Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Summer Plans Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

School's out for
  summer!
  ever!
View Results

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:44 am
I'M FREEEEE!!!!!!! NO MORE SCHOOL!!! A whole summer vacation, no summer school, and plenty of time around working.... and so i thought to myself "i should finish some of those projects i have floating around."

I'm going to be working on three or four scarves i owe people, making purses, plushies, saving up for the dollfie i want, making myself some picture frames, making myself some gaia cloths so i can properly cosplay next year, making the flower, ribbon and other such things hairclips that my sister and i are planning on selling at fanime next year, and, (knowing me) probably some other stuff which i haven't thought of yet.

I was wondering what other peoples summertime crafting plans were, esspecially people who are still in school and let the projects build up over the school year. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:48 am
woo hoo! yay summer! i've already been out a month, but... yeah. anyway.
i've been catching up on some projects, made a few new ones, opened an etsy shop (click) (not much there yet, but i'm trying to see what sells before i list a ton of stuff and nothing sells, ya know?)

firrantello

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:35 pm
damn you americans, its winter here and I went south to visit my mummy for a few weeks so I am freezing my tooshie off.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:48 pm
I'm going to read chemistry and craft like crazy, too~

I'm going to make myself gothic lolita gear. Okay, I might only have materials for one shorter dress, but atleast I can make some neat blouses~ I've got the materials too as soon as I can bleach some of my daddy's old shirts. They're big enough for me to sew folds and maybe even frills out of the leftover cloth. ^_^

AngwyMallard

firrantello

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:22 pm
KitsunekoChan

I'm going to make myself gothic lolita gear. Okay, I might only have materials for one shorter dress, but atleast I can make some neat blouses~ I've got the materials too as soon as I can bleach some of my daddy's old shirts. They're big enough for me to sew folds and maybe even frills out of the leftover cloth. ^_^

fun. i'd love to do a dress, but honestly, i wouldn't wear it as much as i'd like to think i would.
you did remind me however, i am making one (or two?) renn faire skirts for my friend (and possibly myself)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:25 pm
I be me
damn you americans, its winter here and I went south to visit my mummy for a few weeks so I am freezing my tooshie off.
i like cold weather. you can have my humid weather, i'll take the cold.  

firrantello

AngwyMallard

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:41 am
firrantello
KitsunekoChan

fun. i'd love to do a dress, but honestly, i wouldn't wear it as much as i'd like to think i would.
you did remind me however, i am making one (or two?) renn faire skirts for my friend (and possibly myself)

I'm one of those crazy people who wear only skirts and dresses in public. >.> Normally long ones though, instead of those lolicious knee-highs~  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:56 am
I be me
Awww, sucks to be you. At least the top of your head, right down your part, isn't sunburned?

My sister reminded me yesterday that we have a bunch of blanket material for project linus, so thats probably gonna be my first priority, so we can use the bin. 3nodding And so i have an excuse to go to the yarn store (they have a blanket-drop table thingy)

Kitsuneko - How do you live in nothing but skirts? I mean, i love my skirts but theres days where its most definatly a pants day. like today. *is going to a concert*  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:01 am
firrantello
i've been catching up on some projects, made a few new ones, opened an etsy shop (click) (not much there yet, but i'm trying to see what sells before i list a ton of stuff and nothing sells, ya know?)
There are days i wished i crafted fast enough to not feel bad about starting a store and then hardly ever putting things up. I'll just wait till fanime to sell stuffs, cause then everything would be able to accumulate over the year.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:50 pm
Mikono
firrantello
There are days i wished i crafted fast enough to not feel bad about starting a store and then hardly ever putting things up. I'll just wait till fanime to sell stuffs, cause then everything would be able to accumulate over the year.
I make more stuff than I post, but I really don't want to pay listing fees for the items and them not sell. I could use that money to buy more yarn :Xp: I've never been to a con, though I want to.  

firrantello

GraveyardSinger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:53 pm
I'm going to work on this blanket I started. It's summer here, but by the time I finish it, well, it may be summer again. rofl
And whilst we discuss the weather, I might add that I hate the cold. Give me the warm! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:31 am
GraveyardSinger
I'm going to work on this blanket I started. It's summer here, but by the time I finish it, well, it may be summer again. rofl
And whilst we discuss the weather, I might add that I hate the cold. Give me the warm! 3nodding
Mmm... blankets. How big is it going to be? Like, a smaller lap blanket or something to fit a bigger bed? I'm curious 3nodding  

firrantello

[Grendel]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:14 pm
I've just finished my friendship bracelets/anklets for a swap.

So now I get to finish my plushie
Make an anniversary gift for my sister and bro-in-law
Work with some of my zillions of seed beads
Make some journals.

I'm also planning on learning some new crafts/techniques. I'm partially sighted/blind, does anyone have any ideas of what I should give a go learning?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:04 am
GraveyardSinger
Oh yes... i'd forgotten about that. I'm also working on using scrap yarn to make squares for a blanket. O.o i have too many things going right now. and i need my ironing board, but it has a knitting-machine set up on it now. gonk I'll have to fix that.

I like warm weather, but i hate the sun.... *has a bruise on her butt and sunburn on her boobie thanks to the concert she went to on saturday*  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

koneko muya

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:34 pm
Yeah schools out for the summer for me and I let a lot of projects build up. I want to start stenceling or atleast try to and I have a lot of shirts and stuff for surgeries also I have a con to attend so I need to finnish my costume and some other peoples stare  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff