Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
An insult to all grammar practioneers. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Obito Sharingan Uchiha

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:08 pm
InuyashaDuelist1
Grammar nazis for the win.

am7
Um, what are you talking about?

InuyashaDuelist1
Let's take a look at your signature.
Someone who utterly hates IM Speak and supports good grammar is known as a Grammar Nazi. I'm one, and so are you.
Unless you're lying to me, in which case I'd have to stab you in the throat.

am7
Ok, I'm not a Grammer Nazi, because I don't flame at bad grammar. If I did, I would be one.

He was saying that he was one of us.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:45 am
No way in Hell is he one of us. People like him give all grammarians a bad name.  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Obito Sharingan Uchiha

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:12 pm
That was what the topic was about. stare I can't believe nobody said a thing about how we sound more like dentists. eek  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:51 pm
Umm... What's this about dentists?  

GabbySilverwood

Zealot of Insanity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:48 am
Yeah. What about a dentist? I see no connection between a dentist and our guild signature.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:33 pm
I flame people when they talk like this:

Quote:
U R NOT V3RY NIEC Y DO U HAEV 2 INSULT ME B/C I CAN TYP3 COLER THAN U CAN?!!!!!!1!!?!! OMG LOL I HAET U!1!1! LOL

but not if they make some simple typos.  

Soviet Reunion

Ghurdrich

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:43 pm
I'm not sure I get the dentist part, but as for the rest, One can be a stickler for grammar without being a grammar nazi. The difference is the intent. If you flame them with hurt as your intent, that won't help them, but you can always correct them politely. 'Tis what I do.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:23 pm
I am uncertain about what you posted. Who is the one claiming to be one of "us"? And what is this "us" you speak of? Do you mean people with brains?  

CrzyLuGirl

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:14 pm
am7 seems fine, but the other guy is an imperialistic grammar Nazi.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:34 am
Chee, that's pretty harsh. Anything with the word 'Nazi' behind it can't be any good. rolleyes  

SilverMaple

Sparkly Lover

Klandy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:48 pm
What the heck? That doesn't make any sense.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:54 pm
SilverMaple
Chee, that's pretty harsh. Anything with the word 'Nazi' behind it can't be any good. rolleyes

With, perhaps, the exception of Springtime of Hitler from the Producers, but that is mere opinion.

The never-ending debate of what consitiutes a grammar nazi will be around for a while. It's usually best to politely point out the differenct between a grammar stickler and a linguisticly driven person.  

Maquarrie

Archdemonessa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:02 pm
1.) I feel insulted, I am NOT a grammar nazi. Quote en quote Nazi. More like grammar dictators, not that that makes us feel any better.

2.) Dentist? If that means we're very loyal to what we do, then I'm okay with that, other then that...

3.) 'us' would mean the crazy and insane people who flame shamelessly at the slightest typo called grammar nazi. They were created to approve horrid grammar.

4.) Oddly enough, I've seen grammar nazi use txt tlk.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:40 am
What annoys me is how some people "policing" other people under the name of grammar, when all they ever pick up is spelling mistakes. Sheesh, if you don't know that grammar = syntax of a language and that grammar =/= spelling, DON'T call yourself "grammar police".

There was an incident where this moron was criticising me for my "bad grammar" when all I was doing was using British spelling rather than American spelling. It was great fun pointing out to him that there wasn't just ONE "English" that is universal. rolleyes  

beliael

Nayia_Aqua

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:18 pm
I have to say your quite right. But then again, i think because i'm so used ot the British English way of writing the American English does annoy me. I think the word that would bug me most would be how the word 'colour' is spelt. In the British way its spelt 'colour', but in the American way it is spelt 'color'. I don't know why that bugs me. neutral

But anyway, i think when people flame for simple spelling mistakes is foolish, everyone makes mistakes, i make them all the time unless i'm careful.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff