Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Need programming help? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:31 pm
If you need programming help, post your problems here and I will do my best to help you. I will be able to help the most with Java,C++, and Python questions but post about any language you want and I will do my best to help you out.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:33 am
It has been so long since I've actually programmed with c++ I don't actually remember anything except to close brackets, and to defign your varibles. Maybe after I get back into it, I will be able to make use of this thread. ^^;  

Kekma

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:52 pm
Hmm..
I think you should try out python then.
No defining variables and no brackets. So you would be off to a fresh start. hehehe...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:31 pm
I want to know if there's a way to log how long certain home computer users are online. If you are confused about what I mean just pm me sweatdrop  

CosmicSweetss

Sparkly Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:09 pm
Im not sure what you mean by online. Do you mean logged onto the computer or actually on the internet? What you are describing a lot of people would probably consider spyware ^_^;
But you could do it in C or C++ relatively easilly if you just want to know how long someone is logged in, but only if you can get the program to run on each log in. This is easy if people log off each time they are done using the pc. Not so easy if they dont...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:48 pm
MrBobVilla, do you have any knowledge with Ruby, by any chance?  

~~no longer active~~

CosmicSweetss

Sparkly Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:17 am
MrBobVilla
Im not sure what you mean by online. Do you mean logged onto the computer or actually on the internet? What you are describing a lot of people would probably consider spyware ^_^;
But you could do it in C or C++ relatively easilly if you just want to know how long someone is logged in, but only if you can get the program to run on each log in. This is easy if people log off each time they are done using the pc. Not so easy if they dont...

Hmm... well I just want to moniter someone's computer usage. She tends to abuse how long she's on the computer. Would there be a way for the program to create text logs as well? So that they can be saved to look at later... Hmmm..  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:18 pm
Yes but when she is using the computer how does she physically log in to the computer? Does she have to enter a username and password?  

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

CosmicSweetss

Sparkly Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:25 pm
MrBobVilla
Yes but when she is using the computer how does she physically log in to the computer? Does she have to enter a username and password?

Yes, sadly we're running on windows xp home..

There are 5 users, technically 4 because one of the accounts is never used  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:23 pm
><
boy dont i ever wish i knew about this
this past year at school
lawl
i suck at c++ -(c# is easier imo)-
but i got a pretty good grade on it.

heh so i guess i don't need help
just sayin good for you for offering a place
to help us somewhat -(and i guess more than somewhat)-
programming-challenged folk

..On.Parade.of.Jesters..

There_Goes_My_Decaf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:20 am
yeah...im using Turbo C++...would you recommend me a compiler...because this one isnt exactly the best...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:52 pm
I heard that your programming interpriter can mix languages like Perl with C and Python, so you can use different languages to make one proggy.

Innit that awesome?!  

CosmicSweetss

Sparkly Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200

Raiju Saito

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:14 am
This isn't really a programming question moreso as it is a mathematics question.

Recently I've been working on a new encryption method. It works by splitting a string into 8 smaller strings, using it's own algorithm to do so. However, I've been trying to split the string after it's been changed to binary. But when I do so, each smaller string length is the same length as the original string (due to the 8 string / 8-bit byte splitting). However I fear if I split the string by it's original content, then change it to binary and apply my algorithms, they will either be incomplete, or will always yield the same outcome if they show up in a specific layer. The encryption would still be strong, but once cracked it would be susceptible to a character array and could be cracked by anyone.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:27 pm
OOH where can I be sneaky and gets a free version of Jcreator????  

Fascienne

8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games