Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply The AMV Guild
Video Release!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bush Punk

Dangerous Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:28 pm
For anyone who's ever seen a Yin Yang Productions video, Im Yang, and we have a bunch of videos hosted up on animemusicvideos.org we love feedback, if you could tell me what you think of some of them  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:10 pm
I've added you to the Member Directory. I'll be taking a look at your videos soon. smile  

Zahmira

MayonakaTsuki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:21 pm
Angel heroes is pretty good. I gave it a 3.
The quality could be better, but the music suits the anime pretty good, and the movements are matched to the music well too.
heart  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:45 pm
~Crash and burn~
4/5
Nice beggining
Do something about those subtitles
Movements matched w/ music very nicely  

MayonakaTsuki

MayonakaTsuki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:50 pm
~Digital Dreams~
3/5
Good quality and sound

The misic could have been better, and the images seemed kind of random...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:57 pm
~Iris~
3/5
Sound and images a little fuzzy

Images matched the corus, but nothing else very well.

The mood of the song matched very well, but the song itself didnt

Good song though

I would have put some bursts of light when the corus comes in....  

MayonakaTsuki

MayonakaTsuki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:59 pm
~link~
2/5 (not my kind of video)
Thought it was funny though

But you showed a few clips twice....  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:05 pm
~lonley hearts~
4/5
Good song and anime. matched really well.

The video quality could have been better, and you showed a few clips twice

I really liked this one heart  

MayonakaTsuki

MayonakaTsuki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:08 pm
~pretty~
lol 4/5
I actually get told that stuff all the time too!!! sweatdrop
Lip sinc could have been better

This ones a keeper

*hugs* you made my day  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:27 pm
I would like to start my critique of all your videos with a general comment: You need to avoid subtitles and other on screen text like it was the ultimate plague cocktail of contagious diseases. Perfection isn't needed but try as often as possible. Especially if you use openings, try to find a textless opening sequence, most DVDs have them.

On to the videos.
Angelic Hereos: 7/10
It was okay, a nice mix of some action and story stuff. I couldn't really determine anything about the plot or if there was a thread, but it was interesting.
Pretty Gals:6/10
I am seriously considering blowing my ears after hearing that song. Nothing against you but that song has scarred me for life. The movie matched it but I can't forget about the song.
Dream in Digital: 7/10
Scenes matched, music was better then the last one. I was asomewhat fan of the Manga but I lost interest in the anime because it didn't seem as focused on the story/plot of Chi.
Crash and Burn:7/10
I haven't heard that band in years. Movie was okay. I choose not to watch SailorMoon for many reasons. Made the story understandable.
The video quality was poor.
Iris: 8/10
That was pretty good. I didn't care fot the song but the scenes matched and it told the story well. I watched the TV show while it aired but then it went off or I lost interest. Oh well. Pretty good picture quality too.
Lonely: 7/10
Okay. That was a lot of swords. I mean "DAMN!" That was a lot of swords. Pretty good. Got a story across, kinda and kepty me watching (them swords!) even though it was cher.
Link: 9/10
Funny! There was an actual TV series about Link? What have we come to. Anyways, that was funny. Nice song too. Try not to reuse footage. Otherwise pretty good.  

SC Seung Mina

Zahmira

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:46 pm
I haven't been able to watch the videos yet, but it seems like subtitles are an issue for you.

Subtitle removal is possible using a number of methods. I think I've got it up in one of the stickies, but I'll put it here too.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/subremoval/default.htm

There are many options. The easiest is cropping, the most difficult and time-consuming would be the image editing one (I've done this, but not for subs).

Of course, the best would be to find the DVDs somewhere. Either by buying them, or renting, or borrowing. Not only can you avoid subtitles all together, but the video quality is top notch.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:25 pm
lol, here's how the vieo breakdown actually goes, as to who made what:

angelic heroes - me
pretty gals - me
dreams in digital - me
crash and burn - my sister
iris - my sister
lonely - me
link - me

my sister has a bunch of never finished videos, i have a few more videos that i need to put up there. btw, "pretty" is a song by switchblade kittens, im friends with that band, they're out of california, and actually the bass player i talk to all the time, and i got her to join gaia, so she's on here somewhere.

Bush Punk

Dangerous Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200

Bush Punk

Dangerous Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:16 pm
couple of new AMV's up, check em out  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:13 pm
Hmmm. I almost missed this entire topic. If I hadn't been going through the whole list, I might never have noticed you had videos you wanted reviewed. Perhaps if you also mentioned them in the thread for "Review Guild Member Videos", you might get some more attention, I know I'd at least have seen them in there. As it is, I have a few vids to review before I can get to yours. But I shall get to them.  

Balcerzak

Zahmira

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:22 am
I too would recommend reposting in that thread.  
The AMV Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games