Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 2
Default neighborhoods or custom neighborhoods?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ferrari_Carr

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:34 am
Ok, when you play The Sims 2 ((since that has different neighborhood landscapes and terrains)), do you play the default neighborhoods ((Pleasantview, Strangeville, Veronaville)) or do you create your own neighborhood?

How many custom neighborhoods do you create?

For me, yes, I create custom neighborhoods. I've only created one, and I named it "Old Town". Sound familiar? Well, that's because the neighborhood terrain I used looks similar to that of the Sims 1 neighborhood, minus a couple things, such as the river and hills.

See, I've grown so attached to The Sims 1 neighborhood and my sims that I had simply HAD to have them in the 2nd version.

I only use the default neighborhoods if I want to experiment with things.

What about you?

Discuss:

The above.  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:35 pm
same with me but i forgot what i called my custom neighbourhood.  

NekoKisaka

Super Goo

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:20 pm
I always play in Pleasantview.

Always.

I've started branching off into its downtown and shopping district because it's full. xd  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:26 pm
Super Goo
I always play in Pleasantview.

Always.

I've started branching off into its downtown and shopping district because it's full. xd

My goodness. eek

I can't get any expansion packs because they'll interfere with the thousands of custom content I have.  

Ferrari_Carr

Spoilt_lil_missy

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:13 am
I do play the normal neighbourhoods, sometimes. But I have 2 custom neighbourhoods, Arbordale and Ying-Yang Island. I love them both but get caught up completely in whichever I happen to be playing  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:13 pm
I never play default. XD On The Sims 1, back in the days before multiple neighborhoods (anyone else remember those times?), I'd delete all of the given families before even considering starting to play.  

Nequila

Topher18

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:33 pm
I'm ganna have to move to Vernoaville soon because Pleasent View is full of one giant family and a couple of my friend's familys. But no I don't take the time to make a town of my own. And Stangeville is where I put my brothers familys when he wants to play.  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:34 pm
Nequila
I never play default. XD On The Sims 1, back in the days before multiple neighborhoods (anyone else remember those times?), I'd delete all of the given families before even considering starting to play.

I did that. xd

Then, when Unleashed came out, I bulldozed every community and residential lot and created better versions of them.

((For example, I made Pet Paradise with the same layout, only tweaked alot of things, and built it to suit my own personal taste.))  

Ferrari_Carr

Nequila

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:57 am
Ferrari_Carr
Nequila

I did that. xd

Then, when Unleashed came out, I bulldozed every community and residential lot and created better versions of them.

((For example, I made Pet Paradise with the same layout, only tweaked alot of things, and built it to suit my own personal taste.))

I love building, but not community lots. I'm just too damn lazy for that. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:30 am
Nequila
Ferrari_Carr
Nequila

I did that. xd

I always feel as if I'm missing something whenever I build community lots.

But the mall I built in The Sims 2 is just gorgeous. It looks like an actual mall.  

Ferrari_Carr

Nequila

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:24 pm
Ferrari_Carr
Nequila
Ferrari_Carr
Nequila

I did that. xd

But the mall I built in The Sims 2 is just gorgeous. It looks like an actual mall.

Same.

Blah. Stop rubbing your amazing community lot building skills in my face.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:28 pm
Nequila
Ferrari_Carr
Nequila
Ferrari_Carr
Nequila

I did that. xd

Same.

I'm sorry, I can't help myself. gonk  

Ferrari_Carr

Nequila

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:44 am
Ferrari_Carr
Nequila
Ferrari_Carr
Nequila
Ferrari_Carr
Nequila

I did that. xd

Same.

I'm sorry, I can't help myself. gonk

Psshaw.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:45 am
I have 1 custom neighborhood on The Sims 2 right now. It's called Alderville and the founders are the Alderos. 3nodding  

pinapplepielady

2,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
The Sims 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items