Reply The Creative Corner
Cocktail (Role Play) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Roppie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:10 pm
Well, I -was- about to audition in the other thread, but apparently, there were some issues. *coughs*AnimeandraiayourauditonPWNZme*cough* Hopefully, things will work out smoother? To make things run easier, for the Rei inside of me's sake, there are rules. Because Roppie doesn't feel like reading uh... mean stuff. ^^

1) Decisions will be made based on Roppie, and our lovely, sm3xy Animeandraia if the time comes. I mean really, who am I to start making rules in a forum that isn't mine? ^^ But, I figured that since I volunteer to make this RP in replacement for the last one, I should get some credit from my peers. If you have a problem, PM me so that no one gets hurt, and so that this RP doesn't become one big "omgaaah you suck" thread.
2) OC's aren't allowed, and this is the part where everyone turns their backs, neh? ^^; People, there are like, a hundred people in Beyblade alone. Pick one.
3) Audition before you role play. And when you ask to audition, pleeeease don't have your first post ask, "Can I RP as Tala?" and wait for a yes answer. Just go ahead and audition, and I'll have a list here of who's taken. ^^ BECAUSE I LOVE YOU. (More details about that later!)
4) The standard rules of role playing. ^^ No god-moding and power-playing.
5) Yaoi and yuri are allowed, as long as it's kept within the G rating.
6) A little OOC-ness isn't bad, just don't go overboard. Just have fun with the RP. ^_^
7) Only one character per person, unless you have special permission from Roppie! ^_^ If you want to rp another person, -then- you may put it in its own post, WITHOUT the audition. :3 You may PM me, or contact me by AIM or MSN Messenger.
cool See animeandraia-sama's post for more information, please! (Dear Lord, the thermostat... XD)

Plot: For the last days before retirement, a festival has been organized by the BBA to celebrate the fun years everyone shared together, held for all of the teams with members on the brink of reaching their adult years. Unfortunately, it's all held at Takao's dojo, meaning big messes and cranky fights for the bathroom, crowded rooms and loud noises. Perhaps some of the guys become victims of a makeover? Maybe there will be a trampoline and the wires will break? Nobody knows. It's not much now, but hopefully someone can help me develop off of it, neh? ^^; I sat there for half an hour, and that was the best I could do.

Setting: ^_^ Well, if you read the plot, it's at Takao's dojo. It takes place a bit after G-Revolution, and the time -exactly- is around five in the evening. And basically, everyone in Beyblade is invited, since the teams all have members in their late teens, and also just to save people the trouble of thinking. ^^

As for an audition, all you have to do is post a sample, any situation and any scenario. For example, since I'll be role playing as Rei, I'll post a sample audition for your benefit of an example.

Audition Example:
"Perfect," Rei whispered to himself, sliding a toothpick from the chocolate cake he had been baking for the team. He carefully took out the cake and set it on the stove, placing his hands on his hips in satisfaction. Even he had to admit that his baking and cooking skills were second to none. He then frowned slightly, remembering the issue of Takao. That kid was probably going to eat his cake in one bite... With a solemn sigh, he reached up in the cupboard and grabbed a bottle of hot sauce. He hummed as he dabbed it all over the cake, then smirked.

Problem solved.

List of Taken Characters
Blader DJ/Katashi Mimura -- Role Played by animeandraia.
Kai Hiwatari -- Role Played by mental_suicide.
Max Mizuhara -- Role Played by Kouichi Pendolse.
Rei Kon -- Role Played by Roppie.
Takao (Tyson) Kinomiya -- Role Played by morbid_survivor.
Yuriy Ivanov -- Role Played by Maria-Lin.

I hope to see you here! If you have any suggestions, comments, or questions, feel free to post. Andraia-sama, I know a lot of this will need a touch-up, so please tell me anything I need. XD; Weird how Off The Chains was somewhat easier to make, but I think part of that was because I had a wife to work with, neh? ^^;  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:08 pm
Just a few notes to add. You could always just say "see animeandraia's post" ^^V

-No script style. Also remember to use proper spelling and grammar while RPing.
-No racial slurs or derogatory terms. Don't offend anyone. Uses of the words dyke, f** and homo in particular will probably get you banned. Unless you're referring to fags as in cigs or homo as in milk...
-Keep sexual references to an absolute minimum. Don't try to cleverly hide them, because you'll probably just fail miserably
-refrain from alcohol references/use. The majority of BB characters aren't even remotely close to the legal drinking age. Unless of course they're in Germany. Which they're not.
-no drug use
-No character death
-No hospitalisation of characters. Minor injuries are fine like cutting your finger while cutting cheese or throwing a thermostat at someone, but nothing cripling.
-No "if it's not cannon then it's not ok!" from anyone. That's nice that you like everything to be canon, many of us don't. Deal with it.
-Stay relatively IC. There's a difference between Kai putting his sandwich wrapper in Takao's mouth to shut him up and Kai dancing the hula naked while being piss drunk.

And don't forget to limit people to the number of characters they can be.

x_X I feel like I wrote a book... But... to be wild and crazy I'd like to audition as Blader DJ. *pets him* Since I'm such an odd fan of his I gave him a name. He couldn't go around without one any longer... ^^V So feel free to call him DJ or Katashi Mimura. I'm such a psycho freak...

---
"No... no, no no..." His forehead came to rest on the driver's side window of his truck. For good measure he knocked his skull against the glass three times before coming to rest again. The keys glinted sharply in the sunlight as they dangled from the ignition. "Lock my keys in just in time to be late for my BBA meeting..." Straightening he took the door handle in his hand and began to shake it violently. "Open dammit!"

After a moment of futile pulling and yelling it became blatantly apparent that the door would not open. It was time to go for plan B. Since his truck did not have air conditioning the window were always open during the sumer. There was a precious 3 cm where Katashi could slide his fingers in. Giong back into the diner he asked the girl at the counter if he could borrow a wire clothes hanger. She satred at him oddly for a moment while continuing to snap her gum. After explaining to her his predicament she reluctantly handed over an old, rusted hanger. He quickly had the hanger bent into a hook-shape and was attempting to use to to unlock the door. However, it was near impossible to hook the lock. The only thing the hanger seemed able to do was scratch the interior of the truck.

In frustration he sighed. His grip also loosened on the hanger and he dropped it into the veuhicle. "Just not my day..." He mumbled.

"Having a problem?"

Katashi whipped around to come face to face with a police officer.

"Officer! I've locked my keys in my truck and I'm late for a meeting! Can you help in any way?" To make matters worse at that moment Katashi's cell began ringing from inside the cab.

Chuckling the officer pointed to the window. "Your othe window's wide open, son. It's a wonder nobody stole your truck since the keys were in broad daylight."

Katashi stared through the window agape. How could he have missed the fact that his other window was open? Turning around he smiled sheepishly at the officer. "Uhh, thanks."

"No problem. Now get to that meeting."

"Yes, I shall." Pride shattered he moved around the car to retreive his keys. It was only 8:43 am. Definitely a bad sign.

((Homygod, I went a bit overboard with that audition... but the words kept pouring from my fingers~!))  

Soppon
Captain

Hilarious Flatterer

Roppie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:08 pm
((Eee, you've been accepted~! And don't worry, you audition was teh perfect. I suppose it wouldn't hurt for me to start, neh? ^^))

Rei panted as he wiped the sweat from his forehead, shrugging a shoulder uncomfortably as he stood on his toes, pinning a streamer to the ceiling. Why decorations were necessary was beyond him. No one would credit him for it, anyway. Still, he wore a fanged grin just in case someone decided to pick on him because, 'Rei, this is an important day! Be happyyyyyy!' No, he really didn't want to put up with that. And besides, he knew that none of it would matter in the end, anyhow.

He had a sinking feeling in his stomach, but quickly ignored it for anxiety. He soon found himself falling backward off the ladder with a slightly brutal scream, and quickly caught himself on his feet, panting heavily, his heart beating heavily in his chest. It wouldn't be long until the others arrived... Oh, and the dojo was still a complete mess. He growled and looked up at the ceiling, deciding it was good enough. Now, instead of sulking, he continued to get done what he could. He picked up the ladder and carried it on over to the closet, a slightly ticklish feeling in his arm muscle. This wasn't really his day... but it wasn't the worst day ever. It was... a day. And hopefully, it was prone to get better.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:07 pm
OOC: Okay, I promise I'll behave and won't comment on anybody's audition. Well, I will send PMs to you, Roppie if I think they're OOC.

Audition for Yuriy

Yuriy Ivanov was not a patient person. Waiting may haven't been the thing he disliked most in the world, but it was very high in the rating.

Currently, he was stuch in a traffic jam. Being under-age he chose to travle by bus, which of course had to result in being stared at by some teenage girls with no life. He could be they didn't have one, since they both looked as if their mothers dressed them. Well, at least they didn't start begging for autographs...

"You're Yuriy Ivanov! Can I have your autograph?"

So much for not being pastered...

"No."

Now the little idiot would start begging.

"Please?"

Fans should only be let out during matches and otherwise kept in cages...

"No."

Was it really that strange that he didn't like public transport? And no person with a brain would go by taxi in Moscow. Yuriy did, so he was probably stuck with the fangirls. Not that he liked it and would be nice...

"I told you 'no' two times," he growled. "This means you can happily go sob in a dark corner. I will not sign it."  

Daiku Maryu

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200

Soppon
Captain

Hilarious Flatterer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:56 am
(( xd I love the thermostat~! that shall live on in my memory for years to come... like the rabbit in a blender. XD When I was auditioning I kept thinking back to my audition in OTC. That was such a fun one... and so different than anything I've written on that forum. @_@;; ))

He looked between his watch and his truck clock once more. There was a discrepancy. An hour discrepancy. It was undoubtedly his watch that was out. It was notorious for losing time. Unless of course they were both wrong and in that case he was doubly screwed. Taking out his cell phone he assured that he was in fact 43 minutes early to the party.

"Late for the meeting, early for the party..." He groaned and rubbed his forehead.

It was beyond him why he was even there. He barely knew anyone and they were all several years younger. It was really Hitoshi's fault. Him and his convincing ways. 'Come to the party, have a good time. Maybe we can go out for drinks after!' Hitoshi said. The only thing Katashi knew about any of them were their names, their blades, their blading styles styles and how much they cost the BBA's insurance in their matches.

Removing the keys from the ignition and making sure they were in his pocket Katashi got out of the truck. He might as well go and see if he could aid in setting up the party. That or if Hitoshi was there they could do some catching up. Either way it beat sitting in the hot cab of his truck for another 42 minutes.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:33 am
((XD I honestly didn't think the thermostat would be that big of a hit. It was just... a random moment... and to think I considered deleting that whole part. My head function: "It's really OOC... *clicks -submit- button* And I put "Katsua," didn't I? XD *goes to fix that after this post*
To Maria-Lin, go ahead and PM me and rant all you want. Hehe ^^ And you've been accepted, by the way. :3))

"No, no, no," he muttered to himself, realizing that there was still a lot of work to be done on the roof outside. With an exasperated sigh, he got the ladder back out from the closet and headed for the door, waddling as he carried it. While he was certainly uncomfortable, and quite pissed that no one had volunteered to help, but instead decided to "thoughtfully" test the food first before putting it on the table for the night's freeloaders to eat. He had a gut feeling that someone would just try to sneak in. Like some random hobo on the street.

Well, brushing that matter aside, partly because he was used to it, and partly because he knew that no matter how much he thought about it, he'd never get his way, he set the ladder down against the door sill and caught his breath. He opened the door and there someone was. Already? But why?!

Now, he had two options; he could politely and kindly greet Katashi and tell him to make himself at home.... Or, he could freak out and shriek. Using the method he used back on the train way back in the first season, he flipped a coin on his hand and sighed. Apparently, coins liked to be nice.

"H-hello!" he greeted, making way for him to successfully make it through the--

Wait. Waaaaait. This was the famous Blader DJ! The one that put up with the most physical damage in one day! Instead of falling on his knees and shouting 'hallelujah!' he instead decided to arrange something else, and he made this decision -without- involving a coin.

"Actually," he chuckled, handing Katashi the ladder, "I know it's kind of rude of me to ask since I don't know you well and well, you don't know me and everything even though you've probably listened in to my cries in my moments of crisis and everything during battle, but you wouldn't mind helping me around here, would you? If you like, I'll gladly serve you early refreshments since you're so kind to me thanks!" he rushed quickly before stalking to the kitchen.  

Roppie

Daiku Maryu

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:35 am
OOC: Doesn't anybody want to be any of the D-boys? I feel weirded out playing Yuriy without them...

IC:

Blader DJ wasn't the only person who was early. A certain red-haired Russian also seemed to have nothing better to do then to show up early. He didn't seem to be intent on talking with anybody or even announcing his presence. Instead he only studied the situation.

After a while, he was sure. He was not getting used for preparing the party as Blader DJ was going to be. That was something Cat-Boy could do. Yuriy had more important things to do. Like finding Kai and delivering all the fanmail which he didn't get, since it was sent on Yuriy's team's address.

But... Was Kai even there?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:13 am
((Luff, the weirdest things stick in people's heads. It would amaze you how much Ja and I refer to that lovely thermostat. I also have this feeling that I'll randomly write a post as Yuriy. x_X I'm actually amazed Rei hasn't mauled him yet on OTC. Err... I'll stop going off on tangents now. *stabs self with trout*
@Maria, only 3 people are in the RP so far, I'm sure someone will come along and want to play someone from NeoBorg. ))

He stared after Rei, dumbfounded. Rei was so casual about roping him into work. Of course being the nice guy that he was Katashi couldn't refuse. Unless it meant that he was going to have chunks of concrete fly at him or be attacked by angered bladers.

Coming into the kitchen he inquired, "That Daichi kid's not here, right?" Spotting the snack table he surveyed its contents. There was a particularly large bowl of cheezies, which happened to be his favourites.He was about to start in on the snacks when it him that it woud be rude.

Turning back to Rei he smiled and rubbed the back of his neck. "Right, so you said you needed help? I'll do what I can provided it's not life endangering. I get enough of that in the bey stadium."  

Soppon
Captain

Hilarious Flatterer

Starkhaven
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:56 am
Kai Hiwatari Audition
Kai sat up. The grass was beginning to become an aggravation. The skies were a cliche, pure blue. No clouds, no birds...it was clear and perfect. He could have sworn he heard someone call his name in the distant, but he was too enraptured by the endless blue to care.

He sighed, averting his gaze to the grass. Beside him was a single daisy, staring up at him without shame. The pure white contrasted sharply against the dark greens. Kai cringed at how innocently beautiful it looked. Why...why was everything so pristine and fairytale-esque? Why couldn't there be a flaw...a single flaw so that he didn't feel so out of place?

Out of bitterness, he plucked the flower from its base.

The voices were coming closer, the calm atmosphere now broken. As if in a trance, Kai began pulling the petals, mentally keeping track of 'he loves me' and 'he loves me not'. Though who the 'he' was, he wasn't sure. It could have been a girl for all he cared, and he didn't really care.

"I knew it," he said. He held the last petal in his palm, and he smiled. His smile was awkward and didn't seem to fit well on his face.

He stood on his feet, letting the petal fall to ground before walking away from his perfect paradise - the one where he didn't belong.

/I'm tired. Shut up XD! *complains about poorly formed paragraphs and being hungry*/  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:50 pm
(( s**t...now I can't cause I g2g...maybe if this isent dead i'll come back later ))  

[M.o.o.i]

Roppie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:51 pm
((See, Maria? Our lovely mental_suicide is Kai, now. Heh..
To be honest, animeandraia-sama, I almost had Rei stab him. Don't worry, it was only in the shoulder!! XD But uh... I have so many mood-swings when I'm in OTC, it's nuts. It affects me while I post, in the post, and when I read the posts. ^^; That can't be too healthy...))

Rei had his stare fixed on the cheezies. It was a rather angry gaze. The bag of cheezies he had used had been kept for over a day since he got them at the store. Stupid residence at the stupid dojo! Now they were probably bad! With a growl, he snatched the bowl of cheezies and dumped them in the trash, then searched the refrigerator for peaches to replace it with.

"Hmm... Well, you could clean off the hair around the tub?" he suggested. "I don't know!! Pick something and do it!" he growled, and headed for the outside to see if the cooler was functioning properly. When he opened the door, why, there was another person! Stupid, stupid people! Since when was "fashionably early" fashionable?

"Y-Y-Yuriy!!" he gasped. "What a n-nice surprise! Why are you here? Oh, wait, this could be a good thing! Would you mind checking and seeing if the cats haven't climbed out of the potholes in the road? Thanks!"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:49 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

morbid_survivor

Daiku Maryu

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:03 am
OOC: @ morbid: "OOC" means out of character. When I write a note like this I am writing "out of character", ne?

IC:

Yuriy glared at Rei. What the hell was Kon thinking?! He was not going to bother with some stupid animals which should have been drowned long ago. He could have been nice if those were dogs... but cats?

"Did I say I will?" he hissed. "Go check on them yourself, I have better things to do then worry about your stupid furballs."

He raised a small bag and shook it infront of Rei's nose.

"This is for your friend, Kai," he said. "That's why I'm early. Where is he?"

The redhead let his arm slump and continued glaring at the Chinese with an intensity which suggested that he was in a very, very bad mood. And an angry Yuriy was a dangerous creature...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:37 am
Ok. Thanks.  

morbid_survivor

Roppie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:39 am
((morbid_survivor, you have been accepted. ^^ Just make sure you don't play other characters' parts, but I doubt I'd need to worry about that, anyhow. Just proof that you play a good Tyson is all I needed :3))

Rei glanced up at the bag and winced, then looked back at him, smiling wearily. "I'm sorry, it's just that things have been rather hectic around here, and I guess I'm just expecting too much out of others. In any case, it's nice to see you again. It's been a while, neh?" he bowed slightly, then glanced back at the road. He almost choked when he saw that Katashi's truck was wheeled right over the pothole. How he managed something like that was beyond him, but now was not the time to think of miraculous situations!

But, it was a little late now... Poor cats. They would probably haunt him like they did in Pet Sematary. Yes, Rei happened to believe in superstition like that.

"Well... Um... Help yourself to any refreshments. They're in the kitchen," he murmured uneasily, then stepped out of the way.  
The Creative Corner

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff