Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)
Get to Know the Members! (Old) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meliantha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:56 pm
And be as off-topic as you like! This is a thread to introduce yourself (or re-introduce if you haven't been all that active - like me!), talk to each other, converse about whatever you like, goof off, and just have fun!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:44 am
Hello! ^_^ My name is Kura. -bows- It's wonderful to meet you.  

Chibi_Kura

MrsMica
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:18 pm
Hope you don't me temporarily stickying this! xd I figured while the guild was new this was a good idea.

Hi! I'm Penden and I started the original guild with encouragement and so forth from other Gaians. It's my baby, but my baby is helped run by other people too and Im not on very often now that school is in. Classes are easy for me, really, but then there's papers which take time and you wouldn't believe how many things I try to do-- mostly art and writing of sorts!

I like role playing, obviously, but it may surprise you that I like roleplaying over AIM and other person-to-person, instant chats where I know the person to some degree and can start/end sessions as I please. I gravitate towards fantasy but try to be inventive with it as often as I can, especially by helping develope characters and story lines for, well, my stories. I like LARPing too (live action role play) but that just doesn't happen very often. I love free form and tend to detest rule-oriented games like D&D, but that doesn't mean you can't do similar things here. It just means you can't expect me to join! Haha

Well that's enough about me. heart  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:22 pm
Name: Zelyhon
Name's Origin: Character of mine from a failed game of Demon: The Fallen. Since most other usernames would probably be taken, I decided to keep using this one. Because it's a reasonably original name, it's untaken on most sites, allowing for greater continuity
Currently attending school at: Nowhere since it's summer.
Will be attending school at: University of California: Santa Cruz
Intended Major: Legal Studies
Went to High School at: Prospect High School (A.k.a. Hell)
Employment: Currently none
Father's Job: Chemist (No idea what he actually does though)
Mother's job: Librarian at an elementary school
Siblings: 1 younger sister
Hobbies: Gaia (duh), anime, RPing, games of most sorts, logic puzzles, using semantics to confuse people, ranting and raving

Favorite System: PS2
Favorite Game Series': Final Fantasy, Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver, .Hack, SSX, Super Smash Bros, Guilty Gear, DDR, Megaman
Favorite anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion, Excel Saga, Naruto, Azumanga-Daioh
Favorite Manga: Ranma 1/2, Kare Kano, Hellsing, Ai Yori Aoshi, Azumanga-Daioh
Best Anime movie ever: Grave of the Fireflies
Current AMV collection size: Very, very big (Like, 17+ gigs big
Other Hobbies: Mock Trial

Favorite Food: Sushi (especially unagi or anago)
Favorite Movie (Non-anime): Forrest Gump or Amadeus
Favorite Instrument: Cello (what I also coincidentally play)
Favorite Store: Kinokunia heart
Favorite Bands: Nightwish, Hoobistank, Evanescence, DDR Music (Yeah, not a band, I know), Werid Al Yankovic, Loreena Mckennitt, most anything else that isn't rap.
Webcomics I read: Megatokyo, 8-bit Theater, Something Positive
Average # of Monty Python References per day: 12
Other Hobbies: Mock Trial, arguing with people

Favorite RP system: World of Darkness, Dungeons and Dragons, Big Eyes Small Mouth
Current Characters: To come later  

Zelyhon

Meliantha

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:45 am
*___* Wow, survey-ishness!

Anywho, the name's Meli, and this is my first time EVER having a thread of mine stickied. heart I absolutely adore RPing, but only on messageboards and via AIM/MSN. I can't stand tabletop - it's just not real enough for me. I'm currently in an RPG that's very much D&D, only text-driven, and it's annoying me to no end. So I guess I'm kind of like Penden in that I hate having such rule-oriented games. However, I've never tried LARP, but I would absolutely LOVE to. It's just an issue of having the money to do so...

Um...what else about me...well, I'm currently taking three AP classes, so you might not see too much of me, but I always find time to post as much as I can. Fantasy is my preferred genre as well, and I have three bookcases in my room, all filled with 95% fantasy books. You know, I think I might do the math some day. blaugh Aaaand...my favorite anime/manga are Fruits Basket, Inu-Yasha, Rurouni Kenshin, Naruto, Samurai Deeper Kyo, and Full Metal Alchemist (even though I've only seen 6 episodes sweatdrop ), in no particular order.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:26 am
Meliantha
However, I've never tried LARP, but I would absolutely LOVE to. It's just an issue of having the money to do so...

Money?
You must mean the money to drive up/down/sideways to my place! blaugh  

MrsMica
Crew

[Q]

Elder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:15 am
I'm Q, formerly Ziko.
I got a fanmail from Penden a long time a go about the way I RP... Then I bumped her thread a few times(the guild one wink ) she invited me here.

I'm here just to teach noobs how to rp literately. I also made The Crimson Ibis, a Literate RPers guild.
Right now it has 90 members... I'm too lazy to get the link. It's in my sig, though... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:20 am
Penden has already put your guild in one of the stickies, too xd  

School Of Dedicated RPers
Captain

Fenrir SongMoon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:57 pm
I'm Fenrir. I don't post much lately, but I used to, and I shall start doing so once again. My real name is Eon. I'm 20, I like playing RPs in all the ways Penden hates. xd I run a fairly time consuming lil guild that Zelyhon mentioned for me in the relevant thread and I have a link in sig. (You WILL join it.) About myself, i'm an absolutely horrible and nasty person. Really.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:33 pm
School Of Dedicated RPers
Penden has already put your guild in one of the stickies, too xd

Nonsense! I checked like 2 hours a go and it wasn't there...

>>
<<
xp  

[Q]

Elder

ChocoHearts

Aged Codger

6,150 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:43 pm
Fenrir SongMoon
i'm an absolutely horrible and nasty person. Really.
It only hurts 'cause it's the truth.

heart  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:31 pm
sweatdrop hi, i'm magnum. i was very surprised to recieve this invitation to join a nifty, official looking RP thread, but here i am! wow. so hello all! whee

yes, i know i'm a geek.  

M4GNUM

Wheezing Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Friendly 100

Fenrir SongMoon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:43 am
Who says it hurts? I particularly revel in being an awful person. those moral constraints are merely inhibiting a good time. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:18 am
goatcreature__MAGNUM
sweatdrop hi, i'm magnum. i was very surprised to recieve this invitation to join a nifty, official looking RP thread, but here i am! wow. so hello all! whee

yes, i know i'm a geek.

You joined perhaps a month ago and you were on the old member's list and everything. xd I roped you into it after I met you at the poetry subforum (much like I roped Hawthorne and Onion, except that Hawthorne didn't really join the first time around). Mwahahhaa! twisted  

MrsMica
Crew

Meliantha

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:22 am
Penden
Meliantha
However, I've never tried LARP, but I would absolutely LOVE to. It's just an issue of having the money to do so...

Money?
You must mean the money to drive up/down/sideways to my place! blaugh

xd Except I don't know where you live, Penden m'dear. blaugh

Where I live, the only place to LARP is to register at SOLAR...for fantasy, that is. I don't think any of my friends are organized enough to set up something of their own. sweatdrop

I wish I could read the tiny text in your post, magnum. gonk  
13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games