Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
Official SERIOUS Naruto Anime and Manga discussion Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zrana

7,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:55 pm
THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

(People knowingly posting spoilers, please use white colored text to save from someone accidentally reading a major spoiler.)

This thread is for SERIOUS discussion about the Naruto series. If you post here with 'hello' and 'Gaara is hot' etc etc, then your post will be deleted.

KEEP ON TOPIC. -you have been warned-  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:00 pm
I've personally watched only up to ep 81 right now.

I had my manga scans on one computer while I watched the fansubs on the lap top next to it. I noticed how they broke up Gaara's flashbacks. In the manga it was Hokage fight, Gaara fight start, gaara flashback, finish fights.

The anime went part of Gaara fight, cue to part of flashback, back to fight, with a short clip before or after fight continuation of the Hokage fight, to remind us all that the Hokage fight is still going on, even if we are focusing on Gaara at the moment.

I liked that change. That was it wasn't all Gaara flashback for a whole ep, and so we got action on a consistant basis.

Naruto is a good series, but sometimes the flashbacks and explanations get to be too much if it's not broken up by something HAPPENING (such as the Ino/Sakura fight. That took forever to get to teh real fighting! x.x)

By the end of this weeking, I might be caught up with the fansubs. Or at least nearly.  

Zrana

7,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

S_H_I_NO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:00 am
phew its ok...i watched up to 98....so i guess thats just me  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:32 am
I would like to talk about this weeks magna issue. so Ill put it in white since it may be a spoiler for some. wahooo sasuke got his a** handed to him this week. but the eye thing is a nice twist now he has 3 dots like the others. do you think that next week he will be able to use the mangakyo? cause it said somthing about battle of the minds I think. domokun  

Fire Wraith

|_Amari_

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:30 am
Yeah, about the current chapter, ( 229 ) I like the new development for Sasuke, even though I'm sick of the constant excuse why he does the the things he does, I like how he takes a turn for the evil side. I hope this stays for a few more issues, see where he goes. But after this issue, I don't think that'll happen. =/  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:56 am
Thankyou Zrana for making this! biggrin

I've watched up to... 50 something. Once I get around to ordering the next set, I'll be up to 75ish.

As for the chapters, I'm at 212.  

Reprieve
Captain

Zrana

7,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:32 am
229, JUST read it.

I like it. Naruto might not have family in the normal sense of the word, but he has people that are like family to him.

And w00t! Sasuke got a well deserved whooping.. or some word like that. Love the eyes and headband at the end.

I wanna see Sasuke due the level 2 seal form thingie.

I doubt he'll get teh magenkyouwhatever. At least not the way Itachi says. I mean, he JUST got the normal sharingan completed!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:58 pm
I'm on episode 99 in the animé and chapter 229 of the manga. Both of them were good.
I agree with Zrana about Sasuke's butt-whopping. Go Naruto!

i got swagg x3

S_H_I_NO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:29 pm
episode 100 will probably be a hit...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:49 pm
Issue 229: Personally I could care less about sasuke and naruto. I want to know if Neji and Chouji are still alive! >.<;;

If either dies I WILL cry like a b***h. crying  

PenguinNoJutsu

S_H_I_NO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:19 pm
i hecka wanna watch that movie,.....someone pirate the movie..lol  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:23 am
Just read Chapter 299 and saw Episode 99.

Personally, i like this change in Sasuke. XDD *whites out just to be safe* His determination to destroy his friendship with Naruto (or, at least, that's what i'm getting out of this) to kill him personally just to kill Itachi is just so.. twisted. And Naruto is so determined to make sure Sasuke returns to who he was before he was reminded of his brother and his strive... before his jealousy took over... it's just.. wow. I didn't think Sasuke would ram his hand through Naruto's chest.. but, it wasn't a surprise when Kyuubi-chan healed our dear fox ninja. Still... *removes white out* this whole rivalry battle... it's just keeping me on the edge of my seat; Chapter 300 is not coming out fast enough!!! Anyway.. for those who have read it, what is your personal speculation (reasonable ones. XD) on what might happen? It seems this could fly in any direction... and, i certainly hope Chouji and Neji haven't died. They've only begun to discover their own inner power, ne?

((And, Ryuken! oo it's still in theatres. It's only the second week.))  

Camui
Crew

Fire Wraith

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:27 pm
PenguinNoJutsu
Issue 229: Personally I could care less about sasuke and naruto. I want to know if Neji and Chouji are still alive! >.<;;

If either dies I WILL cry like a b***h. crying

I hear you there. but we wont know till kakishi drags both of them back to Konoha. Or it might prolong the fight while he gathers up all the gennin on his way to them. sad  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:50 pm
Camui
Just read Chapter 299 and saw Episode 99.

Personally, i like this change in Sasuke. XDD *whites out just to be safe* His determination to destroy his friendship with Naruto (or, at least, that's what i'm getting out of this) to kill him personally just to kill Itachi is just so.. twisted. And Naruto is so determined to make sure Sasuke returns to who he was before he was reminded of his brother and his strive... before his jealousy took over... it's just.. wow. I didn't think Sasuke would ram his hand through Naruto's chest.. but, it wasn't a surprise when Kyuubi-chan healed our dear fox ninja. Still... *removes white out* this whole rivalry battle... it's just keeping me on the edge of my seat; Chapter 300 is not coming out fast enough!!! Anyway.. for those who have read it, what is your personal speculation (reasonable ones. XD) on what might happen? It seems this could fly in any direction... and, i certainly hope Chouji and Neji haven't died. They've only begun to discover their own inner power, ne?

((And, Ryuken! oo it's still in theatres. It's only the second week.))

sasuke can only get the mangekyo by killing his best friend. I think that maybe thats what went wrong with Itachi. I think those eyes turn them evil. and thats why they had the info about them hidden in that place. 3nodding  

Fire Wraith

anbu38

4,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:14 pm
yay i just saw 99...  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff