Divinity Quirks Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:36 am
I have to say that last night was certainly the most interesting shift I've ever had at work. For the summer, I work at a Michelin Tire plant, building tires for 12 hours shifts; last night was my first back shift, 7PM-7AM, and it was brutal from the get go; I was over tired, emotionally and physically drained, and just simply not prepared for a miserable shift. About a half hour in, I called for help. I asked CuChullain. I asked him to lend me the strength and stamina to get me through the shift, and I asked for help in ignoring the repatative strain injury recieved two summers ago that's been extremely painful these past two shifts. I'm not sure what I expected, but it was certainly not the responce that I recieved.

My first indication that something was different, was that I had an almost c**k-eyed perception of things; one eye was squinting while the other was. Then there was simply this rush of adrenaline while I went about my job; the faster the tires came at me, the happier I was and I dove into it. In a 1 hour period, I processed 200 tires; this was after being 4 days on the job, still learning, and my previous high total bing somewhere arounf 170. Then the radio began to affect me; songs that I normally enjoyed bothered me, they were sappy and silly, and songs that I normally wouldn't have been caught dead listening to really got my blood flowing. Think 80's rock and Kiss. wink What was finally the last straw, was when I spoke to one of my co-workers; I was literally surprised to hear my own voice and realize that I was... a girl!?

He hung out for a little over an hour, then literally got bored and left me high and dry when the tire supply dropped to a trickle. In the mean time, however, I learned the following:

CuChullain likes:
-80's rock
-competition, espcially with himself
-anything sharp and pointy

CuChullain dislikes:
-clutter and dirt
-lazy coworkers
-having to wait for anything
-reading
-birds
-pop music

It was the single most unique and hilarious experience I've ever had working with any god or goddess, so I thought I'd open up the floor for anyone else who's had an experience they'd like to share. wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:24 pm
Thoth tends to begin His conversations with me with a "Hmmmmmmwah?" when I ask Him a question ^.^

The maiden aspect of the Morrigan is fun to joke around with, and if you know Her well enough, you can even get into a name calling contest >.<

I honestly never thought I'd tease a deity...  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:25 pm
That's pretty hilarious though Blue ^.^ Mind if I show that to some friends?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:48 pm
...*eyetwitch*...I hope something like that doesn't happen to me while I'm in the middle of painting something. Imagine...

A picture of a dark room with red curtains and a humongous round bed covered with red velvet. A seemingly-human she-monster lies in it. Dim candles surround her. Dark perfume visibly hovers in the air, along with traces of blood here and there... And right in the last corner of my painting there's a dancing chicken?

...Yeah, I hope that doesn't happen to me.  

Kuroyue

MOD66

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:35 pm
Suzuroi
...*eyetwitch*...I hope something like that doesn't happen to me while I'm in the middle of painting something. Imagine...

A picture of a dark room with red curtains and a humongous round bed covered with red velvet. A seemingly-human she-monster lies in it. Dim candles surround her. Dark perfume visibly hovers in the air, along with traces of blood here and there... And right in the last corner of my painting there's a dancing chicken?

...Yeah, I hope that doesn't happen to me.
rofl roflmao rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:31 am
Nihilistic Seraph

Go right a head, Nihil. I put it up to be shared, anyways. wink I was actually kind of disappointed when he didn't show up last night, but I noticed another of his traits: He's a button masher, of the worst degree.  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:27 am
I'd think so mrgreen

Oh, I've got one. the Morrigan (the Maiden aspect at least) hates Aphrodite with a passion.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:57 am
Gypsy Blue
Nihilistic Seraph

Go right a head, Nihil. I put it up to be shared, anyways. wink I was actually kind of disappointed when he didn't show up last night, but I noticed another of his traits: He's a button masher, of the worst degree.

I'm a button masher with video games. Maybe I've been channeling him by accident. whee  

Siofra Da`Halbria

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:28 pm
Siofra Da`Halbria
I'm a button masher with video games. Maybe I've been channeling him by accident. whee

*giggles* I can picture him now, sitting cross legged in front of a TV with the controler, mashing away and yelling at the screen. Especially if he's losing. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:08 am
rofl I have to say, that would've DEFINITELY been an interesting shift at work!  

Rioto_Kish

Anabis

Monster Mage

21,250 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:17 am
rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:14 am
Siofra Da`Halbria
Gypsy Blue
Nihilistic Seraph

Great. Now you have me wondering if there are any gods that like to power-level in strategy RPGs! mrgreen  

AFK Masturbating

iolitefire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:52 am
Nihilistic Seraph
I'd think so mrgreen

Oh, I've got one. the Morrigan (the Maiden aspect at least) hates Aphrodite with a passion.

Really? Huh, Durga's not fond of Aphrodite either.
I think a funny thingy thatI noticed is that Yama (if you get him at a good time) is like the goofy drunk uncle. Who would have thought a death god could be so...cheerful? xp  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:11 pm
iolitefire
Nihilistic Seraph
I'd think so mrgreen

Really? Huh, Durga's not fond of Aphrodite either.
I think a funny thingy thatI noticed is that Yama (if he get him at a good time) is like the goofy drunk uncle. Who would have thought a death god could be so...cheerful? xp
*whistles Innocent*

I hang around with the od ones waay too much x3 *hugs her Jackal plushie*  

Anabis

Monster Mage

21,250 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250

Seira Relur

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:21 pm
Celestia Whitesword
Siofra Da`Halbria
Gypsy Blue
Nihilistic Seraph

Great. Now you have me wondering if there are any gods that like to power-level in strategy RPGs! mrgreen

This explains my great success in KH2 proud mode  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces