Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
PM horrors

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lil_mell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:18 am
I received this in a pm;

Lost_Kingdom
Yo. cmng tmorw/aftrtmorw at 00:00. Chk on me drng the wk. Nt spozd 2 b on. Tlk 2 othrz, if smthng is unclr. cya, nd hp 2 ryt bk smtim sun. g2g

1st of all, it made my eyes want to bleed. 2ndly, I have no clue what it says sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:45 am
Yo. Coming tomorrow afternoon at 00:00(???). Check on me during the week. ?? ????? to be on. Talk to others, if something is unclear. See "ya", ?? ?? ? ??? ?? ????? sun. Got to go.

Wow. I actually managed to translate half of that. gonk  

Zealot of Insanity

Sir Shay

6,050 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:58 pm
The Kid that is Illegible.
Yo. cmng tmorw/aftrtmorw at 00:00. Chk on me drng the wk. Nt spozd 2 b on. Tlk 2 othrz, if smthng is unclr. cya, nd hp 2 ryt bk smtim sun. g2g

Yo. Coming tomorrow/after tomorrow at 00:00. Check on me during the week. Not supposed to be on. Talk to others, if something is unclear. See ya, and hope to write back sometime soon. Got to go.

Huzzah for "txt tlk" speaking younger cousins that translate for you! <3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:28 pm
The sad thing is that I can translate it. >_>  

chrystalclear

NikiPound

Thankful Elder

7,300 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:30 am
..the really really sad thing is that I understood it pretty easily when I tried to say it out loud. Perhaps that indicates over-exposure to my illiterate stressed younger brother.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:26 pm
I have a sudden urge to gouge my eyes out with a spork...

The saddest thing is, I can read it. gonk  

Ablepsy

DulcetMelody

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:47 pm
what's even sadder is, i used to use "txt tlk" (or whatever you call it) so much, i slipped out an "lol"in a real conversation! so i read it really well, and i am proud to say that besides "lol," "omg," "ttyl," and "gtg," i haven't spoken like that on the internet (or in real life) in about 9 months. (9 months ago is when i slipped out the "lol.")
yay for recovery!! blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:55 pm
Congratulations of your recovery. The next step is to bring more people over to the light.  

Pythian

Archdemonessa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:40 am
I... fear for my sanity.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:03 pm
Lost_Kingdom

Yo. Coming tommorow/after tommorow at 00:00 (WTF?)? Check on me during the week. Not supposed to be on (The computer). Talk to others, if something is unclear. C'ya, and hope to wright back sometime soon. Gotta go.

That is actually an accurate translation. I inserted all the () as comments from me.  

Master Sergeant Luigi

Nicholas Kaze

Friendly Prophet

16,625 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:08 pm
Wow. If he's not supposed to be on, one can assume he's hurrying to type before he gets caught on the computer, but for me, typing like that would take a lot longer than typing like this. Makes no sense when you think about it. And '00:00'? Is that code for any time, no time, or 'I'm blowing you off'?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:25 pm
Nicholas Kaze
Wow. If he's not supposed to be on, one can assume he's hurrying to type before he gets caught on the computer, but for me, typing like that would take a lot longer than typing like this. Makes no sense when you think about it. And '00:00'? Is that code for any time, no time, or 'I'm blowing you off'?

My bet's on the user referring to the 24-hour format, also known as "military time."

In your customary 12-hour format, that would translate to 12 midnight, if my intuitive knowledge of time does not deceive me.  

Natsuri

Farrago

Proxy Codger

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:50 am
Quote:

Here is a translation:

Quote:
Hey. I'm coming tomorrow afternoon at midnight. Check on my during the week. I'm not supposed to be on. Talk to others if something is unclear. See you. If you need help too, write back soon. Got to go.

Tomorrow afternoon at 00:00? That makes no sense whatsoever.  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games