumbledore too much. i love the actors who play Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Hagrid, and a lot of others! i was so disappointed with the 3rd movie, it missed so many main details from the 3rd book. The new director completely ******** up the 3rd movie! but i did heard that there is a new director for the 4th movie, so i am very happy about that! well that's all i have to say...for now at least! biggrin

I think the rest of the movies will have the huge holes in the plot, because they're trying to stuff more and more information into the same amount of hours.

I also read on imdb that they offered the directing job for the 5th movie to another person, a woman this time, but I can't remember her name.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:15 pm
I suppose I'm the only one who loved the third film then? Honestly, people, squashing a large book into two or so hours isn't easy, and sacrifices had to be made. Yes, I agree there needed to be more explanation about the Marauder's Map and the Patronus, however the movie was directed and cast most excellently well. Those of you who'd say, "Omg, Sirius was sooo ugly! Ew!" need to get a life. It doesn't matter if you didn't think he'd look like he was cast, get over it. stressed  

Magenta Platypus

taeminnie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:35 pm
i hated the 3rd movie! it was totally messed up! they were unfaithful to the books! it was also so different form the first 2. the school was different and stuff. where did the clock come from? i hope that they got a different director  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:20 pm
I got so mad at the third movie! Why can't they just do movies right these days?!! scream  

lavendermistress

Elviondeln
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:25 pm
Which movie was better? I really liked Chamber of Secrets. It had great special effects and you could tell the actors were getting more comfortable with their roles.

Which director do you think did a better job with them? I really liked Chris Columbus's style. Cuaran put his own twist on things but by doing that, altered many things from the book [and previous movies] and even put in things that were never even in the book which is irritating.

Would you rather sit down and read the books or watch the movies? Read the books definitely. They are so good, way better than the movies.

What do you think about the choices in actors? At some points, I think the actors are very bad at their job. They arn't very convincing and don't seem into it. Then there are other times when I get so capavated and will bite your head off if you block the screen. I think the actors look exactly like they're supposed to and they did a great job choosing them.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:25 am
I read on imdb that the director of GoF is Mike Newell; He's the first Brit to direct, which I find off because of that "all British cast" rule. I also read that Ralph Fiennes is playing Voldemort. That's cool, but I still say that Jeremy Irons would be the absolute perfect Voldie. sad  

willowtree
Captain

AsteriaSolluna

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:12 am
I was very impressed with the third movie the first two times I saw it, but I saw it again this semester, and I was much less impressed.

I think the movies have gotten progressively better as they went along, but I still MUCH prefer the books. If I hadn't read the books before seeing the movies, the movies would make very little sense because so much plot was left out. Which is, of course, what bothers me most about the movies, but then I always prefer the books.

I think, plot-holes aside, the thing I liked least about the third movie was Lupin. Don't get me wrong, I love Lupin in the books, but I have a rather specific mental image of what he should look like and the movie was just... nothing like I pictured. Especially that little moustache thing he had going on. Not loving the moustache.

Ok, done ranting now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:19 pm
I was just very disappointed. I enjoyed the 3rd movie to an extent but i just had higher expectations. I for one would be more than willing to sit through a 3 hour movie if it managed to do the book justice. But i guess Warner Bros doesnt see the fans who want the books left fairly intact as a target audience...which is silly cuz if it werent for the die-hard fans of the book, there wouldnt be any movies  

serenity112286

saphirebluepixie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:51 pm
I liked the first 2 movies alot more than the 3rd. I geuss all the changes just threw me off. I was like what? this isnt harry potter AHHHHHH. Anyways but Id much rather read the books, because the books kick the butt. And I'm really excited for the 4th movie, meh, have to wait till next november.... domokun  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:52 pm
I really liked the first movie. Perhaps it was because the plot was just being introduced...and they couldn't really screw that much up xd The second wasn't bad, either, really, but I was disappointed when there was no party for Nearly Headless Nick. I was looking forward to seeing all of the headless ghosts in one room. :\ The third movie was absolutely terrible though. I walked out of that theater literally outraged. All I did was complain about it, and I had nothing good to say about it except that now that they had all matured a bit, the boys were all hotter ^-^  

this.lullaby

laksa88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:25 pm
abeb
I really liked the first movie. Perhaps it was because the plot was just being introduced...and they couldn't really screw that much up xd The second wasn't bad, either, really, but I was disappointed when there was no party for Nearly Headless Nick. I was looking forward to seeing all of the headless ghosts in one room. :\ The third movie was absolutely terrible though. I walked out of that theater literally outraged. All I did was complain about it, and I had nothing good to say about it except that now that they had all matured a bit, the boys were all hotter ^-^

True true except the last part bout boys o_O  
The Harry Potter Movies

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces