Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Making/altering a journal. Help!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Grendel]

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:34 pm
I want to take part in a journal/penpal swap over at craftster. I've seen the gallery of the previous swap and I'm in awe.

So have any of you had any experience with making or decorating journals.

One of my ideas is to get a hardback journal and cover it with fabric, what kind of glue would be best for that?

Any other ideas would be extremely welcome whee  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:09 pm
I think any kind of glue would stick. But I am afraid that the glue might seep into the fabric and show.

If you want to make a fabric cover then I recomend sewing one, wich isn't as hard as it sounds, and if you have access to a sewing machine it is even easier. They made me sew a bible cover for school once (suffered a very christian upbringing and went to chrisian school).

User Image

I wasn't inteding to create a bad paint tutorial but it seemed the only way to describe what I ment

Edit:
and ooh, you should totally decorate some pens. And if your journal is for a girl you should every couple of pages put in some sappy inspirational quote. Or if they are chrisian and a girl you could use bible verses (or equilivent per religion). And you should use stencils and those kids pens you blow into the arse of to make writing paper.
*just got idea'd to death*  

I be me
Vice Captain

[Grendel]

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:16 pm
I....I think I love you heart !

The journal is for a penpal swap thingy. You get signed up with someone and you swap the journal back and forth instead of letters 3nodding

I just bought some vintage kitchy fabric from ebay, so I have time and extra fabric to play with.

Thank you!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:13 pm
My material arrived today, and OMG fabricgasm!

User Image

User Image

User Image

whee 3nodding !!

[Grendel]

Trekkette

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:48 pm
wow that last fabric swatch looks totally emo...
personally, i like the poddle one  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:51 pm
I love the first bit of fabric,
and when I made that thing I was running entirely on memory.
It might pay to make a practice one first with a bit of fabric you don't mind ruining.  

I be me
Vice Captain

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces